Megastore pftttt

2 hours ago, Sham67 said:

Went down for tickets for the Espanyol game this morning.  Got them where I wanted in 3 minutes flat.  Couldn't be happier with the service.  Sorry for not finding anything negative.

Not good enough, should be in and out 30 seconds flat... that’s how it’s done, Mrs doesn’t always think so though!

2 hours ago, Lombado said:

What did the Romans ever do for us?

I was going to say concrete, as much of the lower chambers in the Coliseum are made from concrete - although not as we really know it now. However on making sure I wasn't talking testicles, I found this, so I thought I'd share:

The first concrete-like structures were built by the Nabataea traders or Bedouins who occupied and controlled a series of oases and developed a small empire in the regions of southern Syria and northern Jordan in around 6500 BC. They later discovered the advantages of hydraulic lime -- that is, cement that hardens underwater -- and by 700 BC, they were building kilns to supply mortar for the construction of rubble-wall houses, concrete floors, and underground waterproof cisterns. The cisterns were kept secret and were one of the reasons the Nabataea were able to thrive in the desert.

Education, bantz and rantz. Ya can't beat OT sometimes lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

This. All the posters in this thread who refuse to accept any form of criticism. Why is it so hard that we can never get the new kit launch spot on and maximise our revenue stream? Seems like every year it is in some way botched. Think the OP has every right to grumble, especially when we are being tightly squeezed by FFP. 

If you buy the infant kit you already pay for the socks, so no income lost. The socks come free with the shirt and shorts regardless if you buy an infant one.

Socks are available in other sizes, which dont come free with the shirt.

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

Not trying to be pedantic but I would say people walking away without part of what they are paying for is going to cause loss of future revenue. 

How many other places would you buy a product and happily walk away without what you have paid for??

tbf take off the fact we all support wedensday on here and any other place you are buying from you would be very unhappy. 

Why would it? They're still paying for it and not getting a discount.

The money is already there.

4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

If you buy the infant kit you already pay for the socks, so no income lost. The socks come free with the shirt and shorts regardless if you buy an infant one.

Socks are available in other sizes, which dont come free with the shirt.

Not exactly good customer service though is it? Expecting people to part with £50 for half the product. As for the numbers, seems the best time to have these ready is when people are literally in the store buying the kit. I wager most wont bother now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Man walks into shop in Meadowhall sees a suit for sale, takes it to counter, they say £200 please he says , yeah but where’s the jacket, ahhh well sir, that isn’t in stock yet, leave us your details and we will give it you for free when it comes in.  

Well i Kind of want the suit like..... well we did make it clear on the website that this suit is awaiting a delivery of the jacket .........

i tell you what, I have some magic beans for sale guys, I’m sure quite a few will buy them on here, you will accept any old poo for service.... deal is though you pay £50 and I will give you the magic beans soon, you just get the empty bag for now. And you will be flipping  happy about it too. 

You've missed the point I was making.

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

No your missing the point Tom, he went into the shop to buy the kit, how is it his fault he did t look at a website for the info???? The shop is a shop, I don’t walk into a shop on a high street and check out their website pre buying things, that’s just mental.  

The simple fact is if your selling a kit, or anything to consumers, and the price is x for that product, then the product should be there.  If not it should be discounted because the item isn’t there in its entirety. 

That's you. Many people will check something out online prior to going and buying It, that's the modern world. The club put the information out there, it's not their fault if people don't read it.

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Wow, so every purchase from a actual shop, you feel a consumer should check out a website just incase something is missing or odd about the purchase they are going to make???????

Tom, here’s a novel idea , it’s not as modern worldly as you young uns seem to like.

but how’s about the shop ( our club shop in this case) 

actually sell the product they are offering? And actually get the stock in the shop on time? 

Eyyyy if they can’t manage that, then fine, don’t sell it as a full kit.......

modern world doesn't mean companies should be able to fob you off with any old poo 

Sorry, forgot the internet hadn't reached Barnsley yet.

The point still stands that IF you want to buy the kit it may be a good idea to check the club's website for information on said kit.

3 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Next time I go to sainsburys to do my weekly shop,I'll make sure I check on the internet that every item I want is available 

There's nothing worse than doing an online shop only for the delivery driver to utter those fateful words, 'there were a couple of things out of stock, so you've got a few replacement items...'

:duntmatter:

5 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

Man walks into shop in Meadowhall sees a suit for sale, takes it to counter, they say £200 please he says , yeah but where’s the jacket, ahhh well sir, that isn’t in stock yet, leave us your details and we will give it you for free when it comes in.  

Well i Kind of want the suit like..... well we did make it clear on the WEBSITE that this suit is awaiting a delivery of the jacket ......... yeah well I’m in your shop duck not on the website.....

i tell you what, I have some magic beans for sale guys, I’m sure quite a few will buy them on here, you will accept any old poo for service.... deal is though you pay £50 and I will give you the magic beans soon, you just get the empty bag for now. And you will be flipping  happy about it too. 

False equivalency....we're talking baby socks not a suit jacket.

10 hours ago, Bobbob said:

What a lovely way to describe a member of your club's staff. I'm sure your family are very proud of you.

Hit close to home did it? As you brought my family into it - yes they are incredibly proud as we don't aspire to phone it in.

7 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

So it's the club's fault that YOU didn't keep your eye open for information?

How does that work?

Well no, it's not the club's fault that I didn't keep my eyes open. I'm not saying that.

Sourcing the socks and numbers in reasonable time and getting the memberships out, or even giving information about when they'll be released. That's the club's fault.