Winnall

I still think he’s got something to offer here

Looks a hell of a lot sharper than Rhodes and is better with his feet and hold up play. Think with better service from the wingers and less direct football - he’ll be able to get a few before the end of the season

Looks like he could burst when we score as well, he’s obviously still got a hunger to do well. 

Id be looking to play him + Fletch moving forward

Just now, SiJ said:

If Fletch is out, then I think Winnall has to start. 

Not because he is particularly brilliant, but at least he can run around a bit. 

That's a very true comment. And it's those realities that make it not surprising when as a team you finish outside of the top 6 come May. :duntmatter:

Just now, SiJ said:

If Fletch is out, then I think Winnall has to start. 

Not because he is particularly brilliant, but at least he can run around a bit. 

This 

By far the best option out of the 3 

I said in another thread we should have brought Murray back with us 

Just now, hugeowl said:

This 

By far the best option out of the 3 

I said in another thread we should have brought Murray back with us 

The thing with Murray, is he as mobile as Fletcher? Can he work flat out like Fletcher.

Winnall can certainly match the workrate. 

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

Better than our other remaining options. That said, if Fletcher is injured for a significant amount of time I'd expect us to bring in a loan. 

On top of that he's been linked with a move. 

I think we need to strengthen upfront regardless whether Fletcher is injured or not , very lightweight 

2 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

The thing with Murray, is he as mobile as Fletcher? Can he work flat out like Fletcher.

Winnall can certainly match the workrate. 

Ignoring negative comments about Murrays age. He managed 42 games and 15 goals last season which is mental in the Prem for a 35/36 year old. He's also played in 14 this season. On a season long loan he'd be unbelievable around the place. Having said that he's not going to run in behind with pace and energy but he would be an assassin upfront and is a very intelligent striker. 

Edited by TheEnchanter

3 minutes ago, Watto said:

I think we need to strengthen upfront regardless whether Fletcher is injured or not , very lightweight 

We have to shift one as well for me, still far to top heavy squad wise

That said lose Fletcher for the season not sure if that then means we need to lose one and then add two. 

Need to shift some of the deadwood. 

Edited by Maddogbob

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

Ignoring Murrays age. He managed 42 games and 15 goals last season which is mental in the Prem for a 35/36 year old. He's also played in 14 this season. On a season long loan he'd be unbelievable around the place. Having said that he's not going to run in behind with pace and energy but he would be an assassin upfront and is a very intelligent striker. 

So different player but perhaps more prolific. 

Just now, Maddogbob said:

So different player but perhaps more prolific. 

I personally think he'd be the sort of player that could put us in the top 6. Experience and goals would be valuable. But it would be a short term transfer for a squad that is already an older supposedly more experienced one. If we are only utilizing the loan market then I'd love Murray in. If we are looking at permanent signings, im sure if we were that it'd be smaller end fees, then I could see us going for someone like Clarke-Harris. 

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I personally think he'd be the sort of player that could put us in the top 6. Experience and goals would be valuable. But it would be a short term transfer for a squad that is already an older supposedly more experienced one. If we are only utilizing the loan market then I'd love Murray in. If we are looking at permanent signings, im sure if we were that it'd be smaller end fees, then I could see us going for someone like Clarke-Harris. 

Seriously, do you think the squad lacks experience? Where has that got us, duplicating our ageing starting eleven, with an equally long in the tooth back up squad That’s why we are in the mess we are now in

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, A12owl said:

He's hardly played.

He's had opportunities, like Rhodes. Neither have done near enough with them.