Odds For The New Manager

2 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

We finally got what we needed ( an experienced championship manager IN CHARGE OF RECRUITMENT ) so lets not rip up that script just because fat face did the dirty and revert back to Jos/Doyen ferchristsake !!!!

We need a Steve Bruce type of manager but less of a flippingpiece of poo snake. To go back to giving it to an unknown foreign manager or Bullen would be a ridiculous move from DC

Edited by WalthamOwl

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

What if Hughton (one for the spelling police) wanted the job from the start, but knew what deal Bruce was on and wasn't happy when we offered him 60% less than what we were paying Bruce. 

Two people negotiating best deal isn't something new. 

Another possibility, yes. I could be wrong. I just don't think those negotiations would last 2 weeks with season start and deadline looming. Think they would have agreed on numbers by now. 

5 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

What if Hughton (one for the spelling police) wanted the job from the start, but knew what deal Bruce was on and wasn't happy when we offered him 60% less than what we were paying Bruce. 

Is this the case or just you guessing what might have happened? 

10 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Your info is usually spot on pal so no reason to doubt. How likely is it that Hughton takes it do you think? Nixon seems to think foreign or Bullen.

Edited by swfc1983

6 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Another possibility, yes. I could be wrong. I just don't think those negotiations would last 2 weeks with season start and deadline looming. Think they would have agreed on numbers by now. 

True, but maybe not if someone crucial to them negotiations is cruising about universal studios with young un 

I wouldn't be happy if most of the candidates for the job are Portuguese. The southern European football style is totally different to Championship football. It's slower and more technical where ours is faster and physical. I've nothing against foreign managers but if we go down that route Northern European football is a much closer match.

We need a manager who understands the English game and I think that is more likely with a German or Eastern European coach/manager

11 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Agree with this. Be good for DC to hurry back and get things sorted with a new manager. 

7 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

True, but it's to the detriment of the club. Lots of work still to do on recruitment in and out, which appears to be on hold pending a manager. 

I get that Hughton will see himself as a premier league manager and want good money, but if that's his sole motivation, is he the right choice? Is his heart going to be in it?

It concerns me if the other options now seemingly back to presumably Paxo's random foreigners. I do not think that you can import a foreign manager into this league at this time of the year, experience is crucial.

If that's the route we're going, may as well save a few quid and appoint Bullen (and I dont advocate Bulen at all, good coach, but not a manager)  or run a raffle and pick someone from the kop to be manager for the day. 

Fed up with this now,  we never start a season prepared, have glaring issues in the squad, not addressed again and no manager going into the season. 

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

True, but maybe not if someone crucial to them negotiations is cruising about universal studios with young un 

Ahhh, so staff in place to act on his behalf plus phones and video call facility I've been moaned at for, are only valid points if it suits a particular argument? I really should learn the rules.. 

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Ahhh, so staff in place to act on his behalf plus phones and video call facility I've been moaned at for, are only valid points if it suits a particular argument? I really should learn the rules.. 

Not defending it, agree with the points you make 

You would hope that all the things you mention are in place, I’m not too sure they are though 

How short is everyone`s memory ???.....................the template for what we need hasn`t changed, surely we are not going back down the Carlos / Jos / Doyen road

An experienced championship manager........

IN CHARGE OF RECRUITMENT

Writes season off for me if it goes to Bullen or he let’s Paxaio pick (Portuguese randomer) 

Feel quite strongly that Lee isn’t the man for the full time gig here 

6 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Nixon’s problem is that he’s incapable of saying ‘on this occasion I don’t actually know what is happening’.

Yeah agree with this no doubt he knows his stuff but there is a genuine lack of info about this from anywhere so think he’s just putting snippets from agents together and trying to make a story.