Megastore pftttt

4 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

The club have always been shocking at this stuff, always have and always probably will be, marketing has got better and there have been small improvements but we all expect this stuff now don’t we? 

I guess so. For balance, OITP and VIP breakfast was a huge success imo by the club and unmatched by any other really. Not a club basher but a megastore basher certainly. Must try harder megastore.

3 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

But it isn’t a false equivalence though,  it’s part of the kit, you wouldn’t go and buy a car from a garage and walk out without wheels. I could go on,.....

it doesn’t matter if it’s just socks, the fact is it is a business selling a product, a product that is Entirely  there for the money stated. 

argued against false equivalency with more false equivalency, the point is a pair of baby socks that you can collect days later is not as integral to the package as a set of wheels on a car or a jacket to a suit. If it was the shirt missing and the shorts and socks were only available then you might be in with a squeak of a point but then I doubt it would go on sale if that was the case. We want the shirts.

16 hours ago, TommyCraig said:

Well done on the two new kits but...

Went in today with grandson. Got a 5-6 year old home kit, couldn't find any with socks so go to counter.

'Can I have this please, have you got the socks to go with it'

'They've not arrived yet, save your receipt and you can have them for free'

'Well not free seeing as I'm paying £50 for the kit, when will they be here?'

'No idea, it's all up in the air at the moment'

'Ok can I get his name and age printed on the back?

'Nubers haven't arrived yet so no'

'When are they arriving?'

'No idea, make sure it's clean if you bring it down for numbers after'

'Ok I'll take it now'

'£50 please'

'Oh btw I ordered brand new memberships for me and the nipper when they came out and not heard nowt yet'

'Yeah we'll be sending them out in the next 3 weeks or so'

'The season starts in twelve days'

'They should be with you for first home game'

Very poor.

Hate bashing the club but the experience couldn't have been much worse.

But have they got any beach towels in ? 

• Like 1

Fans: "Where's our kit? Bet it'll look horrific."

Club: "Here it is. Blue-and-white stripes, front and back, central blue stripe, just like you asked."

Fans: "Where's the sponsor? Absolute tinpot (whilst also laughing at Huddersfield's spoof sponsor)."

Club: "There will be one, but we've made it available without first to give you the choice."

Fans: "Bet it won't be available until Christmas. We demand to wear it on the beach in Magaluf."

Club: "It'll be available almost straight away, both in-store and online, before the summer holidays begin."

Fans: "Bet it'll cost £100+. We're paying for the chairman's mistakes again."

Club: "It's £59 for adult shirts, the same price as last season."

Fans: "I bet it won't fit. I'm a hard-drinking matchday pie-scoffer."

Club: "We have sizes from young kiddies up to adult 6XL."

Fans: "If I order online it'll take weeks to arrive. I've paid £6 shipping so it should be couriered by a chauffeur in a gold-plated stretched limo"

Club: "That's the cost of Royal Mail First Class. It should arrive within two or three days."

Fans: "I want a child's full kit. Where are the socks? Where are the numbers?"

Club: "Ah, unfortunately there's a delay on that at the moment..."

Fans: "FOUR-PAGE OWLSTALK MELTDOWN!!!"

11 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

Man walks into shop in Meadowhall sees a suit for sale, takes it to counter, they say £200 please he says , yeah but where’s the jacket, ahhh well sir, that isn’t in stock yet, leave us your details and we will give it you for free when it comes in.  

Well i Kind of want the suit like..... well we did make it clear on the WEBSITE that this suit is awaiting a delivery of the jacket ......... yeah well I’m in your shop duck not on the website.....

i tell you what, I have some magic beans for sale guys, I’m sure quite a few will buy them on here, you will accept any old poo for service.... deal is though you pay £50 and I will give you the magic beans soon, you just get the empty bag for now. And you will be flipping  happy about it too. 

Yer southern fairy!

But yeah I get the gist of what you’re saying.

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

Again, it’s hardly a meltdown, I would expect however, be it our club shop or any other shop at all in the country, that If they are selling a product (in this case a full kit ) that the product be there and ready in its entirety. 

Its not  rocket science, it’s consumer selling, sell things at a correct price with the correct product. It’s the very very basics of you can expect. 

Some shops don't always manage to get everything perfect. This isn't an Owls Megastore-ony problem. In real life, not everything is done to the highest level of perfection all of the time.

Also, from what I understood from the OP the staff told him that the socks and numbers weren't available yet, and yet he chose to go ahead with the purchase. If the purchase was already made, and then he was told the socks and numbers weren't available I could understand the OP being annoyed and feeling that a thread on OT was needed.

What would people think if the club announced that, because the children's socks and number printing service wasn't going to be available straight away, they were going to hold back and not sell any of the new kits at all until those issues had been resolved?

Would people be happy to wait for their adult shirts, for example, despite knowing that they're all delivered and ready to be sold, just because of the sock/printing delay?

Presumably the club would weigh up the pros and cons - as anyone in retail would - of whether or not to release the rest of the kits, and presumably the pros of releasing straight away outweigh the cons.

• Like 1

Just now, 2roland2 said:

Or do what I suggested above, and offer a discount because the product isnt there in full, it really isn’t hard.

every other shop (well ones with any business sense would offer a small discount for good will ) 

Is it normal for retailers to offer discounts for things that aren't available yet? If something is damaged, or if the missing item is never going to be available, then I'd agree. Just discounting because of a delay - and after they've told the customer that there will be a delay and given them the choice of whether to go ahead with the purchase or not - doesn't sound like good business sense to me, simply because it ensures a relative loss of revenue. Some very large or high-profit businesses would probably be able to make that call, but a merchandise shop of a sports club that has extreme income problems might not.

1 hour ago, 2roland2 said:

Stop talking rubbish, it’s part of the kit, as a jacket is part of a suit, as a tyre or tyres are part of a car. 

I will I’ll ask again, would you be happy to pay full price for any other items that were sold as a package from any other establishment anywhere if what you were purchasing wasn’t there in full? 

No, you wouldn’t.......

You can’t ask a question and then answer it for me. 

To to be honest it isn’t a massive deal really. You’re likely to go to the megastore time and time again as supposed to a one time purchase of a car or suit. 

Stop talking mince....

6 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Right. Let me try and explain. 

The kit childrens, is sold as a shirt, shorts and socks.   So if you are selling the kit, yes you should be fleeting a discount as it isn’t the product you are selling ( if you took it up as a consumer complaint you would 100% win). But you shouldn’t have too because common sense would prevail.

you either offer a small discount or the option of get the rest later, or you sell the shirt and shorts separate. 

Any retailer would use common sense, this is a part of the clubs business that really doesn’t use any, the club shop is terrible for things like this. 

Right, let me try and explain.

Although the kit is sold as shirt, shorts and socks, the club (or store) has given the fans the option of purchasing it and taking away part of the kit immediately - if they wish to - as that part has become available earlier than some of the other parts. They could've just not made it available at all but probably felt that fans would be prepared to compromise given that they can still have shirt immediately. A discount isn't needed to be offered as long as they do supply the missing parts within a reasonable time.

If it was taken up as a consumer complaint you wouldn't win, as the customer has already been told that the entire kit is not currently available and was given the choice of going ahead with the purchase or not based on that information.

If the retailer is profitable enough to easily absorb the cost of offering a discount, then they may go ahead and offer it. A lot of retailers don't.

21 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Right. Let me try and explain. 

The kit childrens, is sold as a shirt, shorts and socks.   So if you are selling the kit, yes you should be fleeting a discount as it isn’t the product you are selling ( if you took it up as a consumer complaint you would 100% win). But you shouldn’t have too because common sense would prevail.

you either offer a small discount or the option of get the rest later, or you sell the shirt and shorts separate. 

Any retailer would use common sense, this is a part of the clubs business that really doesn’t use any, the club shop is terrible for things like this. 

I went in to the Megastore to pick up the new home kit I’d ordered for my 2 year old.

At the point of handing me the kit, the assistant said the socks weren’t available but were due imminently.  At that point I had the option to say no I don’t want to wait, I don’t want the shirt and shorts without the socks and I want a full refund. The other option being I could wait a few days for the socks to arrive, knowing that with it being in the 80s at present, my son could quite happily cope without them. At the end of the day it’s a pair of socks delayed for a week or so. I chose the latter option.

In the 60s/70s/80s people wouldn’t have batted an eyelid, but in today’s over opinionated ‘I know my rights’ society, it becomes a major issue for some.

Each to their own but I don’t understand the fuss over a pair of socks being a few days late?

On being told the bad news about the socks, at the moment of the ‘faux outrage’ at the till, maybe people should go and have a walk around Weston Park Hospital for an hour or so and then revisit the question on the importance of waiting for some football socks.

Edited by Tudders

15 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Exactly the marketing for once is spot on, I actually work in marketing and I think it’s probably the best we have ever done. 

But these are the simple things we are messing up, the customer experience, getting people to return and keep spending.

whoever is running this side of the business wants booting, im not talking about the socks situation that’s a small thing but the experience for people buying from our club shop is horrific and has been for years. 

A couple of years ago it was an absolute disaster. Even just the designs of the kits weren't announced until a few days before the season began, and then they weren't available to buy for months.

Although it's not absolutely perfect, we're now in a situation where we've seen enormous improvement. We have kits - which appear to be pretty popular from what I can make out - available to satisfy virtually our entire fanbase, before the summer holidays begin, a couple of weeks before the season starts, and there's other new stock in the store. It's a huge improvement. Some of our fans are even happy*.

But you want the person(s) in charge of it booted out.

*okay, this might be an exaggeration

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

I understand your point and agree. The bit that annoys me is that it should have all been available. Did they forget about the socks?

Sockgate is a very minor issue and by no means something to get upset about but when added to the other little things it mounts up.

Why can’t we just get these things right first time. It’s not difficult.

Sometimes there are problems with manufacture and supply. It happens to most businesses sometimes. That's life, unfortunately. Everything should be available and I bet the club did everything it could to resolve the issue, but sometimes things are out of their hands.

I work for a creative agency whose main client is one of the biggest and best-known sportswear brands on the planet. They regularly have product miss its original release date. All it takes is one tiny issue somewhere along the chain and it can have a knock-on effect.

Presumably there was some minor hitch somewhere - perhaps some material became damaged or something - in the production line of our kits and it may have been decided that the socks in the kiddie kits would have to be the item that comes last. This is just an assumption of course, but given the enormous improvement we've seen from our retail department in the last year or so, I'd be prepared to give them some margin for error.

Edited by punkskaphil