Aarons on a permanent deal

Do we think Bruce might be interested in Albert Adomah, soon to be out of contract at Villa? He’s 31, but still extremely quick, and has a much better goal returns than Aarons. He tended to use Adomah and Kodjia wide, and Abraham in the middle

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Do we think Bruce might be interested in Albert Adomah, soon to be out of contract at Villa? He’s 31, but still extremely quick, and has a much better goal returns than Aarons. He tended to use Adomah and Kodjia wide, and Abraham in the middle

Wages probably prohibitive.

13 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Hopefully Bruce will go against the recent Wednesday obsession of signing over 30s and go with the younger option 

Guest wilyfox
58 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Still has another year on his Villa contract. 

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Ah, so that’s put paid to that one Wouldn’t want to pay a fee for him

Where did you hear about O'Hare & Dearnley? 

47 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Where did you hear about O'Hare & Dearnley? 

That’s quite interesting, I actually heard that from someone connected with the academy, though not directly. The thing with that though is, both may yet be offered new deals by their clubs

I believe Dearnley is actually from Sheffield, and was at school with one of our academy lads

Edited by gurujuan

On 24/03/2019 at 17:35, Shifty Powers said:

Sell Reach for 5/6 million and bring in Aarons and Hector back on loan for the full season would do for me. 

Settle FFP and add those two.

Sorted. 

2 months ago i'd have agreed with you. Now i'd rather we got rid of Forestieri and kept Reach. Just think Forestieri is more of a luxury that hasn't really performed for the last few seasons

Although I think we can probably find better than Lazaar, I wouldn’t be unhappy if we signed all the loanees. If that happened, then that maintains the status quo, so what would we need to do to improve the squad? In terms of numbers, we’d be OK, with plenty of cover in all positions, bar perhaps central midfield. So to improve the squad, we’d have to upgrade some of the positions currently occupied by contracted players. Of course any club can always upgrade, no matter how successful they are, but we’d probably be looking to do it with loans

Edited by gurujuan

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Although I think we can probably find better than Lazaar, I wouldn’t be unhappy if we signed all the loanees. If that happened, then that maintains the status quo, so what would we need to do to improve the squad? In terms of numbers, we’d be OK, with plenty of cover in all positions, bar perhaps central midfield. So to improve the squad, we’d have to upgrade some of the positions currently occupied by contracted players. Of course any club can always upgrade, no matter how successful they are, but we’d probably be looking to do it with loans

I don't agree with you there Guru. I thought Lazaar was fantastic in the one and a half games I saw of him. 

3 minutes ago, Nut said:

I don't agree with you there Guru. I thought Lazaar was fantastic in the one and a half games I saw of him. 

I heard he was, although I wasn’t there myself. Suppose I’m basing it on what I’ve seen of him at Newcastle, and what’s been written As I say, I wouldn’t be unhappy if we signed him, or any of the loanees