Megastore pftttt

Guest Jack the Hat

Went in last week for a couple of tickets for the Man Utd game. Was told we are in a different league and don’t play each other anymore. Stormed out empty handed. Still fuming.

I live a couple of hours away so couldn’t get to the store in person so I ordered online. Ordered the kit Thursday night and it was at my door by Sat morning, couldn’t fault the service from that point of view was really expecting it to take a good few days. Love the kit too and I took a gamble on a small shirt and it fits perfectly. Happy all round.

Disappointing as the sock and lettering situation is, the reality is that club is missing out on many commercial opportunities .... At a time when any additional revenue would be welcome to help contribute to our FFP issues.

Some may think it's a drop in the ocean, in which case why bother at all? 

45 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

I distinctly remember this, cos I wanted some new willywarmers for winter. The adult sizes are just too big. 

Bloody condoms are the same too; like bloody barrage balloons, FFS. And they make me look distinctly oriental when I put one over my head. :duntmatter:

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Disappointing as the sock and lettering situation is, the reality is that club is missing out on many commercial opportunities .... At a time when any additional revenue would be welcome to help contribute to our FFP issues.

Some may think it's a drop in the ocean, in which case why bother at all? 

This. All the posters in this thread who refuse to accept any form of criticism. Why is it so hard that we can never get the new kit launch spot on and maximise our revenue stream? Seems like every year it is in some way botched. Think the OP has every right to grumble, especially when we are being tightly squeezed by FFP. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TommyCraig said:

Well done on the two new kits but...

Went in today with grandson. Got a 5-6 year old home kit, couldn't find any with socks so go to counter.

'Can I have this please, have you got the socks to go with it'

'They've not arrived yet, save your receipt and you can have them for free'

'Well not free seeing as I'm paying £50 for the kit, when will they be here?'

'No idea, it's all up in the air at the moment'

'Ok can I get his name and age printed on the back?

'Nubers haven't arrived yet so no'

'When are they arriving?'

'No idea, make sure it's clean if you bring it down for numbers after'

'Ok I'll take it now'

'£50 please'

'Oh btw I ordered brand new memberships for me and the nipper when they came out and not heard nowt yet'

'Yeah we'll be sending them out in the next 3 weeks or so'

'The season starts in twelve days'

'They should be with you for first home game'

Very poor.

Hate bashing the club but the experience couldn't have been much worse.

What exactly do you want them to tell you if they don’t know? 

1 hour ago, TommyCraig said:

Well done on the two new kits but...

Went in today with grandson. Got a 5-6 year old home kit, couldn't find any with socks so go to counter.

'Can I have this please, have you got the socks to go with it'

'They've not arrived yet, save your receipt and you can have them for free'

'Well not free seeing as I'm paying £50 for the kit, when will they be here?'

'No idea, it's all up in the air at the moment'

'Ok can I get his name and age printed on the back?

'Nubers haven't arrived yet so no'

'When are they arriving?'

'No idea, make sure it's clean if you bring it down for numbers after'

'Ok I'll take it now'

'£50 please'

'Oh btw I ordered brand new memberships for me and the nipper when they came out and not heard nowt yet'

'Yeah we'll be sending them out in the next 3 weeks or so'

'The season starts in twelve days'

'They should be with you for first home game'

Very poor.

Hate bashing the club but the experience couldn't have been much worse.

Why are you getting your grandson a 5-6 year old home kit? Don't you love him? Get a new one..jesus..

• Haha 1

the whole merchandise is a farce ,if the shirts kits were out for owls in the park im sure with everyone getting there monthly pay the club must have missed out on tens of thousands minimum .whose at fault? well it cant be an employee at the club otherwise he would have got the boot 4 years ago . chansiri must be full on in charge of this , though he wernt happy with what he originally was sent so he maybe is making sure we get a decent product and not the mike Ashley sondico cr*p what we had previously . 

People suggesting that being better at getting the shirt etc in stock would help with FFP might like to consider the following numbers (using round numbers to keep it easy). 

If we average 25000 fans at home and every single one of them bought a shirt for £59 (1. We average slightly less, 2. They won’t all buy a shirt, 3. The ones that do buy won’t all be adult ones at £59)

If we the assume that the profit on each shirt is £50 (In reality it will likely be less)

25000 x £50 = £1,250,000 or about half the salary of one player on the fabled £40k / week. 

So whilst “Every little helps” as the saying goes the reality is it’s the square root of fizz all compared to our posted operating loss. 

Edited by kirksandallowl

34 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

People suggesting that being better at getting the shirt etc in stock would help with FFP might like to consider the following numbers (using round numbers to keep it easy). 

If we average 25000 fans at home and every single one of them bought a shirt for £59 (1. We average slightly less, 2. They won’t all buy a shirt, 3. The ones that do buy won’t all be adult ones at £59)

If we the assume that the profit on each shirt is £50 (In reality it will likely be less)

25000 x £50 = £1,250,000 or about half the salary of one player on the fabled £40k / week. 

So whilst “Every little helps” as the saying goes the reality is it’s the square root of fizz all compared to our posted operating loss. 

What is your point? 

It doesn’t matter that we are useless at the commercial side?

Don’t buy anything because the players are on too much? 

Lack of socks is some kind of joke to you??