I Think...

We're going to be forced to play Iorfa at right back if we persist with a back 4.

I think he's been an absolute stand out at CB but our right back position has cost us so much already this season what with Odubajo and Palmer who are just not Championship material.

The only other way would be to do away with full backs altogether and play 3-5-2 but that would also be quite harsh on Fox who has been steady since he got his chance.

6 minutes ago, erowl said:

We're going to be forced to play Iorfa at right back if we persist with a back 4.

I think he's been an absolute stand out at CB but our right back position has cost us so much already this season what with Odubajo and Palmer who are just not Championship material.

The only other way would be to do away with full backs altogether and play 3-5-2 but that would also be quite harsh on Fox who has been steady since he got his chance.

I think Iorfa may be off if he doesn’t play centre back, and there would be plenty of takers, but I thought he was great at RB, and with Lees and Borner, I think that is our best back for (with Fox LB).

15 minutes ago, erowl said:

Lee right wing back

Lee

Borner

Iorfa

Reach left wing back

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

...it’s a really good point.

First, Tom Lees has already shown he is better than the admirable Borner.

Yes, Iorfa is 10 x the full-back Odubajo is.

But I think you do Palmer a disservice. He’s a very good RB.

That’s a big shout - I think it’s great to have competition for places and Lees has taken his chance, but I wouldn’t say he’s any better than Borner.  Maybe we will get to see them play together to try and resolve the problem at right back.  I say problem because I’m less convinced about Palmer than you are - all I see right now are 2 right backs who aren’t great defensively (probable understatement for Odubajo) and offer nothing going forward.

Guest Grez Bez
1 minute ago, Pieman said:

I fail to see what Moses did wrong, I thought he had a decent game.im not sure he deserves to be criticised, he certainly didn’t do anything wrong for the pen.

His positioning is abysmal 

2 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

His positioning is abysmal 

Maybe and I am not suggesting he is the main man. However, not one single chance was created and their best player, playing LHS midfield was anonymous. He played his part in a good back 5 performance tonight.

9 hours ago, Pieman said:

I fail to see what Moses did wrong, I thought he had a decent game.im not sure he deserves to be criticised, he certainly didn’t do anything wrong for the pen.

He was the weak link last night and has been every time he has played, really want him to step up but he is weak as p&&s and just isn’t what we need, Palmer gets the nod for me all day long

Sell Big Dom in January if we get an offer of 12m plus, Spend half on a decent Right back other half offsets losses. We have to be savvy to survive in this league and can’t afford to carry too much of a surplus in the squad. We have adequate cover at CB and can’t keep turning down offers if we want to compete long term.