Megson Football

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

On a more general note, footballing ability has massively improved in this country in recent years, but would that be the case if Megson or Pulis were the norm. Thankfully they are not.

Has it, the prem is for the most part, boring don't lose football.

The England football team is no better than 20 yrs ago.

Mainly due to tinkering batshit w@nk coaches.

So I suppose having a pop at megson was a wild stab in the dark.

56 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Its everytime, just dont get the hatred one bit.

Both he and his dad were fantastic servants to this club, but you remember him for one bad run? 

Wednesday thru and thru, proper bloke and genuine.

Carry on.

Im too young to remember him as a player but I have no doubt he is Wednesday through and through. Never said differently but doesnt change my view on his time here.

If he didnt get sacked then in no do I believe we would have went on that end of season run. 

2 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Its everytime, just dont get the hatred one bit.

Both he and his dad were fantastic servants to this club, but you remember him for one bad run? 

Wednesday thru and thru, proper bloke and genuine.

Carry on.

Chalk and cheese pal, Megson senior was a fantastic servant, Megson junior was a friggin bellend, and despite his dad, was actually an Everton fan

10 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I don’t think anyone would suggest everything’s fine, certainly not the football as an entertainment, hence the comparisons with the Megson era. Can’t deny that there were good things that Megson brought to the table, but overall, his time here was not a happy one Similar to these times under Monk, we could achieve impressive results, but then often look very ordinary

And that my friend it the story  Sheffield Wednesday in a nutshell.

6 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Again, these are issues that all clubs face. Injuries are part and parcel of any sports club, and other recent managers suffered far more in that respect. You are also being a bit disingenuous, our skipper has only started that many games, mainly because he was kept out by a better pairing. As I mentioned, it’s not necessarily the results, results wise, I think we are roughly where we should be. That I can accept, but I don’t believe we have to resort to such negative tactics to maintain a mid table position. 

You know im not one for disagreeing just for the sake of it mate but we arent striving for mid table.  We are (i hope) atleast trying to finish in the top six and in the current circumstances, whatever the style; if we achieve this (or atleast get close) i think its acceptable.  I get the fact that you want to be entertained but surely, come saturday evening you will have enjoyed winning ugly more than loosing pretty??? 

11 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

You know im not one for disagreeing just for the sake of it mate but we arent striving for mid table.  We are (i hope) atleast trying to finish in the top six and in the current circumstances, whatever the style; if we achieve this (or atleast get close) i think its acceptable.  I get the fact that you want to be entertained but surely, come saturday evening you will have enjoyed winning ugly more than loosing pretty??? 

No I’m with you, I don’t think we are striving for mid table, and neither should we be. I was just trying to cut Monk some slack, and by taking into account, his late arrival, injuries, and perhaps most importantly, the lack of balance in the squad. Although I don’t like the way he has us playing, given those problems, our current mid table position is about right. Having said that, now we’ve added to our attacking options, and the injuries seem to be clearing up, I’m hopeful things will improve, aesthetically, and positionally Not totally convinced about Monk, but it’s in all our interests that he succeeds. As I’ve mentioned, I’m OK with the results that we’ve achieved so far under Monk, and they should now start to improve. 

1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

Where? Youre gunna have to elaborate a bit more now .

Trust me, he isn’t a nice person, or wasn’t, perhaps I should say. Used to run club nights in Sheffield, and I had to throw him out on more than one occasion. No matter, plenty of footballers are ignorant sh@ts, it’s really his football I had an issue with. 

14 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Oh yes, I’ve encountered him on several occasions, he’s an ignorant tail

I'm sure he is...with some people.

Jos was a nice bloke though...with some people.

Clough and Fergie were both big headed tw@ts.

Our England manager seems a nice guy, football's shyte mind.

lol

On 03/02/2020 at 12:29, NorthernOwl said:

Similar to his time at Boro. He doesn't really have a style. With all the players out of contract in summer our squad will look very different next year. Worries me a bit that Monk is likely to be in charge of that process.

Agree. I think we need an old head upstairs to help with the recruitment strategy. The best window we've had in the last 5 years was when Glenn Roeder was around.

Guest buster123

Another topic you don't know much about. You made a stupid statement about Gary Megson being a Everton fan. Just admit to everyone on here you just made that statement up.