Next Sheffield Wednesday Manager Poll

Next SWFC Manager  

625 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you choose as the next SWFC Manager?

• Chris Houghton
    • Daniel Stendal
    • Gary Megson
    • Carlos Carvahal

Guest Grez Bez
23 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

I wouldn’t object to Phil Neville getting the job providing he brought in some experienced backroom staff too. 

And if he brought Lucy Bronze to fit in at full back!

I think going for Chris Hughton could be a mistake and there are no guarantees that he'll even come here anyway? Chris is near the twilight of his career too. Whereas at Villa, after Bruce laid the foundations there, they went for a more forward thinking appointment in Dean Smith to finish the job that Bruce started. Could someone like Daniel Stendel or Alex Neil be our Dean Smith?

Edited by The Night-Owl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Night-Owl said:

I think going for Chris Hughton could be a mistake and there are no guarantees that he'll even come here anyway?.Chris is near the twilight of his career too. Whereas at Villa, after Bruce laid the foundations there, they went for a more forward thinking appointment in Dean Smith to finish the job that Bruce started. Could someone like Daniel Stendel or Alex Neil be our Dean Smith?

Yes it’s possible Hughton wouldn’t want the job at the moment. I’m on holiday with my in laws who are Brighton season ticket holders and often sponsor matches/players so they have met Hughton a few times and they feel he would be happy taking a year out whilst Brighton are still paying his full salary. 

I don’t agree with them but it could be why he might have turned down the likes of WBA recently.  

I wouldn’t mind us going for a younger manager with potential. At the end of the day it just needs to be the right man, his age and experience isn’t so vital. See Lampard etc

3 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yes it’s possible Hughton wouldn’t want the job at the moment. I’m on holiday with my in laws who are Brighton season ticket holders and often sponsor matches/players so they have met Hughton a few times and they feel he would be happy taking a year out whilst Brighton are still paying his full salary. 

I don’t agree with them but it could be why he might have turned down the likes of WBA recently.  

I wouldn’t mind us going for a younger manager with potential. At the end of the day it just needs to be the right man, his age and experience isn’t so vital. See Lampard etc

Yeah, it's the timing of it more than anything that is hurting us. Looking at the Hughton situation, even if he took a new job, he seemed to run out of ideas at Brighton, without a plan B as they almost sleep walked to relegation from a safe position. I'd prefer a more smarter long term forward thinking appointment if Bruce goes because if we take the short term option with someone who is near the end of their career, we'll be looking for another new man again, if they don't get us up.

1 hour ago, darra said:

Voted for Houghton, but what are peoples thoughts on offering Steven Warnock and Agnew the job ?

Steven Warnocks just signed for Blackburn and Agnews a cricket commentator .....

Have another go Darra ...

Three darts for a quid ,

score over 180 and you get a prize 

lol

• Haha 2