Odds For The New Manager

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

If we’re waiting to try and persuade Hughton I’m actually a bit uncomfortable with it

If he’s not interested move on 

I think this is what is happening ... DC was prepared to wait for his man when he got Bruce and may be doing the same with CH

Agree it's time to move now either way ... sign up or goodbye

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

If we’re waiting to try and persuade Hughton I’m actually a bit uncomfortable with it

If he’s not interested move on 

Yep agree. Hope he can be persuaded but if not we should move on. If it's not him, he seems like the top target and most suitable candidate, I don't think there's anything in the other names in the betting, that have been frequently mentioned in the press. I think if we don't bring Hughton in, we will more than likely go for a foreign manager? If we do, hopefully it's not the obscure route but instead a more ambitious foreign manager with pedigree or a younger high profile manager or a foreign coach already over here.

Hughton would be my first choice.

If he takes it, I have no doubt he will be fully committed. I am sure DC has given him a deadline to make his mind up and has a fall back option. If we have to wait a bit longer to get the right man then we should do it. 

7 minutes ago, Think tank said:

Hughton would be my first choice.

If he takes it, I have no doubt he will be fully committed. I am sure DC has given him a deadline to make his mind up and has a fall back option. If we have to wait a bit longer to get the right man then we should do it. 

Agree in part, but don't think the right man would see us start the season without a manager. 

Hughton's known of our interest for probably 2 weeks or more. I think we need to move on now, quickly while the transfer window is still open.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Jakes Grandad said:

My only problem with Hughton, if we start well, the first prem club to sack there manager could well be knocking on his door and we will be right where we are now.

£20m release clause this time :Chansiri:

Was going to start a different thread but i think it fits here. Season starts Saturday...... We either going to be hiring someone this week? will the club release a statement saying Bullen is in charge on interim basis until new manager found? or Bullen in charge indefinitely?

Personally i think it will be Bullen in charge indefinitely. I wish we announced today Hughton, but my gut thinks it will be Bullen.

Guest domSWFC

I'm starting to hope we don't appoint Hughton. He has got an impressive record, but it's hardly extensive, yet it seems like he feels he's above us. Like any player for Wednesday, us fans want to see the manager also be passionate and excited to be here. 

It feels a bit like if Hughton impressed he'd be poached away at ease by a Premiership club. Or at the other end of the spectrum, if things weren't going great, he'd probably be fine with getting paid off, rather than fighting to turn it around. 

Rowetts record isn't as strong, but it's hardly poor. If he has the passion for the club, it should reflect on how the team play. 

2 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

I'm starting to hope we don't appoint Hughton. He has got an impressive record, but it's hardly extensive, yet it seems like he feels he's above us. Like any player for Wednesday, us fans want to see the manager also be passionate and excited to be here. 

It feels a bit like if Hughton impressed he'd be poached away at ease by a Premiership club. Or at the other end of the spectrum, if things weren't going great, he'd probably be fine with getting paid off, rather than fighting to turn it around. 

Rowetts record isn't as strong, but it's hardly poor. If he has the passion for the club, it should reflect on how the team play. 

Bit precious that mate. Like anyone taking any job he has to be happy with the terms etc. 

If you aim high there are always going to be tricky negotiation to be done. I’ve got a feeling the CH will be a good fit here and won’t want to jump ship. We all know how massive this club can be. 

5 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

if you wan't passion for the club then Surely Pearson,or Megson,or someone who appears to love us Holloway

6 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Bit precious that mate. Like anyone taking any job he has to be happy with the terms etc. 

True enough. 

I feel a bit uncomfortable with the idea of us being pulled along. Which this is starting to feel a bit like.

Hope I'm wrong and it's just all been a case of timings.