Player ratings

Dawson 6 - made a good save just before HT,other than that very quiet game

for him,kicking could improve 

Odubajo 6 - fairly steady and straightforward game for him,linked well when going forward 

Lees/Borner 7 - both solid I thought,read any danger pretty well and cleared there lines 

Palmer 7 - another solid performance from him,him and Harris look like they’ve got a good understand of each other

Hutchinson 7 - thought he showed a bit more on the ball today rather than his usual hustle and bustle

Reach 8 - slotted in well in the middle,some good link up play with Fletcher,perhaps should’ve done better with first half chance

Lee 8 - Back to his brilliant best I thought 

Harris 9 - a player we’ve missed for years,pace to burn with odd trick thrown in too

Murphy 8 - took his goal well,and did well for Fletchers goal in the build up,some poor set pieces but on the whole very good 

Fletcher 8 - brought players into the game with his clever hold and link up play,took his goal well

Dawson- poor kicking, and slow re-starts. Good point blank save in a vital moment. 6.5

lees- solid 8

borner- solid 8

ajadbodhrhfjv (MO) left us so exposed first half but a very good second half. 7

palmer- didn't do no wrong. 8

lee- what a player, we play well when he plays. 9

hutch- tackles, runs and plays with everything. 8

reach- must have covered the most ground today. Never stoped. 8

harris- what we've missed in ages. And actually has talent to back up the pace. 9

murphy- looked good with the ball, confident and a tidy goal.  8

FLETCH- MOTM, worked his nuts off, won fouls, won headers, linked up, and scored. 9

WAWAW

Hard to judge that performance, I thought Barnsley were a decent side, played some good stuff in a typical German pressing side. Made it really difficult for us in the first half and should have scored in the first half. That short passing out from the goalie is suicide at this level though, players lack the quality for that stuff like us under Jos. 

Agree with most but I will just add:

Reach - 5 - an 8 from some... anonymous for most of the game and he's not getting extra points for being able to run for a long time :o Slightly better when he moved out to the wing but he's been poor the first two games. I am still not sure where he fits into this team now we have better options in the positions he plays, wingers or centre midfielders.

Odubajo - 5 - Never been a right back but got better as we took more control of the match. 

We missed Bannans control in the middle but Luongo looked good when he came on. Great h'energy and some silky skills. 

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, mansfield_owl said:

Dawson 6 - made a good save just before HT,other than that very quiet game

for him,kicking could improve 

Odubajo 6 - fairly steady and straightforward game for him,linked well when going forward 

Lees/Borner 7 - both solid I thought,read any danger pretty well and cleared there lines 

Palmer 7 - another solid performance from him,him and Harris look like they’ve got a good understand of each other

Hutchinson 7 - thought he showed a bit more on the ball today rather than his usual hustle and bustle

Reach 8 - slotted in well in the middle,some good link up play with Fletcher,perhaps should’ve done better with first half chance

Lee 8 - Back to his brilliant best I thought 

Harris 9 - a player we’ve missed for years,pace to burn with odd trick thrown in too

Murphy 8 - took his goal well,and did well for Fletchers goal in the build up,some poor set pieces but on the whole very good 

Fletcher 8 - brought players into the game with his clever hold and link up play,took his goal well

Agree with most of the scores. Would upgrade Odubaju to a 7 and swap Hutch and Reach scores around. Thought Hutch played really well, Reach only picked up in second half.

Dawson 8.5 top quality save, great handling, poor kicking (though massive wind)

Moses 8 much better second half than first. Impressed today.

Palmer 8.5 thought he was superb defensively. He’s come on so much.

Lees and Borner 8.5 played excellent together. Liking Borner’s timing. A bit like Hec coming forward to intercept. Slight question about pace, but he reads the game.

Murphy 8.5 did really well to be there for the goal. Amazing drive through their midfield for our second goal. Works hard. Great acquisition.

MOM Raheem Sterling (sorry, Harris) 9.5 what a day. The Barnsley full back is now under psychiatric help for the nervous twitch he developed today. Harris had him on toast. Once past there’s no catching him. Just like his inferior rival Sterling, he needs to work on his finishing, but by my count he’s created 10 chances in two games. Fabulous player.

Reach 8 worked his nuts off in Bannan’s role. Mr Versatile didn’t let us down.

Lee 9 magnificent. What a player. Can see him getting on the end of Harris and Murphy low crosses very soon. 

Hutchinson 8 excellent for the second week running. Loved his twinkle toes pivot near the end. 

Fletcher 9 outstanding lone-striker display. He is a nightmare for defenders and keeper. Fully deserved his goal and his standing ovation. 

Subs did well. Thought Luongo looked amazing. Power, energy and bags of nouse.

• Thanks 1

Dawson 6. A brilliant reaction save, but his kicking was so bad, although the wind didn't help I'm sure. As a former keeper I still want him to command his back line like Westwood does. 

Moses 7. Makes a fair few "interesting" decisions but has pace to burn and was comfortable on the ball and never stopped. Some good forward adventures. 

Lees 7. Solid as you like and not as many aimless balls today.

Borner 7.5. Lacked a little pace, but despite his relative size won plenty of headers, attacked the ball and was very competent with his passing and dribbling. 

Palmer 7. Did well in what must still be an awkward position for him. Got forward when he could too. I'd like to think his better performances of last season will now be the norm. 

Lee 8. I cannot put into words how we've missed him while he's been injured. Knits everything together seemlessly. He's attacking, he's defending, nibbling like a terrier. His touch is definitely golden. Was glad to see him subbed as we can't rush him back. 

Hutch 8. Didn't put a foot wrong. Tackled, harassed, passed. So hoped he was gonna score at the end. 

Reach 7. A couple of nice touches, but missed his 1on1 and somehow he just seems outta place in both centre mid and wide of a front 3. To me he is now a squad player. 

Murphy 9. Did pretty much everything right today. Awesome skills, great finish, along with Harris changed the dynamic of our attacking play today. Needs to work on his free kicks mind. 

Fletch 8.5. Another all round great display. Typical of what we've seen last season and works tirelessly. Glad he got a goal. Only thing I'm worried about is his implants not working with all these flick ons...... 

Harris 9. MoM. He was simply awesome. Terrified Barnsley. Quick feet, pace, close control, crosses. Amazing. Shame he missed his 1 on 1. Great performance. 

Luongo made the best impact of the subs. Was great to see. Finally a decent bit of competition for the current middle 3.

I'd still bring back Westwood and bannan for dawson and reach. But Lee should only play one of Millwall or Luton games. 

We played well today, could've had 5 or 6 today. What pleased me most is how many players want the ball. We have options, it feels like we won't need to rely on bannan (and I hope he realises that too as it'll benefit us all). 

Despite all our problems this summer, we've come out firing and fighting and I feel positive and confident with any possible matchday squad. Let's see where we are after 10 games, but playing positively I think we'll create chances so will have a chance of winning every game (of course we won't) and I'd hope the playoffs is back on the agenda. Yes tougher fixtures to come, but you can only beat what's in front of you on the day and so far so good. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Dawson 6 one good save. Dodgy kicking

Odubajo 7 much better

Lees 7 solid

Borner 8 was superb 

Palmer 8 excellent 

Hutchinson 7

Lee 8 wow. We’ve missed him so much

Reach 6 not got going yet 

Harris 8 I love him, frightens defenders to death

Murphy 7 great start. Wrong decision at times but a talented player 

Fletcher 7 worked hard. Good goal

Pelupessy 6 tried but he really isn’t good enough 

Rhodes 6 won free kicks and did ok. Should have scored 

Luongo 8 I’m excited by this boy. Loads of energy. An excellent cameo

After being a bit roped in the latter half of the first I was a bit worried but we were excellent in the second half. Long may this continue!!

2 hours ago, GerOwl said:

Hard to judge that performance, I thought Barnsley were a decent side, played some good stuff in a typical German pressing side. Made it really difficult for us in the first half and should have scored in the first half. That short passing out from the goalie is suicide at this level though, players lack the quality for that stuff like us under Jos. 

Agree with most but I will just add:

Reach - 5 - an 8 from some... anonymous for most of the game and he's not getting extra points for being able to run for a long time :o Slightly better when he moved out to the wing but he's been poor the first two games. I am still not sure where he fits into this team now we have better options in the positions he plays, wingers or centre midfielders.

Odubajo - 5 - Never been a right back but got better as we took more control of the match. 

We missed Bannans control in the middle but Luongo looked good when he came on. Great h'energy and some silky skills. 

Think this is fair. I do worry out that full back position... against decent wingers could be very tricky.

Dawson - 7

Moses - 6

Lees - 7

Borner - 8

Palmer - 8

Klee - 7

Hutch - 8

Reach - 6

Harris - 8

Murphy - 8

Fletcher - 8

SUBS

All 6

Thought Palmer and Hutch were superb defensively .. Murphy and Harris just give us something we've not had since the days of JJ and Antonio running up and down the wing .. christ. So looking forward to them against some of the bigger teams and having a go. Should be delightful. Be interesting to see how Rhodes gets on with them 2 as well. There were a couple of balls across the box where Fletcher had gone out wide of as an attacking midfielder but i reckon Rhodes would have been in the right spot to nick them balls across the box in!

Such a great game to watch. Plenty of exciting moments. Haven't had them for ages. Harris and Murphy get you off your seat!

Reach was poor 

Running around a lot doesn't make are good performance

The one on one was pathetic 

I'm just glad we have players capable of taking the match day start off him ,fed up of his no show 90% of the time