Making half time better

On 22/01/2020 at 19:45, Hitcat said:

I want roast swan and champagne delivered to my seat by a bevy of topless smurfs.

North Stand legend has it that’s all part of the match day experience in the rarified atmosphere on the South. 
Sniff......not for me. I prefer lukewarm pies and nuclear coffee with no lids. Or coffee  

• Haha 1

When I first went to football as a kid in the early 1990s, bloke next to me had a thermos of Irish coffee and a spare Kit Kat to give away. South stand before new roof. You’d try and eat Kit Kat and have some boozy coffee while trying to breath through the thick smokey air. Bloke in front used to have 3 or 4 fags during a game. 

How it’s changed. 

• Haha 1

Fans take it in turns each week to challenge Gordon Watson to a game of chess?

Obviously if the game isn't completed in the 15 allotted minutes it will roll over to next week, or, if the game is close to a conclusion and both team captains agree to it they can play to a conclusion and just take a couple of minutes off the duration of the second half.

17 hours ago, crookesowl said:

When I first went to football as a kid in the early 1990s, bloke next to me had a thermos of Irish coffee and a spare Kit Kat to give away. South stand before new roof. You’d try and eat Kit Kat and have some boozy coffee while trying to breath through the thick smokey air. Bloke in front used to have 3 or 4 fags during a game. 

How it’s changed. 

It made me laugh that. I think giving a kid chocolate biscuits and plying them with alcohol laced coffee would be frowned upon nowadays. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, all I want for half times is to be able to look back on a good first half. That’ll do me.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Imre Varadi's Conker said:

Simon Stainrod's Cousin's Kitchen Run.

We get the cousin of Simon Stainrod to appear in Wednesday kit holding kitchen utensils aloft whilst running the length of the pitch. 

Each week, a different utensil. We could start with a tea spoon.

It's good but it's no "Carry The Goose".

4/10

How about putting ALL the half time scores up? I know everyone looks at their mobile but I miss the crowd reaction to scores and it's not difficult is it. Ideally I'd bring back the bloke putting the numbers on the alphabet letters on the North Stand.  I remember when they used to put the Grand national result up and the boat race!