Letter to Steve Bruce

1 hour ago, SS Owl said:

Dear Steve,

You have a very crucial 48 hours ahead of you. Take your time and think VERY carefully about what is best for you, your career and your family.

I have been a Wednesday fan for nearly 50 years, I love my club, BUT I WOULD NEVER WANT TO MANAGE MY CLUB. The magic would be broken.  As a boyhood Toon, think very carefully about letting your heart rule your head and taking this potentially attractive but ultimately poison chalice job.

Mike Ashley has no love for Newcastle, he’s a Southern hard nosed businessman, who openly wants to sell the club. You are only a stop gap, allegedly 3rd or 4th choice manager. Like as not when the club is sold, the new team will appoint their own man. Your retirement will be accelerated.

The Newcastle fans are amongst the best in the country, BUT get off to a poor start and your Sunderland past will come back to haunt you.

Finally, the Newcastle team is threadbare and will be favourites for the drop. If you take the job you have 3 weeks to assemble a team..........

Sheffield Wednesday is not the countries most glamorous club, but as you recognise, it is VERY special and is desperate and ready for success. In DC we have a 100 percent committed chairman, who having made some early mistakes has learned and passionately wants us to reach the premier league. He has always backed his managers ( perhaps too much in early mistakes) can the same be said of Mike Ashley? I think not.

I’m sure the money is better at Newcastle, but do you really need the extra money. Happiness and job satisfaction at this stage of your life is surely worth more.......

The choice is yours. Think carefully and make the right choice.

If it was purely down to him having a once in a lifetime chance of managing his ‘boyhood club’ then the tiniest part of me can almost get my head around it.

The majority of me thinks he should see out his contract out of decency.

However, it’s not about his ‘boyhood club’, its about money.

I reckon the fact it’s a poisoned chalice is part of the draw for him as it means he can retire relatively soon with a massive pay off, be that through poor league performance or the club getting taken over and them bringing their own man in. 

If we can get Hughton bring him in and let Bruce go. If we can’t, then DC needs to stick to his guns and hold out for whatever compo is in his contract. 

Id rather have Bruce after all this than a caretaker manager.

Just now, Hirstys Salopettes said:

My post has been deleted? So what if i posted his address.  It’s on public record.  I got it from Companies House because he’s a director of Steve Bruce Limited.  Blooming ridiculous moderation.

Current climate it's not a good idea to go posting his home address IMHO

Owlstalk Shop

21 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Good observation. 

At least means we are using  Owlstalk as a form of therapy and there will be a few less cats  kicked etc out of subliminal footy related frustration. 

I'd be willing to help some of our fans come to terms with their loss.

Ask Dr Peacenocchio.

Dear SS OWL

You are clearly being Gaslighted by your friend Steve. He sounds like a right slimeball who is disrespecting you and trying to make you think hes doing nothing wrong. He is.

I suggest you tell him to fek off. On no account should you sing his name. Hes never coming back.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Current climate it's not a good idea to go posting his home address IMHO

Tell that to Companies House then.  It’s on public record. 

It was posted in jest tbf as somebody had had commented no address it won’t get there.  

But I thank you for your quick and honest response (that’s genuine, not sarcastic, you never know on here) 

PS If I were SB I’d be more worried it being posted on AntandDec/Gazza/JimmyNail talk website 

Edited by Hirstys Salopettes

8 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Tell that to Companies House then.  It’s on public record. 

It was posted in jest tbf as somebody had had commented no address it won’t get there.  

But I thank you for your quick and honest response (that’s genuine, not sarcastic, you never know on here) 

PS If I were SB I’d be more worried it being posted on AntandDec/Gazza/JimmyNail talk website 

lol

Agreed!

It's way more hostile on the Toon forums towards him currently isn't it!

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, FightLikeAGirl said:

As if he cares about managing his boyhood club. If he's that loyal to Newcastle, why'd he manage their rivals?

Plenty of footballers and manager have played/managed rivals

What a ridiculous point.

7 minutes ago, FightLikeAGirl said:

As if he cares about managing his boyhood club. If he's that loyal to Newcastle, why'd he manage their rivals?

He doesn't.

It's an added bonus it's his boyhood club, regardless of what people may think of what he's doing, he is a few years away from not being in the game anymore so on that basis a final pay day is good for him.

I'm not agreeing with what's happening, but if he wants to go there's very little we can do to stop it happening. 

The timing is cack, but other than that tbh, if we've got the compensation covered and we get someone in that has a bit more hunger/apettite for the role then that will surely serve us better in the long run.

Steve Bruce is a decent manager, but the club has existed for over 150 years before he came along, I'm pretty sure it won't shut up shop the minute he goes.

Dear Steve, 

Our Club, Fans and Chairmen, waited until the first of February for you to return from watching Cricket in the Caribean even though we were in a relegation battle at the time. And thank you for sending them two other blokes called Steve to help our plight while you were away as it turned or season around. 

Our Chairman has backed you with signings and allowed you to restructure the coaching staff at the club. I'm sure our financial plight was clear too you at the start of the year. Season tickets have been sold, more players have been signed, and you have planned our preseason. 

I'm afraid that even the fact you thought of leaving Wednesday, never mind asking, and then going to talk to another club, after Mr Chansiri did everything he could do to back you, means you should leave now. You no longer have any credibility. 

Oh, btw, it sounds like it's not your decision to make anyway. So unless Big Mike comes up with the Cash for Mr C, you are going nowhere, apart from the Mr Cs garden perhaps?

All the best to You, Mike and the Toon 

Ozzy

garymegson

Edited by Ozymandias Owl

34 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

My post has been deleted? So what if i posted his address.  It’s on public record.  I got it from Companies House because he’s a director of Steve Bruce Limited.  Blooming ridiculous moderation.  Come on admin, justify its removal. 

Steve Bruce Limited, I've heard it all!!!

Linked to an offshore none domiciled company for tax evasion purposes I suspect, or maybe it's to handle his image rights?!?

garymegsonScreenshot_20190101-105535.thumb.png.2d728e1a2473ff4067eb1ba0aa3664e7.png