Darko Kovacevic

Guest Ferkorf
Just now, alanharper said:

Driveby shooting.

Driving very, very slowly...

Apparently he screamed 'You were supposed to be the next Les Ferdinand' out of the window as he unleashed the bullet

Can remember being excited when he signed along with Stefanović. Shame that Darko Kovaćević didn't stick around long enough, adjust to English football or settle down for us to see the best of him. Looked exciting in a game against Bolton but was quality at Real Sociedad to be fair. Was one of many players, I remember being excited about back in those days, that seemingly didn't stick around long and then disappeared. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Can remember being excited when he signed along with Stefanović. Shame that Darko Kovaćević didn't stick around long enough, adjust to English football or settle down for us to see the best of him. Looked exciting in a game against Bolton but was quality at Real Sociedad to be fair. Was one of many players, I remember being excited about back in those days, that seemingly didn't stick around long and then disappeared. 

Stefanovic another great player.

I think we had to sell kovacevic as we couldnt renew his work permit as he hadnt played enough games for us as i recall. Still our record sale i think.

6 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Stefanovic another great player.

I think we had to sell kovacevic as we couldnt renew his work permit as he hadnt played enough games for us as i recall. Still our record sale i think.

Aye, they were both quality, would have loved us to have seen the best of Kovaćević and wish the likes of Degryse and Petrescu had stayed longer too.

1 minute ago, The Night-Owl said:

Aye, they were both quality, would have loved us to have seen the best of Kovaćević and wish the likes of Degryse and Petrescu had stayed longer too.

Its like being back in a daydream remembering players like that

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

If Darko Kovacevic had been taking the shot, John Lennon would still be alive.

Yeah he must have been terrible to go on to play in the same Juve team as Zidane, Conte, Inzaghi, Del Piero, Trezeguet, Edgar Davids, Van Der Sar etc etc

juve.jpg

• Thanks 1

This lad’s a walking testament to our skills in the transfer market. Still comfortably our club record departure fee - and almost half as much again as our second highest sale ever, Lucas Joao - despite Darko leaving us TWENTY THREE years ago.

:duntmatter::duntmatter:

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

This lad’s a walking testament to our skills in the transfer market. Still comfortably our club record departure fee - and almost half as much again as our second highest sale ever, Lucas Joao - despite Darko leaving us TWENTY THREE years ago.

:duntmatter::duntmatter:

Sold for 17m a couple of seasons afterwards.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1