WTF is happening?

9 hours ago, Beholder said:

Been two months now of news blackout.

Few rumours trickling through but nothing concrete.

The threads are too long to find any information and alot of it is contradictory.

Is anyone aware of what the heck is going on at the club?

Are we under an embargo? Have we signed players but not telling? Are people chilled or anxious?

Could do with a thread with some solid info.

Cmon Owlstalkers. Surprise me. Try and resist turning the thread into an avalanche of bullshlt. It doesn't have to be that way :biggrin:

usual shitefrom someone who has changed his username more often than Wednesday has changed their kit #bellend

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Nice to know there is another Wednesday supporter in DN9. Seems to be more and more Utd fans especially since they have gone up. 

Whereabouts are you mate

We moved on to the new estate next to the airport last july

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

20 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

I've followed footy for forty odd years and very little has ever happened in late May into June, mainly because players, managers, chairmen are enjoying their holidays and a break from the game, when will some impatient idiots get this into their thick skulls.

To be fair football has changed a bit in the last forty years. The transfer window has been introduced and now that window is nearly a month shorter. Teams can no longer reshape their squads any time during the season as they used to be able to do and it is more important than ever to be able to get players to gel as quickly as possible in pre-season.

Having said all that there is no point getting worked up about a lack of transfers before the 1st July when most players are formally released from their previous contracts, especially when there has been news from decent sources that 2 of our targets are all but done deals.

If the submitting of the accounts drags into another week or two and the players we are hoping to sign and also retain don't go on the overseas training trip then it will be a cause for concern but no point getting worked up before that. 

8 hours ago, MrEdwards said:

Mine too. Lauder rd Bentley

Isn't Bentley the same as Sprotborough  DN5?.......must admit it's been 30 years, might be going senile.

*just remembered where Hoots lives.....not stalking or owt Hoots*

*sees Hoots's post further up and my memory isn't so bad it seems*

Edited by Weshallovercome

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Whereabouts are you mate

We moved on to the new estate next to the airport last july

Family (father from Malin Bridge) has lived in Epworth, about 10 miles from Finningley, for about 30 years.

I know your question was at Waltham but I am jumping in. He lives Epworth too (I think).

Edited by Ever the pessimist

2 hours ago, toppOwl said:

I've followed footy for forty odd years and very little has ever happened in late May into June, mainly because players, managers, chairmen are enjoying their holidays and a break from the game, when will some impatient idiots get this into their thick skulls.

Maybe the impatient idiots own a calendar and have somehow managed to figure out that it's currently late June going into July?

Thick skulls indeed.

19 hours ago, Fuzzy logics said:

It's no longer 'our' Club.

We have no right to know what's going on. We are simply customers. Customers that are expected to buy a product we have no knowledge of and have not seen or heard about. If we don't like it, then tough.

It's the Chansiri way.

WAWAW?

I always consider Wednesday to be “my club “ despite boardroom chinanigans , different management, stupid kit changes, nutty ticket prices etc... it’s still our club. You shouldn’t forget that.

Anyone ever considered that all the players we have released will still be officially on our books until their contracts expire , I expect new signings will be announced as soon as these are off our books 

Just to keep things squeaky clean for the FFP  hierarchy

• Like 4

Officially contracts run out tomorrow, very soon players who haven't got a club will get nervous. 

There agents will be touting them around trying to get best deals for player and more importantly there selfish money grabbing sens. 

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

Anyone ever considered that all the players we have released will still be officially on our books until their contracts expire , I expect new signings will be announced as soon as these are off our books 

^^ this ^^^

abdi,jones,mattias etc are still under contract till june 30th (still on our wage bill),nobody can/will sign until they are officially gone

22 hours ago, bobness said:

Solid is one of the four fundamental states of matter (the others being liquid, gas, and plasma). In solids particles are closely packed. It is characterized by structural rigidity and resistance to changes of shape or volume. Unlike liquid, a solid object does not flow to take on the shape of its container, nor does it expand to fill the entire volume available to it like a gas does. The atoms in a solid are tightly bound to each other, either in a regular geometric lattice (crystalline solids, which include metals and ordinary ice) or irregularly (an amorphous solid such as common window glass). Solids cannot be compressed with little pressure whereas gases can be compressed with little pressure because in gases molecules are loosely packed.

The branch of physics that deals with solids is called solid-state physics, and is the main branch of condensed matter physics (which also includes liquids). Materials science is primarily concerned with the physical and chemical properties of solids. Solid-state chemistry is especially concerned with the synthesis of novel materials, as well as the science of identification and chemical composition.

Beat me to it.

3 hours ago, hugeowl said:

You'll never get anywhere on here by posting common sense Charlie...you'd think no one on here had ever noticed that the players contracts always finish at the end of June