The Graph Thread 2019/20

8 hours ago, Morepork said:

@Holmowl Are you able to extrapolate even the tiniest shred of reassurance for us from the tea leaves, i mean stats??? lol

Haha not a shred.

The only bone I can throw you is that Fletcher is nearly back, and our form all season with him playing would put us a comfortable 3rd place.

Edited by Holmowl
  • Thanks 1

FiveThirtyEight have great stuff on season and match predictions etc. They currently predict us to finish on 60 points. I can't see where those points will come from at the moment but that would give us a cushion of 13 points (average survival points is approx 47). So the points deduction really will push us close depending on when we receive it and how many.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/championship/

Edited by CF_Owl

image.thumb.png.b694bdcb6b03351783b0c17df68b6694.png

Phew!!! I thought we would never score. We end the day exactly where we were this time last year points wise and one position better, we were 13th at the same point last year.

We need a win against Derby on Saturday to get ahead and get a points buffer in case the dreaded points deduction actually happens.

image.thumb.png.e8632235c504c30956bdd77fa09d46ea.png

We are a point behind where we were this time last season but amazingly are two positions higher. I find it difficult to muster the enthusiasm to get to Hillsborough but I've been an Owl since birth so I suppose I will have to. It is a challenge though.