Bullys Press Bullets - Preston

Additional bullet!

image.png.606667bbaf7854bae335d061fd8fda89.pngMorgan Fox & Liam Palmer  -  Morgans stood up to it, shown a heck of a lot of character, especially in the second half of the game and did really well. We got a clean sheet and he was part of that. Morgans done great.  I think Liam has probably , is probably our first choice left back at the moment -even though he's right footed- because he's done so well. Morgan had a chance, did really well, especially second half so he's making it a difficult decision if Liam comes through unscathed in the training session today.

• Like 1

From that, I took that Bullen doesn't actually believe he will be permanent manager.   He clearly said this is his club now, which for a journeyman with 15 clubs under his belt, and at least 3 continents - is probably something he takes a bit of pride in.   Feeling like you belong somewhere with that kind of "wherever I lay my hat" stance previously must mean a lot to him.

Edited by Salmonbones
  • Like 1

we need to give our attacking players the freedom to go and ask them (Preston) questions.

You mean like a pub quizz?

Fletch walking into the area with their centre back, "

"Which north east club won their first FA Cup Final in 1937, beating Preston North End?"

Just as the corner kick is taken

" Which English club won two Inter-Cities Fairs Cups in 1968 and 1971?"

It would be great fun.

(Sorry, just the way my mind works sometimes)

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, prowl said:

we need to give our attacking players the freedom to go and ask them (Preston) questions.

Just as the corner kick is taken

" Which English club won two Inter-Cities Fairs Cups in 1968 and 1971?"

My old manager encouraged us to stick our fingers up their players arris just as the ball was about to be delivered from a set piece.

"Hard to jump with a finger up the ricker!" He encouraged.

In hindsight I might have preferred you'd been giving the team talk.

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

My old manager encouraged us to stick our fingers up their players arris just as the ball was about to be delivered from a set piece.

"Hard to jump with a finger up the ricker!" He encouraged.

In hindsight I might have preferred you'd been giving the team talk.

You had trials at Chelsea?

• Haha 3