The Offside Rule

35 minutes ago, malek said:

Just asked main controlor for all referees in Croatia, and he said that goal is fine. Said that it would be offside if ball went over player's head as to obstruct keepers view. I don't agree, but this guy is expert so I guess he knows what he is talking about.

It did go over flints head he ducked at the last second

36 minutes ago, malek said:

Just asked main controlor for all referees in Croatia, and he said that goal is fine. Said that it would be offside if ball went over player's head as to obstruct keepers view. I don't agree, but this guy is expert so I guess he knows what he is talking about.

If this is the case, its interesting that the laws are becoming such a micro-level and subjective issue and opinion about that was once a fairly simply matter - offside or not.

This means the only way to adjudicate on these matters is to roll out VAR so there's several camera angles and a panel who have the luxury of minutes, after the event to determine the outcome.

Footballs' in danger of dispersing up its own jacksie.

1 minute ago, Animis said:

If this is the case, its interesting that the laws are becoming such a micro-level and subjective issue and opinion about that was once a fairly simply matter - offside or not.

This means the only way to adjudicate on these matters is to roll out VAR so there's several camera angles and a panel who have the luxury of minutes, after the event to determine the outcome.

Footballs' in danger of dispersing up its own jacksie.

Superbly said.

1 hour ago, malek said:

Can you ask the ref if that means it is okay for me to spend the whole match stood just in front of the keeper waving my arms about? I'm tired of tracking back for my Sunday team but want to contribute something. As long as my teammates aim for the corners and not over my head it should be fine.

3 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

Can you ask the ref if that means it is okay for me to spend the whole match stood just in front of the keeper waving my arms about? I'm tired of tracking back for my Sunday team but want to contribute something. As long as my teammates aim for the corners and not over my head it should be fine.

He said Flint stood at enough distance from both wall and a keeper to distract them with what he was doing. As I said I personaly don't agree.

12 hours ago, geriatricowl said:

Sets a dangerous precedent. 

It sure does.

Next time Wednesday get a free kick in the same area, we should have three or four players jumping up and down right in front of the opposition keeper.

But of course, THAT would be offside!

39 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

not bothered about starting a new thread but I really think Cam Dawson will end up with a big move away to the prem in the next 2/3 years if we haven't got there already, he has some world class shot stopping abilities and his all round game is improving season on season

I'm fairly confident that he won't be here next season :sad:

4 minutes ago, malek said:

I'm fairly confident that he won't be here next season :sad:

Instigated by him or the club?.......irrespective of ability how long do you think we can persevere with the most injury prone keeper we’ve ever had and probably the most injury prone keeper in any of the top 4 leagues ever?

there comes a point where you have to draw a line and promote youth to stop them promoting themselves elsewhere

On 18/10/2019 at 16:50, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

It was so blatant that I can't help but wonder if it is a legit tactic and we are all just in the wrong.

I mean, I think it should be given offside but it seemed like such a blatant and deliberate tactic that I suspect it might be allowable somehow.

I've seen the image before the kick but I've not seen the play.

Did he score the goal? 

I've gotta find the highlights...