Westwood 'injured' - Dawson to start

2 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

all I remember about jos is 10 behind ball watching just horrid football . never again. 

A little exaggeration! JL with many injuries as well as players he did not think were really fit,  played  too many young players but with often five at the back and realised the strikers were so weak, a 1-0 was the best to hope for. GM not far off the same conclusion.

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

I’m a big Westwood fan but if he’s been dropped he can’t complain after recent performances.

Even when he’s finished his suspension, I’d leave Palmer out after Saturday too. Lazy defending followed by a nobhead’s challenge.

Yes errors; but Palmer's fault for the winner at WBA. Our defenders are struggling.

2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He's defo been dropped.

Reckon the injury thing is cos Westwood had refused to sit on bench instead.

Monk said he would have played Dawson regardless so that's a fact.

I was thinking the same thing regarding the 'injury' though. I just can't see Westwood sitting on the bench. 

I am a big fan of Westwood but I don't think he is in a position to argue that he hasn't been at his best recently. I hope he proves me wrong and if Dawson does well in the next couple of games then Keiren should be on the bench and in the warm-ups supporting his team mate but I just have a feeling that this won't be the case.

7 minutes ago, victorturner said:

A little exaggeration! JL with many injuries as well as players he did not think were really fit,  played  too many young players but with often five at the back and realised the strikers were so weak, a 1-0 was the best to hope for. GM not far off the same conclusion.

yes he had an horrific injury situation a lot of that was caused by the clown carlos who played players injured or way too soon after injury ,thankfully he is well gone and now injuries and recovery are treated in a much more professional way under bruce and now monk. yes when you don't have so many options you have to play a different way. but remember about 5 players where not injured under jos and criminally were not used hutch, westwood,boyd just to name 3. 

9 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Yes errors; but Palmer's fault for the winner at WBA. Our defenders are struggling.

why do we always have to blame individuals, Palmer Iorfa and Westwood we’re all at fault , we lose as a team and we win as a team 

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Monk said he would have played Dawson regardless so that's a fact.

I was thinking the same thing regarding the 'injury' though. I just can't see Westwood sitting on the bench. 

I am a big fan of Westwood but I don't think he is in a position to argue that he hasn't been at his best recently. I hope he proves me wrong and if Dawson does well in the next couple of games then Keiren should be on the bench and in the warm-ups supporting his team mate but I just have a feeling that this won't be the case.

not in a million years will westwood be on the bench 2moro. I doubt he will be anywhere near Hillsborough 2moro night , he is quick to blame others (defenders) but this season he needs to put his hands up and say he is well below his best .and he should support dawson and sit on bench until he is needed which in football could be the next game. 

14 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I’m a big Westwood fan but if he’s been dropped he can’t complain after recent performances.

Even when he’s finished his suspension, I’d leave Palmer out after Saturday too. Lazy defending followed by a nobhead’s challenge.

Palmer's performances have gone downhill since he went back to right-back. He played well in our 4-1 win at Boro where Moses played at right-back, They both played in our 1-0 win against Wigan. Moses hasn't played since then and although Fox has done OK we have only won 1 of 6 games since then.

18 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

He conceded so many goals when he played last season. Surely some of that comes down to the actual goalkeeper rather than the outfield players. A keeper has to take some responsibility. Personally I don’t think Dawson has the qualities to be our number one long term. 

I tend to agree but feel we shouldn’t write off Dawson just yet , potential is there I feel .

2 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I tend to agree but feel we shouldn’t write off Dawson just yet , potential is there I feel .

I hope you are right. Thing is though he isn’t a young kid anymore. He’s 24 now. His lack of commanding his area and being vocal is a big concern for me. He seems a very good shot stopper. 

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I hope you are right. Thing is though he isn’t a young kid anymore. He’s 24 now. His lack of commanding his area and being vocal is a big concern for me. He seems a very good shot stopper. 

We see his weaknesses so surely the coaching staff do too ? 

10 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Palmer's performances have gone downhill since he went back to right-back. He played well in our 4-1 win at Boro where Moses played at right-back, They both played in our 1-0 win against Wigan. Moses hasn't played since then and although Fox has done OK we have only won 1 of 6 games since then.

Palmer has been off for several matches and returned to his former form. The defence actually does not look assured and even Borner has made mistakes. Central defenders are not commanding and we know the full backs are moderate at besy=t...even though all have stormers against a modest Birmingham! WBA and Swansea were challenges to our level of team and as expected they played well but not well enough. There is no goal threat

14 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

not in a million years will westwood be on the bench 2moro. I doubt he will be anywhere near Hillsborough 2moro night , he is quick to blame others (defenders) but this season he needs to put his hands up and say he is well below his best .and he should support dawson and sit on bench until he is needed which in football could be the next game. 

Westwood may think he is the fall guy for poor defending for weeks. That defending is under challenge when the midfield cannot hold the ball and the strikers can only score once if you are lucky

Just now, Arthur Bach said:

Goes to show there was more about Jos' tenure than meets the eye.

He was hounded out by the local media ( pathetically bullying him) , by impatient fans and by putting in too many young players who could not sustain it after the international break last October. His analysis may have been spot on

48 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

He conceded so many goals when he played last season. Surely some of that comes down to the actual goalkeeper rather than the outfield players. A keeper has to take some responsibility. Personally I don’t think Dawson has the qualities to be our number one long term. 

We also swapped defenders every week, alternated between a back four and five, kept playing out from the back despite it not working. 

56 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Yes, but you are completely ignoring (intentionally or no)t the context in which he came into the team. 

Even a keeper the quality of Westwood would have struggled with Jos in charge. 

The whole set up was a shambles. 

Give Dawson a chance for once. 

Edited by SiJ

Delighted Westwood isn’t playing . Knock or no knock , seems monk isn’t prepared to live in the past . He can see Westwood has had it . We aren’t going up and barring a huge point deduction , aren’t going down . Dawson should have the shirt for the rest of the year to see if he’s up to the task. If he isn’t ,  new number 1 next year 

51 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

yes he had an horrific injury situation a lot of that was caused by the clown carlos who played players injured or way too soon after injury ,thankfully he is well gone and now injuries and recovery are treated in a much more professional way under bruce and now monk. yes when you don't have so many options you have to play a different way. but remember about 5 players where not injured under jos and criminally were not used hutch, westwood,boyd just to name 3. 

Westwood and Hutchinson may have been managing long term physical problems though. Fans thought Boyd was not up to it so they agreed with Jos actually

13 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Delighted Westwood isn’t playing . Knock or no knock , seems monk isn’t prepared to live in the past . He can see Westwood has had it . We aren’t going up and barring a huge point deduction , aren’t going down . Dawson should have the shirt for the rest of the year to see if he’s up to the task. If he isn’t ,  new number 1 next year 

Why exactly are you delighted ? Were you delighted to see easy goal scoring chances going  begging too ? So according  to you we play Dawson all season whether he is good enough or not ? Odd that !!