Preston 3 - 3 Sheffield Wednesday OMDT

There is nothing in this fixture that indicates anything but defeat for us. From the November 1971  1 V 0 reverse at Deepdale (Joicey taking their free kick for them to prevent timeasting was hilarious  - almost certainly on youtube somewhere because it was filmed for ITV's "The Big Match") to the seemingly endless run of defeats 30 years later and their horrible ability to call down the spirit of Tom Finney from above.

That means we will win 2 v 0.

:laugh: 

• Like 1

Come on Wednesday

Perfect weekend this weekend would be 

The mighty blue and white beat Preston

Ipswich beat the pigs 

And it pains me to say this 

L***s beat villa 

I'm now off to mouthwash with bleach 

:duntmatter:

Edited by s73owl
  • Haha 3

We knew this day would come sometime or other. There's no dignity in hiding from it. Today, barring divine intervention, Snortfield Ushited will be as good as promoted. It's hard to take but we must. For those of us old enough to remember it is the same feeling we had on the last occasion that they left us behind. It was 1971 on the day that (to be fair, as we should) they put Watford to the sword and got their place back in the old Division One .

So why this self flagellation?

So that those who haven't felt this before get told - good and proper  how soon we come back and rise again!!!! 

C'mon Wednesday!!!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

Come on Wednesday 

Come on Ipswich 

Come on Leeds 

I'm sorry, but I can't do it.

I won't do it.

I've never done it.

I never will do it.

The thought of it, makes my skin creep.

I NEVER WANT LEEDS UNITED to win a football game !

• Haha 1

Morning Snoots.

Are you hanging up your quill after QPR or are you going to go down in history as the the scribe who took us to the Prem in May 2020?

Interesting Fact about Bannan. I didn’t know he had so many assists. 

5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Morning Snoots.

Are you hanging up your quill after QPR or are you going to go down in history as the the scribe who took us to the Prem in May 2020?

Interesting Fact about Bannan. I didn’t know he had so many assists. 

The Prem awaits us Holmowl I'm 100% convinced that Bruce is the right man for the Job. 

Hargreaves has put my contract talks on hold until he knows what division we're in next season.  

How many assists has Bannan got?

Oh, and lastly.... I need your Bellend of the season nomination.

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

The Prem awaits us Holmowl I'm 100% convinced that Bruce is the right man for the Job. 

Hargreaves has put my contract talks on hold until he knows what division we're in next season.  

How many assists has Bannan got?

Oh, and lastly.... I need your Bellend of the season nomination.

I was getting really nervous half way thru your final sentence.

Sadly, even with Steve McLaren in the field, I can’t look beyond Jos for the title. I supported him far longer than most, but with hindsight his decisions over Westwood and Hutchinson were worthy of the crown.

Sheffield Wednesday midfielder Barry Bannan has registered 10 league assists this season - as many as in his previous two campaigns combined.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Excellent post as ever Milord. Let’s see out the season with a bang. I know us getting into the top 6 is as likely as your bell-end thread getting rightly promoted back to match day, but as with everything there’s still a chance.

Murphy, Gullit, James Gregg (snivelling gruntbag) to remind you are my nominations by the way, apart from.JL which goes without saying.

Up the Owls.

And if I see a tractor today, I will pray to it to try and influence events across the city.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

his decisions over Westwood and Hutchinson were worthy of the Crown 

Indeed. But do you know,  I still have an odd feeling there is more to that story to come out. Especially in terms of the goal keeper. 

I refuse to accept a man of his football experience couldn't see that Westwood was the best goalkeeper on the books. It makes no sense. 

I said at the time I had to trust the managers judgement having not seen Westwood play in over a year and not knowing if he was the same player after his pong injury.

But given his form, one has to assume he was showing himself to be back to his best in training too long before his recall.

That being the case it must have been

a) A personal conflict 

b) That there was something monetary happening from above, something which Bruce wouldn't put up with.

I'm leaning towards option 'a'. A personal conflict (at the expense of the team and results) which is unforgivable.

You can drop players if you think they are a twunt. He'd not be the first manager to let personal attitudes interfere with the selection. 

The thing is ...when you do that you need results or they will coat you your job. 

They cost him his. And rightly so. 

11 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

James Gregg (snivelling gruntbag)

I'd forgot about him and his midnight drunken outburst!

I even joined twitter to ask him to have Westwood in the studio on Biggs's show to offer Westwood the right off reply. But the tweet vanished!

Excellent call. I shall add him to the list.

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Indeed. But do you know,  I still have an odd feeling there is more to that story to come out. Especially in terms of the goal keeper. 

I refuse to accept a man of his football experience couldn't see that Westwood was the best goalkeeper on the books. It makes no sense. 

I said at the time I had to trust the managers judgement having not seen Westwood play in over a year and not knowing if he was the same player after his pong injury.

But given his form, one has to assume he was showing himself to be back to his best in training too long before his recall.

That being the case it must have been

a) A personal conflict 

b) That there was something monetary happening from above, something which Bruce wouldn't put up with.

I'm leaning towards option 'a'. A personal conflict (at the expense of the team and results) which is unforgivable.

You can drop players if you think they are a twunt. He'd not be the first manager to let personal attitudes interfere with the selection. 

The thing is ...when you do that you need results or they will coat you your job. 

They cost him his. And rightly so. 

As for your second paragraph, I had no idea Westwood had a serious flatulence problem. Perhaps this explains why he is seldom troubled by oppo strikers at corners?

And he’s I agree there is more to the first half of this season than we know. I wonder if DC instructed Jos not to pick certain players.

5 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

But none of this has killed our spirit and the set backs have not dented us, we are in fact stronger.

Summer is almost upon us and we shall be enthused by new ideas and hungry youthfulness. 

When we re-emerge it will be with the fastest of legs, strong backs and broad shoulders.

Bruce will be ready, our Gladiators will be ready, our staff will be ready, we the fans will be ready.

More than any time in history Wednesday all together as one WE SHALL ALL BE TOGETHER !

COME ON WEDNESDAY ALL TOGETHER AS ONE, UTO & DTB WAWAW. 

Good Heavens ,Nev I feel like pulling my own boots back on after reading that impassioned speech!

Brilliant.

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

As for your second paragraph, I had no idea Westwood had a serious flatulence problem. Perhaps this explains why he is seldom troubled by oppo strikers at corners?

And he’s I agree there is more to the first half of this season than we know. I wonder if DC instructed Jos not to pick certain players.

There was something afoot. I'm sure if that. 

We could do with @Mycroft getting their kid in to have a root about.

Good morning m’lud! Absolute humdinger of an OMDT.. glad to see Stubbs has been dragged by his feet from the deepest recesses of the Nun’s Chuff, thank God he remembered to tie that plank to his feet before he dived in! Your insecurities regarding Lee are unwarranted however, Bruce Almighty will not risk him from the start, and if he’s on the bench it will be easy for him to judge whether Pearson is performing his usual repertoire of bellendery tricks(fouls). If Pearson should be sent from the field of play then we might see Lee, that would be nice, he can just step up and score the winner in such an event.

Owls to win this one 0-2, can’t see Preston being as good as Brizzle.

UTO Come on you Blue and White Wizaaards!

• Like 1