WTF is happening?

It's June, it's sunny, Glasto is on the tele, go get a beer and relax. This club is in a good position and the news about Tony Sturdwick shows stuff is happening. We have Bruce, we still have our star players from last season. New signings will arrive. My recommendation is have a few cans and check back in 3rd week in July and then ask what happened in the summer. I wish i could this but i will still check everyday, i don't recommend this, but this is what i will do. It's a vicious cycle. So for now just be cool and wait (if you can). The club is fine and still on track for a promotion push.

chillax.gif

1 hour ago, Fuzzy logics said:

We don't even know who owns the Club!

On top of secret embargo's, mysterious share issues, threats of selling up, arguing with fans, unilateral changes of identity, tickets, kits etc. Ive had enough. 

Could just be me and all the above is ok with the majority of fans. 

Your logics are a bit fuzzy there matey, chill and relax, watch the Women's World Cup or something.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

28 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Presumably a deal can be agreed but not formally registered. That’s why they won’t be announced as it would just incur the wrath of the EFL like when Birmingham signed Pedersen and we’re charged with an aggravated breach. 

I wonder if said players will train with us in the meantime.

If a deal can't be formally registered just yet, there must be some chance, however small, that it won't be allowed later. If this is the case, why would a player sign a deal that might be deemed null and void in a few week (after having burnt their bridges elsewhere)? 

With the Pedersen case, the decision from the EFL would have disallowed his registration, i.e. if Birmingham had waited, they wouldn't have been able to sign him. Same situation we are in with Borner etc. Yet it seems that they have signed.

12 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

If a deal can't be formally registered just yet, there must be some chance, however small, that it won't be allowed later. If this is the case, why would a player sign a deal that might be deemed null and void in a few week (after having burnt their bridges elsewhere)? 

With the Pedersen case, the decision from the EFL would have disallowed his registration, i.e. if Birmingham had waited, they wouldn't have been able to sign him. Same situation we are in with Borner etc. Yet it seems that they have signed.

We can’t sign players in an embargo so none of them will have formally signed yet. We can make them an offer but it can’t be completed if we are still under the embargo which it sounds like we are. 

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

We can’t sign players in an embargo so none of them will have formally signed yet. We can make them an offer but it can’t be completed if we are still under the embargo which it sounds like we are. 

We must be the only club after them then.  In your scenario, they'd be off somewhere else if they had alternatives.

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Fair enough, but it seems that Borner in particular is taking a big risk in rejecting the contract offer from his current club, and upping sticks and house hunting in Sheffield on the basis of an offer that can't be, and might never be, completed. Odubajo (sp?) too, could be settling in at QPR instead of crossing his fingers hoping that it'll all be ok at Wednesday. I'm surprised that any agent would let their players get into such a situation.

3 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Fair enough, but it seems that Borner in particular is taking a big risk in rejecting the contract offer from his current club, and upping sticks and house hunting in Sheffield on the basis of an offer that can't be, and might never be, completed. Odubajo (sp?) too, could be settling in at QPR instead of crossing his fingers hoping that it'll all be ok at Wednesday. I'm surprised that any agent would let their players get into such a situation.

7 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

We must be the only club after them then.  In your scenario, they'd be off somewhere else if they had alternatives.

I agree. But if we could sign them and it’s all 100% sorted then I’m sure it would have been announced.

13 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I agree. But if we could sign them and it’s all 100% sorted then I’m sure it would have been announced.

You say that......   but I’m beginning to wonder if the club is just THIS bad at communication 

I honestly think nothing gets announced unless Chansiri is in the U.K. 

48 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

It's June, it's sunny, Glasto is on the tele, go get a beer and relax. This club is in a good position and the news about Tony Sturdwick shows stuff is happening. We have Bruce, we still have our star players from last season. New signings will arrive. My recommendation is have a few cans and check back in 3rd week in July and then ask what happened in the summer. I wish i could this but i will still check everyday, i don't recommend this, but this is what i will do. It's a vicious cycle. So for now just be cool and wait (if you can). The club is fine and still on track for a promotion push.

chillax.gif

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

You say that......   but I’m beginning to wonder if the club is just THIS bad at communication 

I honestly think nothing gets announced unless Chansiri is in the U.K. 

Hope so, we will have to see how long it takes.

17 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Not necessarily, didn’t Stoke announce five players at once this week? That was either a very busy day or they weren’t in any rush to announce when each was was done.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Beholder said:

Been two months now of news blackout.

Few rumours trickling through but nothing concrete.

The threads are too long to find any information and alot of it is contradictory.

Is anyone aware of what the heck is going on at the club?

Are we under an embargo? Have we signed players but not telling? Are people chilled or anxious?

Could do with a thread with some solid info.

Cmon Owlstalkers. Surprise me. Try and resist turning the thread into an avalanche of bullshlt. It doesn't have to be that way :biggrin:

Wrong day mate . Tomorrow is shitestorm friday .

2 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Funnily enough he did exactly the same to me!

At least he’s consistent!

2 minutes ago, Minton said:

And me :tango:

We should start an AA type group for people affected by his vicious neg attacks.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Beholder said:

Been two months now of news blackout.

Few rumours trickling through but nothing concrete.

The threads are too long to find any information and alot of it is contradictory.

Is anyone aware of what the heck is going on at the club?

Are we under an embargo? Have we signed players but not telling? Are people chilled or anxious?

Could do with a thread with some solid info.

Cmon Owlstalkers. Surprise me. Try and resist turning the thread into an avalanche of bullshlt. It doesn't have to be that way :biggrin:

Shhhhhh

3 hours ago, bobness said:

Solid is one of the four fundamental states of matter (the others being liquid, gas, and plasma). In solids particles are closely packed. It is characterized by structural rigidity and resistance to changes of shape or volume. Unlike liquid, a solid object does not flow to take on the shape of its container, nor does it expand to fill the entire volume available to it like a gas does. The atoms in a solid are tightly bound to each other, either in a regular geometric lattice (crystalline solids, which include metals and ordinary ice) or irregularly (an amorphous solid such as common window glass). Solids cannot be compressed with little pressure whereas gases can be compressed with little pressure because in gases molecules are loosely packed.

The branch of physics that deals with solids is called solid-state physics, and is the main branch of condensed matter physics (which also includes liquids). Materials science is primarily concerned with the physical and chemical properties of solids. Solid-state chemistry is especially concerned with the synthesis of novel materials, as well as the science of identification and chemical composition.

Great Solid info. I love that someone has disagreed! Come on then, why do you disagree!!!