Sky Sports News today ...

Just now, SiJ said:

Try having your CEO at the time standing on the steps of the High Court (as your club dodged financial oblivion) and then get back to me about how terrible things were. 

Hence my point re Owls fans ought to know re the dangers of bad ownership.

Leeds were also close to it on more than one occasion...and when we wernt, Bates was destroying the club...while insulting fans and laughing at us(quite literally).

We are only just clearing our decks now of the mess from Bates, GFH and Cellino.

8 minutes ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

Living round here its painfully obvious how bitter you are, desperate to be considered a 'massive' club, yet nobody much outside your local rivals is bothered.  You know its true, but desperate for it to be different.  Another club like so many that people just arnt bothered about...while just up the road a club is noticed around the world.

You like every other club will get all excited when Leeds come to Hillsborough and be desperate to ousting Leeds on a big day for you.

I dont mind Wednesday tbh, lots of mates who are Wednesday fans but this bitterness about Leeds is very daft.

Massive chip on your shoulders.

Sorry, but I just don't get it

We get similar attendances considering you're a one-club city and we share with the pork 

You've been outside the top flight about 15 years so almost as long as ourselves 

You've got a manger that has a big reputation but has never won anything

Your best defender left you for Brentford and your best striker went to Belgium so what does that say?

Your fans have this obsession with Man Utd which is embarrassing considering they are one of the biggest clubs in the world and have won the Champions League multiple times. What have you ever won? Their fans laugh at you as you are insignificant to them. Their rivals are Liverpool & City big clubs with history

Strange how you come out the woodwork hours after going top...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

Let them bleat about how good they are. 

Let the media especially the Yorkshire ones go on about their favourite Yorkshire club. 

Let's just quietly and efficiently go about our mission like silent assassins un noticed and without a fuss. 

What would be my dream finish to the season, Leeds in second, us sitting two points behind last game of the season, we win, they lose and we pip them for promotion. 

Now that would be one incredibly sweet feeling 

Even better scenario, they're top, we're second, anyone else third. They're two points clear with a big goal difference so only need to draw to win the league.

They lose, we win, whoever in third win, they drop into third then lose the play off final.

4 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

Sorry, but I just don't get it

We get similar attendances considering you're a one-club city and we share with the pork 

You've been outside the top flight about 15 years so almost as long as ourselves 

You've got a manger that has a big reputation but has never won anything

Your best defender left you for Brentford and your best striker went to Belgium so what does that say?

Your fans have this obsession with Man Utd which is embarrassing considering they are one of the biggest clubs in the world and have won the Champions League multiple times. What have you ever won? Their fans laugh at you as you are insignificant to them. Their rivals are Liverpool & City big clubs with history

Strange how you come out the woodwork hours after going top...

You didnt obviously hear Gary Neville talking about the Leeds rivalry when we played Salford other week then?

Its horrible for you I know that Manchester United see Leeds as a fierce rival and want us back up there and that alongside Liverpool, Leeds are Manchester United main rival in football  His words not mine.  Its better just to pretend they dont care about Leeds obviously for you lot.

and yet here we are, a post about why there is so much attention from Sky about Leeds.....and then claims nobody cares about Leeds.

Ironic.

• Haha 2

Just now, HIGHERSTATE said:

Leeds are hated because a large section of their fans are just gobshte morons stuck in the 1980s.  Literally no other reason.  And the rest of them wallow in it.

They seem to try and justify this to themselves by calling anyone else jealous.

They pride themselves on being hated. Hence the "if you hate Leeds United have a go".

Ooh... you're hard.

Just now, Leeds U from sheff said:

You didnt obviously hear Gary Neville talking about the Leeds rivalry when we played Salford other week then?

Its horrible for you I know that Manchester United see Leeds as a fierce rival and want us back up there and that alongside Liverpool, Leeds are Manchester United main rival in football  His words not mine.  Its better just to pretend they dont care about Leeds obviously for you lot.

and yet here we are, a post about why there is so much attention from Sky about Leeds.....and then claims nobody cares about Leeds.

Ironic.

I find it hard to belive that any Man Utd/Liverpool fan actually care about Leeds. I'm sure while they are playing Barca, Real Madrid and PSG in the Champions League all they are thinking about is how Leeds are getting on away at Preston. Face it you are insignificant. You said that they are a fierce rival yet according to you they want to see Leeds back up there. If they really hated you and considered you a "fierce rival" surely they wouldn't want you to get promoted. It would be like us wanting Chesterfield to get promoted a nice little club from up the road that bare absolutly no significance to us

5 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

I find it hard to belive that any Man Utd/Liverpool fan actually care about Leeds. I'm sure while they are playing Barca, Real Madrid and PSG in the Champions League all they are thinking about is how Leeds are getting on away at Preston. Face it you are insignificant. You said that they are a fierce rival yet according to you they want to see Leeds back up there. If they really hated you and considered you a "fierce rival" surely they wouldn't want you to get promoted. It would be like us wanting Chesterfield to get promoted a nice little club from up the road that bare absolutly no significance to us

As a SWFC fan I can understand why you find it hard Prem clubs might care.

Go listen to the interviews with the Man U lot from the salford game a week ago.  Im sure you can find them online.

I know you wont, you cant be bothered etc....and the small point that you would have it proven to you thats its not quite how you want to imagine it.

Go back to the 'friendly' we played in Perth this pre season, go find their Man U tv build up on video on youtube to the game labelled by them (man u) as 'the old enemy'.

Go on, Do a search for it and listen/watch it.  You wont will you, much easier to carry on pretending.

For a bit of balance,  i work in leeds and few of my mates are ST holders but have a balanced view of where they are currently. Enjoying the moment but not wanting to get carried away given recent history.

Of course all fans defend their own club and their is obviously some rivalry between Wednesday and Leeds but i guess we both have other teams we'd rather smash.

I think the biggest gripe most wednesday fans have is the (slightly?) biased level of reporting of our 2 clubs given their similar recent histories.

One thing we can both agree on is the Premier League would be a better place with both our clubs there instead of Pigs, Bournemouth, Burnley, Palace, Soton, Norwich.

• Like 1

Imagine being so desperate to show you're a big club by claiming you one are of Man Us main rivals.

So, the only reason Leeds are a big club, is because an alleged rivalry with Man U.

Cringe. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Haha 1

Talksport gave us some decent airtime yesterday afternoon. We’re talking about the squad and whether Bullen should get the job etc. 

Then Jim White made a comment I found quite interesting. He said he rang DC in the past few days to interview him about the job situation and what our plans were however he said all DC was bothered about was how he’d got his number and didn’t want to talk football at all. 

Jim White then basically said he wasn’t going to give airtime to someone who was like that. 

5 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

Talksport gave us some decent airtime yesterday afternoon. We’re talking about the squad and whether Bullen should get the job etc. 

Then Jim White made a comment I found quite interesting. He said he rang DC in the past few days to interview him about the job situation and what our plans were however he said all DC was bothered about was how he’d got his number and didn’t want to talk football at all. 

Jim White then basically said he wasn’t going to give airtime to someone who was like that. 

DC DC Knock him out!!!

DC Knock him out!!!

• Haha 1

We beat an organised footballing team 1-0, Bullen out threads, words like grinding it out in reports. Leeds win 1-0 and suddenly Bielsa is a legend and they will waltz to the title. Bielsa gone elsewhere by xmas and Leeds not in top 6. Mark my words. Bielsa burnout is coming.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

Tbf, Jim White is a proper helmet.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

So Jim, you aren't going to give airtime to someone who doesn't respond to your every need when you call them out of the blue with no warning. Right Jim, Ok. Moving on.