Letter to Steve Bruce

1 minute ago, Peacenocchio said:

It's a sign of how peed off people are that everyone wants to post how they feel.

Im guilty as anyone. But sometimes it's just best to think it rather than write it out.

Good observation. 

At least means we are using  Owlstalk as a form of therapy and there will be a few less cats  kicked etc out of subliminal footy related frustration. 

“Sheffield Wednesday is not the country’s most glamorous club”

Like you I’ve been going for over fifty years. They were the most glamorous for me on the first occasion on March 9th 1963 when we beat Man City 4-1 and they are  still the most glamourous.

The difference between the likes of us on here and Bruce can be summed up in one word...loyalty.

"Get off to a poor start and your Sunderland past will come back to haunt you"

So stay here, because we'll never mention that you're a useless ex piggy c#nt when things start going wrong, promise. 

• Haha 3

Very well heart fault letter with great points and great opinions but the trouble is with our post service it will be picked up till Monday morning if you sent it off now so he wouldn’t get into till Tuesday that’s 72 hours not 48 Bugger:duntmatter:

Edited by Owlsend

52 minutes ago, SS Owl said:

Dear Steve,

You have a very crucial 48 hours ahead of you. Take your time and think VERY carefully about what is best for you, your career and your family.

I have been a Wednesday fan for nearly 50 years, I love my club, BUT I WOULD NEVER WANT TO MANAGE MY CLUB. The magic would be broken.  As a boyhood Toon, think very carefully about letting your heart rule your head and taking this potentially attractive but ultimately poison chalice job.

Mike Ashley has no love for Newcastle, he’s a Southern hard nosed businessman, who openly wants to sell the club. You are only a stop gap, allegedly 3rd or 4th choice manager. Like as not when the club is sold, the new team will appoint their own man. Your retirement will be accelerated.

The Newcastle fans are amongst the best in the country, BUT get off to a poor start and your Sunderland past will come back to haunt you.

Finally, the Newcastle team is threadbare and will be favourites for the drop. If you take the job you have 3 weeks to assemble a team..........

Sheffield Wednesday is not the countries most glamorous club, but as you recognise, it is VERY special and is desperate and ready for success. In DC we have a 100 percent committed chairman, who having made some early mistakes has learned and passionately wants us to reach the premier league. He has always backed his managers ( perhaps too much in early mistakes) can the same be said of Mike Ashley? I think not.

I’m sure the money is better at Newcastle, but do you really need the extra money. Happiness and job satisfaction at this stage of your life is surely worth more.......

The choice is yours. Think carefully and make the right choice.

Gip

• Haha 2