WTF is happening?

59 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Crazy this site at times.

Get called out by someone and you can't defend yourself on this site cos post will get deleted.

Agree. 

It can be a waste of time sometimes, you have a lively debate, give as good as you get then half a dozen of your posts disappear. If it is directly abusive or overtly offensive and someone has made a direct complaint then it might be worth reviewing and deleting but just think the mods can be too sensitive at times.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

They did but I notice they have now announced them before pre season training. We haven’t.

Yeah for sure but the point I was responding to was about how we surely would have announced them if they’d signed.

11 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Yeah for sure but the point I was responding to was about how we surely would have announced them if they’d signed.

Im fairly sure they haven’t done so, or not completely. But i am also fairly sure it will be sorted so it’s just semantics. The club are clearly using the star to convey a message rather than officially.

Edited by Bluesteel
  • Like 1

I also think that whilst these players are clearly happy to wait for all this to be sorted as this is where they want to be. It must surely have tipped the balance against us with others. For example, Aneke had been rumoured to be one of our targets for a while but he’s gone elsewhere. I’m not suggesting that’s why as I don’t know but I can imagine a lack of absolute certainty or having to wait to confirm is not ideal when competing.

The positive way of thinking about it is that it shows who really has trust in the manager and who really wants to be here. 

9 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I also think that whilst these players are clearly happy to wait for all this to be sorted as this is where they want to be. It must surely have tipped the balance against us with others. For example, Aneke had been rumoured to be one of our targets for a while but he’s gone elsewhere. I’m not suggesting that’s why as I don’t know but I can imagine a lack of absolute certainty or having to wait to confirm is not ideal when competing.

The positive way of thinking about it is that it shows who really has trust in the manager and who really wants to be here. 

Aye, we want players that buy into Bruce's ethos and players who want to be here. Plenty will want to play for Bruce but not all links and rumours will be true for one reason or another. We won't get all our targets, hardly anyone does, we'll no doubt have numerous options. But there are so many factors to take into account. I'm sure Bruce will have planned for the various scenarios and things will now take shape. Bruce's contacts, knowledge and eye for a player will do us good, regardless of the budget he has to work with. Still plenty of work to be done and hopefully plenty more wheeling and dealing too. The best thing going for us at present is Bruce, so hopefully DC makes his job less difficult by sorting things out and giving him the trust and backing he deserves. 

34 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

I’m enjoying the rest after last season and happily confident we won’t start with Van Aken at centre half and Hutch as a No. 10 ... what a weird day that was 

Opening games of last 2 seasons have been reyt deflating. The way we lined up at Wigan was bizarre and although we scored a couple we we always chasing it and could easily have conceded a few more than we did. The year before at Preston we just didn't turn up, not sure we had a shot on target.

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I think the fact that some players have clearly chosen to come to us and some other players have chosen to go to other clubs just tells us that it’s the transfer window and nothing much more.

Michael Owen - there, on the ball as ever, with the perfect most obvious summary... :ph34r:lol

Just now, The Night-Owl said:

Michael Owen - there, on the ball as ever, with the perfect most obvious summary... :ph34r:lol

:biggrin:

It is very dull and obvious for sure, but then imagining this must surely mean that is all a bit soap opera for me.

18 minutes ago, Sonny said:

:biggrin:

It is very dull and obvious for sure, but then imagining this must surely mean that is all a bit soap opera for me.

Exactly, football fans in general and this forum is like a long running melodramatic soap opera, summed up by the constant over the top mood-swings, from one extreme to another in minutes...:ghoulguy:

I've followed footy for forty odd years and very little has ever happened in late May into June, mainly because players, managers, chairmen are enjoying their holidays and a break from the game, when will some impatient idiots get this into their thick skulls.

• Haha 2