Darko Kovacevic

10 hours ago, alanharper said:

It's a bit murky, think we initially got back what we paid for him, around £2.5m, but with add-ons and sell on fee at least a couple of million more. 

One source I read indicated that the sell on fee was quite considerable (I think it was described in the book as still our record sale by some distance - but that was before Lucas Joao's departure to Reading for £5m plus conditional bonuses), but that we may have made little effort to actually claim it. That would be staggering if true, but all too indicative of the incompetence and hubris of the Richards era.

11 minutes ago, Dexter Morgan said:

wasted, didn’t get the chance, I was there v Bolton won 4-2 and he scored twice, would have been excellent had we used him more, went in to become the most expensive player in the world at one point iirc 

No he didn't lol

Apart from that good half a game v Bolton he was mostly dreadful and looked lost in a Wednesday shirt, and I saw just about every game he played for us.

Stefanovic looked like he was going to be even worse, one of his early games at Blackburn was one of the worst performances I've ever seen and he barely featured for the rest of that season, fortunately once he'd settled and switched from LB to CB he was fairly decent.

On 10/01/2020 at 14:15, alanharper said:

No he didn't lol

Apart from that good half a game v Bolton he was mostly dreadful and looked lost in a Wednesday shirt, and I saw just about every game he played for us.

Stefanovic looked like he was going to be even worse, one of his early games at Blackburn was one of the worst performances I've ever seen and he barely featured for the rest of that season, fortunately once he'd settled and switched from LB to CB he was fairly decent.

yes I agree regarding Stefanovic, I genuinely though Darko looked good when he played, had the movement and the eye for goal, didn’t he end up moving either from or to sociadad for a ridiculous amount?