Westwood 'injured' - Dawson to start

3 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Why exactly are you delighted ? Were you delighted to see easy goal scoring chances going  begging too ? So according  to you we play Dawson all season whether he is good enough or not ? Odd that !! 

I’m delighted Dawson will be playing as I think he’s the better keeper. I think he needs an extended run to see if he’s up to the task of being our regular number one . Sorry if you don’t agree but For me this is a positive move 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Monk said he would have played Dawson regardless so that's a fact.

I was thinking the same thing regarding the 'injury' though. I just can't see Westwood sitting on the bench. 

I am a big fan of Westwood but I don't think he is in a position to argue that he hasn't been at his best recently. I hope he proves me wrong and if Dawson does well in the next couple of games then Keiren should be on the bench and in the warm-ups supporting his team mate but I just have a feeling that this won't be the case.

but what if Dawson drops a ball,then what ?

53 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

In fairness if he has been dropped then it is no more than deserved, he needs to work hard and find his form again.

I'm KW and will defend him to the fullest but there is no room for sentiments if we want to be a team challenging.

No one in the entire team should think there are gaurenteed a starting place.

There are plenty of underperforming players to look at.

13 hours ago, dorian gray said:

how much is he on?

a lot would be willing to run the risk for £15k per week.

watching his performances this term has seen a huge fall off in his standards, he is erratic to say the least, poor cross handling, sudden mystery injuries, rushing out and taking someone down in the area.

his shot stopping is still there and it's his strongpoint, but dawson has it too, it might be the opportunity he needs to actually be picked on 'merit' not on some 'daft idea' of a pisspoor manager.

meanwhile time will tell with kw.

giphy.gif

12 hours ago, victorturner said:

Westwood may think he is the fall guy for poor defending for weeks. That defending is under challenge when the midfield cannot hold the ball and the strikers can only score once if you are lucky

nearly all westwoods bloopers this season are 1 and 1 man onlys fault himself . im a westwood fan but at the minute he is becoming a liability . though im far from confident with dawson either ,he also needs to improve or he may end end at league 1 level at best. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
12 hours ago, james o connor said:

I’m delighted Dawson will be playing as I think he’s the better keeper. I think he needs an extended run to see if he’s up to the task of being our regular number one . Sorry if you don’t agree but For me this is a positive move 

Oh look, it’s Dawson’s brother Jimmy!! Absolutely ridiculous comment. Westwood hasn’t been great recently but no way is Cameron ‘a better keeper ‘!

He's been very inconsistent. 

It's tough because one minute he's making world class superhuman saves and the next minute he's letting in goals you'd only expect to see on a Sunday league pitch. 

Ultimately I think dropping him is the right decision. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Brando17 said:

but what if Dawson drops a ball,then what ?

Then our “fans” will boo him off the pitch and insist KW should get a 10 year contract and start every game no matter how many mistakes he makes. This is after they have spent most of the pre match chanting “there’s only 1 Kieran Westwood” of course.

14 hours ago, james o connor said:

No way is Dawson up to an extended run in the team.

When he plays it is there for all to see that the defence do not trust him./

This doesn't mean to say that Westwood is undroppable.

All it means is that we have not got adequate cover.

2 hours ago, handworth52 said:

nearly all westwoods bloopers this season are 1 and 1 man onlys fault himself . im a westwood fan but at the minute he is becoming a liability . though im far from confident with dawson either ,he also needs to improve or he may end end at league 1 level at best. 

He does seem to have become more rash and that started in the first match of the season. Is that because he does not gel with the new players? 

But I honestly think our defence is not great and KW besides that blunder dropping the ball- his worst one- has been keeping struggling players afloat. We are not keeping attackers away from our goal which we used to be good at. 

Monk thinks Iorfa is a centre back but I think he is a right back; Palmer is best at left back where he has not been playing and has been poor at right back; Borner is great on blocking and covering but seems a bit flat footed to me; Lees is not commanding and needs a Loovens;  Odubajo is a right back, although the errors which led to him being left out were I think at centre back; and Fox is a trier and game, no more.

22 hours ago, fpowl said:

At least as a fan base we can add go help us if we was asked to add 2+2 together and end up getting 9 

club - westwood has a slight knock so Dawson will start ( I can believe that it’s plausible ) 

our fan base - westwood been dropped to form, westwood faking injury due to form, westwood is refusing to play due to our fan base being muppets 

Jesus wept guys 

westwood is a ageing keeper that has a track record of picking up knocks there’s no need to look at trying to find fault in everything or start up a conspiracy let’s do what we always do and either blame fox, Palmer, attey or forestieris attitude on this one  

Dawson would have started regardless of the slight knock. He's been dropped and rightly so his form has not been great. This is not a dig he will be back. He is class but Dawson now has a chance.

2 hours ago, j17tjp said:

Is there any news on Wildsmith ?

i know he got injured months ago but not heard anything since about his return or recovery. 

he has been back training ,he stepping it up next week so can be considered for u23s very soon . not sure how long his contract has got to run though. he needs to get back to his once promise otherwise he may find he aint got a career in football well not in top 2-3 divisions . our keeper situation is worrying when it used to be complete opposite .