WTF is happening?

4 hours ago, Beholder said:

Been two months now of news blackout.

Few rumours trickling through but nothing concrete.

The threads are too long to find any information and alot of it is contradictory.

Is anyone aware of what the heck is going on at the club?

Are we under an embargo? Have we signed players but not telling? Are people chilled or anxious?

Could do with a thread with some solid info.

Cmon Owlstalkers. Surprise me. Try and resist turning the thread into an avalanche of bullshlt. It doesn't have to be that way :biggrin:

Spoiler: Summer

10 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

Some Solid (and some not so solid) info for you.......

39635417-B3BA-4945-A211-421ED54A49FD.jpeg

We are treated to a narrower variety on here most of the time, it usually ranges from solid bull to complete diarrhea. :sad:

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Nice to know there is another Wednesday supporter in DN9. Seems to be more and more Utd fans especially since they have gone up. 

There's a few of us in DN11 as well. Wednesday that is, not Utd. We're also quite chilled. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Not necessarily, didn’t Stoke announce five players at once this week? That was either a very busy day or they weren’t in any rush to announce when each was was done.

They did but I notice they have now announced them before pre season training. We haven’t.

See sometimes.....I imagine the wheels of Hillsborough spinnin' round, all work,machinations, players coming and going, phone calls, agents being laughed at, ...Bruce being alluring...(In a purely financial and tactical way..not sorta stood on Northfield rd wiv stockings on)....

Then sometimes ..I think....

"Well theres nowt happening"

But it seems the same everywhere...Its far to early

If there is an embargo...It should be pasted up on the back of the West...like a "For Sale Sign"...preferably over that loopy f.ookin' Owl..In fact they could use one o the Owls eyes for the final (O)

4 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

The fact we know there's an embargo pretty much means it's not a secret. 

"Unilateral changes of identity"

• Still called Sheffield Wednesday
  • we still play at Hillsborough
  • we still play in blue and white
  • we are still FA cup holders,
  • Still premier League founder members

Not sure where this change of identify gonads has come from?

Ah but since the changes in finances have you seen us play at Hillsborough?? Ah thought not.  Plus no one has seen new kit so we might not play in blue and white. Cracks appearing in your logic my good fellow. :ghoulguy:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kilnhurstowl said:

Ah but since the changes in finances have you seen us play at Hillsborough?? Ah thought not.  Plus no one has seen new kit so we might not play in blue and white. Cracks appearing in your logic my good fellow. :ghoulguy:

We don't even know if we're still called Sheffield Wednesday.  I demand the club releases a a statement confirming what we're called.

• Haha 2

Dont worry lads...

the 4 rumoured freebies, plus a couple of marquee signings from our recent share windfall will be paraded in the new kit on Sunday at OITP prior to flying off for preseason Monday.

Phew, I was getting negative earlier but I'm now back in the game.

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Apparently the hold up is caused by us trying to sign a young Kenyan called Wawaw Jennings.....f.ook knows why its takin' so long...........

We can't agree a fee with his current club, FC Umbongo.  DC's offered £12m, but they refuse to budge from £600k.

11 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

We can't agree a fee with his current club, FC Umbongo.  DC's offered £12m, but they refuse to budge from £600k.

I thought they were based in the Congo, not Kenya...

I'll get me coat :Sid:

7 minutes ago, OurDan said:

Can't believe the negativity to the chairman in this thread - and I got my post deleted

Which one is that?? As ive been removing some. 

Targeted abuse at some posters, was a little, well distasteful, boring and a bit sad. 

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 1