Not a disaster

I’m not disappointed with the result, it was the performance. We were very very poor today. Bannan in particular was well off the pace. But we can’t expect us to do it every week. It’s been one hell of a turnaround since Bruce came in.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

We didn't have the ammunition to go for it..

Fletcher injured...Aaron injured, Hooper not match fit, FF not match fit...

It was not a lack of belief..It was simply a matter of being able to do sod all about it...I reckon

Hmm, one could ask why we played them both, if neither were match fit. It’s a decent pointt though for where we currently are If we want a top six finish however, then it perhaps isn’t 

Guest Ash76
57 minutes ago, WC1Owl said:

We were a long shot at 3pm and we're a long shot now, but we're still in it, and it's still in our hands because of who we have to play.

It’s not in our hands

Derby and Boro can claim that, not us 

Winning the last 7 might not be enough

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Hmm, one could ask why we played them both, if neither were match fit. It’s a decent pointt though for where we currently are If we want a top six finish however, then it perhaps isn’t 

Choices mate isn't it?

I think Aarons was the key...It went t* ts when he did

5 minutes ago, debram said:

Yes the odds are certainly stacked against us, albeit better the we could have hoped for a few months ago.

Yes results have picked up but todays attacking performance  was like watching Carlos and Jos in the dugout,regardless whose on the pitch for a team chasing playoffs you have to show better ambition than that ,ill take a point but its 2 extra points all day long if we show a ounce of attacking threat 

• Like 1

Just now, WelshOwl74 said:

Yes results have picked up but todays attacking performance  was like watching Carlos and Jos in the dugout,regardless whose on the pitch for a team chasing playoffs you have to show better ambition than that ,ill take a point but its 2 extra points all day long if we show a ounce of attacking threat 

Well thats just patently ridiculous....

It matters enormously "Who's on the pitch"

It matters enormously how yo have set up to play and then lose a major player in the warm up..replace him with someone who is almost the exact opposite...

It matters when your in form main striker is missing...

3 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Cant argue with that.

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Well thats just patently ridiculous....

It matters enormously "Who's on the pitch"

It matters enormously how yo have set up to play and then lose a major player in the warm up..replace him with someone who is almost the exact opposite...

It matters when your in form main striker is missing...

So cus we had to switch it up ,its ok not to show attacking intent ?

• Like 1

Guest The Horse

I know football's all about 'if only's, but...
If only we didn't mess up those 4 points we had almost in the bag against West Brom home and away, we'd be well in the mix.

Play it a game at time, play those games strong and see where it gets us.
If we get the play-offs - incredible.
If not, we've come a long, long way since the days where we were just above Rotherham and things are looking postive for next season irrespective of P&S.

4 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

So cus we had to switch it up ,its ok not to show attacking intent ?

Its not "being able" to show attacking intent isn't it?

You end up on the back foot, when your attacking options are limited....

"regardless of who is on the pitch" is arrant nonsense isn't it...You could have 11 fans on.... intent to attack..they would lose 10 -0.

Sometimes you have to cut your losses, the players aren't capable...Hoopers just come back from injury, as has Forestieri...Aarons is off before he starts...

The intention is there..the capability isn't

Edited by asteener1867

8 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Its not "being able" to show attacking intent isn't it?

You end up on the back foot, when your attacking options are limited....

"regardless of who is on the pitch" is arrant nonsense isn't it...You could have 11 fans on.... intent to attack..they would lose 10 -0.

Sometimes you have to cut your losses, the players aren't capable...Hoopers just come back from injury, as has Forestieri...Aarons is off before he starts...

The intention is there..the capability isn't

Ye but we arent talking about fans,we are talking  pro footballers,blame Bruce then for starting Hooper and Fernando ,guaranteed SW and AN starting upfront today and showing any ambition to attack we'd have won

I'm not blaming the players ,I'm blaming Bruce for setting us up not to attack,we should no ambition 

2 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Ye but we arent talking about fans,we are talking  pro footballers,blame Bruce then for starting Hooper and Fernando ,guaranteed SW and AN starting upfront today and showing any ambition to attack we'd have won

I'm not blaming the players ,I'm blaming Bruce for setting us up not to attack,we should no ambition 

Then you admit ..It does matter who's on the pitch...

Theres a difference between showing ambition..and not being able to.

You can blame Bruce...but whats Winnal shown since he came back?....Nowt

We missed fletcher....Nuhiu is a poor substitute for him...Stoke are a decent side..

Its simply better to settle for the point sometimes...We sounded lucky to get that...So we take it.

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Then you admit ..It does matter who's on the pitch...

Theres a difference between showing ambition..and not being able to.

You can blame Bruce...but whats Winnal shown since he came back?....Nowt

We missed fletcher....Nuhiu is a poor substitute for him...Stoke are a decent side..

Its simply better to settle for the point sometimes...We sounded lucky to get that...So we take it.

When have I not admitted it doesnt matter whose playing 

I am blaming Bruce,id play winnall over a unfit Hooper  and its obvious to everyone that Fernando ain't a striker

Stoke arent a decent side ,decent sides are in the top 6,something stoke havent been near all season ,games are played on grass not paper.

Are Bristol a better team than us ? Cus they've just beat a better team than stoke  

We didn’t expect to be in this position at the start of the year. So I still think everything’s a bonus and Luhukay could have taken us down if he wasn’t sacked.

Mathematically it’s still possible so let’s keep at it. And if we don’t then we push on next season, whatever that may bring in terms of FFP sanctions.