I Think...

10 hours ago, Pieman said:

I fail to see what Moses did wrong, I thought he had a decent game.im not sure he deserves to be criticised, he certainly didn’t do anything wrong for the pen.

10 hours ago, LSOwls said:

His positioning is abysmal 

The first job of a defender is to defend. I'm sorry but I think his positioning lets him down and then he tries to make up for it - that's what cost us the pen. You may say it was a soft one but if you "fall" into a player in the box preventing him having a shot it's got to be a pen, surely ? He was lucky not to have received a second yellow at that point leaving us short for even longer.

10 hours ago, Pieman said:

I fail to see what Moses did wrong, I thought he had a decent game.im not sure he deserves to be criticised, he certainly didn’t do anything wrong for the pen.

He’s got no understanding of when to release the ball, he either panics and belts it out of play or runs into trouble

His defending from set pieces is horrendous and he gets drawn to the ball leaving himself constantly wide open on the right

Other than that, he’s terrific 

Guest LittleG
10 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

Lee right wing back

Lee

Borner

Iorfa

Reach left wing back

Sorry but can't go along with this. Even wing backs need to be able to tackle and both Lee and Reach are not good enough at this. Plus Lee is not back to his previous high standards and may never be.

35 minutes ago, billyblack said:

No thanks.

Fox LWB and bring back Penney for option.

I actually think Odubajo would make better WB than FB.

I don't know what you've seen to say he could be better at WB, he seems to offer absolutely zilch going forward every time I've seen him play. 

8 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Fair comment but do you think our defence would be stronger with big bad Dom there & Borner at CH? 

It’s a good question. Two points worry me. There are many similarities between Lees and Börner. I don’t want them to be a Fletch and Nuhiu. Similarly, Dom bring pace at CH. We rightly moan hugely about our lack of mobility and pace up front. Wouldn’t putting Lees and Börner together, be in danger of doing the same thing?

8 hours ago, doubleo said:

The first job of a defender is to defend. I'm sorry but I think his positioning lets him down and then he tries to make up for it - that's what cost us the pen. You may say it was a soft one but if you "fall" into a player in the box preventing him having a shot it's got to be a pen, surely ? He was lucky not to have received a second yellow at that point leaving us short for even longer.

Mate, in respect of the pen, your point is simply wrong. Moses body position WAS perfect, the forward fell into him, not the other way round. If it happened as you say, of course it would be a stone cold pen.

i also note today the Dorbeh fans are demanding Lawrence be dropped, given how ineffective he was last night.....

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Pieman said:

It’s a good question. Two points worry me. There are many similarities between Lees and Börner. I don’t want them to be a Fletch and Nuhiu. Similarly, Dom bring pace at CH. We rightly moan hugely about our lack of mobility and pace up front. Wouldn’t putting Lees and Börner together, be in danger of doing the same thing?

Possibly. I just think big bad Dom could cover Lees & still do his own job defending. He'd also offer as much going forward as Banjo & Palmer. Like Casbah said earlier, can you justify a good CH on the bench (Lees or Borner) to start Palmer?

9 hours ago, LittleG said:

Sorry but can't go along with this. Even wing backs need to be able to tackle and both Lee and Reach are not good enough at this. Plus Lee is not back to his previous high standards and may never be.

I agree but I still wouldn't mind seeing it just to be sure.

It could be really good....maybe.

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, trev said:

I agree but I still wouldn't mind seeing it just to be sure.

It could be really good....maybe.

Wing back is the most demanding position on the pitch; unfortunately Lee no longer has the legs or stamina to play this role.

2 hours ago, james o connor said:

Palmer who has 200 odd games in the championship and the current Scotland right back isn’t up to championship standard . Rito 

you’re actually claiming that he’s the best Scottish RB as a credit??? Hahahaha...have you seen Scottish football recently? 

their best player is their left back...says it all mate. 

23 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Don’t think anyone will pay £20m for a Championship right back... but may do for a Centre Back.

We’ve got to keep him there. 

Totally agree. Even at right back Iorfa dont look the best. but at centre he could became one of the best in the championship easily. Never happening to him at right back.

2 hours ago, james o connor said:

Palmer who has 200 odd games in the championship and the current Scotland right back isn’t up to championship standard . Rito 

Palmer and Fox for that matter have proven this season that they are more than capable of being out fullbacks. Dont get all the hate for them.  It's as if people are expecting us to sign full backs of the quality of liverpool's. Chances are whoever we sign wont be that much better.  Iorfa and Odubajo have both come in and that was suppose to be the end for Palmer. But he is probably better than them both at full back. People dont really want Iorfa at full back they just want Borner, Lees and him in the team and see full back as the week spot to put him in. Why not let him replace Hutchinson in the next two games if that's the case then. 

9 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

you’re actually claiming that he’s the best Scottish RB as a credit??? Hahahaha...have you seen Scottish football recently? 

their best player is their left back...says it all mate. 

What has Robertson got to do with it ? Bizarre . 

because Scotland aren’t that good , it should be discredited that he’s currently the first choice . Brilliant . 

he was excellent  last season and hasnt been that bad this year . Honestly at times our fans are beyond stupid . 

8 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Palmer and Fox for that matter have proven this season that they are more than capable of being out fullbacks. Dont get all the hate for them.  It's as if people are expecting us to sign full backs of the quality of liverpool's. Chances are whoever we sign wont be that much better.  Iorfa and Odubajo have both come in and that was suppose to be the end for Palmer. But he is probably better than them both at full back. People dont really want Iorfa at full back they just want Borner, Lees and him in the team and see full back as the week spot to put him in. Why not let him replace Hutchinson in the next two games if that's the case then. 

Few a sensible post at last , agreed 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

What has Robertson got to do with it ? Bizarre . 

because Scotland aren’t that good , it should be discredited that he’s currently the first choice . Brilliant . 

he was excellent  last season and hasnt been that bad this year . Honestly at times our fans are beyond stupid . 

are you stupid?? My comment about their back been their best player shows the terrible standard your using as an argument for Palmer!! 

Palmer as been average and that’s it...no more no less!) 

23 hours ago, doubleo said:

Was you watching same game as me? The derby player was no where near the ball to have a shot? MO leaned into him to see the ball away and He literally dragged Him down. The ref couldn’t wait to be in the spot light and blew for a pen! 

• Thanks 1