Aarons on a permanent deal

5 hours ago, Minton said:

£5-6m? Are you on crack?! 8 goals, 7 assists, he is easily a £12m+ player

Who's gonna pay £12m for him? He's nowhere near good enough for the premier league and champ teams are no longer spaffing that much on players now that p&s is starting to bite.

5 hours ago, jomaco said:

It would be a great deal for them, Abdi is a far better player with proven premier league record who will be back to fitness in a couple of weeks, whereas Aarons is just some guy who happens to have the pace that we need.

We'd love to keep Abdi and will be sad to see him go, but we have one too many top class midfielders in the same position and can't afford to pay his wages due to FFP,

Cant work out if this is a big WHOOSH or you're mental.

• Haha 2

I think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves (or some, not all).  It'll be another summer of holding out for bargains as we'll be under some kind of embargo - luckily we'll be clearing 7m off the wage bill with the out of contracts so that'll buy us some breathing space and the only reason I imagine that the EFL haven't slapped us with a fine and points deduction.

Re-signing Westwood, Palmer and hopefully a fit Hooper (pray also for K Lee) + being able to sign Hector, Lazaar (if comes back decent before end of season) + Aarons would be ideal business but think it's going to be another summer of frustration where they want to come here, their parent clubs want to sell and we simply can't execute.  Season long loan with option to buy following season feels more doable especially if we've got lots of players off the books.

2 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

I think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves (or some, not all).  It'll be another summer of holding out for bargains as we'll be under some kind of embargo - luckily we'll be clearing 7m off the wage bill with the out of contracts so that'll buy us some breathing space and the only reason I imagine that the EFL haven't slapped us with a fine and points deduction.

Re-signing Westwood, Palmer and hopefully a fit Hooper (pray also for K Lee) + being able to sign Hector, Lazaar (if comes back decent before end of season) + Aarons would be ideal business but think it's going to be another summer of frustration where they want to come here, their parent clubs want to sell and we simply can't execute.  Season long loan with option to buy following season feels more doable especially if we've got lots of players off the books.

Sounds good but the Hooper and Lee parts are very much in doubt. If the Hector fee goes into 4 or 5 million again think it would be very doubtful and better value may be available in preseason.Good as he is I wouldnt spend that on him.

12 hours ago, jomaco said:

It would be a great deal for them, Abdi is a far better player with proven premier league record who will be back to fitness in a couple of weeks, whereas Aarons is just some guy who happens to have the pace that we need.

We'd love to keep Abdi and will be sad to see him go, but we have one too many top class midfielders in the same position and can't afford to pay his wages due to FFP,

Great wind up mate or over load on mdma .

Unless new funding is sourced, I don’t see any Hector/Aarons style purchases, at least not without a major sale or two. Reach, as one of our more saleable assets, would probably need to go. We might bring in enough money that way, to make the signings of Hector and Aarons permanent, with effectively Aarons being a replacement for Reach. Think I could live with that, but we’d be losing a lot of goals from midfield. We’d certainly need to offset that with a more prolific front line.

12 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Still not fully convinced just yet. He’s had some very good games and some games seem to have passed him by. We definitely need pace though. I would reserve judgment until the end of the season. 

Similar story with his Newcastle career so far, but yes, that pace has shown us what we’ve missed

We are probably paying big Dave double what Aarons is on,

Which in itself is frightening and shows how we have gone wrong with so many deals under DC, 

Its good to know that Brucey will be able to get us some quality players in on half the wages we pay some poor players like Jones and big Dave and Abdi

Heard we are looking at a couple of young players soon to be out of contract, Zac Dearnley Man Utd, currently on loan at Oldham, and Aston Villa’s Callum O’Hare, on loan at Carlisle Not sure whether these would be for the first team, or the U23s

1 hour ago, waddleisgod said:

We are probably paying big Dave double what Aarons is on,

Which in itself is frightening and shows how we have gone wrong with so many deals under DC, 

Its good to know that Brucey will be able to get us some quality players in on half the wages we pay some poor players like Jones and big Dave and Abdi

With the mention of Jones as a high earner as well, I *hope* you're trying a whoosh, because we are paying Adthe no such thing. He is earning around the £10k mark

Guest wilyfox
On 25 March 2019 at 08:53, gurujuan said:

Heard we are looking at a couple of young players soon to be out of contract, Zac Dearnley Man Utd, currently on loan at Oldham, and Aston Villa’s Callum O’Hare, on loan at Carlisle Not sure whether these would be for the first team, or the U23s

Where'd ya hear that mate? 

If the fee be 0 then i think we might be able to afford that. He can have 25% of Abdis wages at the end of the season and job is a good one. If we spend anymore than FFP want us to then we may be screwed, so i would just ask for a season long loan instead.

Ive a sneaky feeling we can pick both Lazaar and aarons up on a steel 1-2 million for the pair, will we be aloud? I can’t see it unless I’m missing something with FFP it might be another loan

chelsea will be wanting 3-5 million for hector I’d love all three but can’t see it 

onomah bizarrely would be the most expensive and probably not for sale and yet this is the one I’m not fussed about 

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

Ive a sneaky feeling we can pick both Lazaar and aarons up on a steel 1-2 million for the pair, will we be aloud? I can’t see it unless I’m missing something with FFP it might be another loan

chelsea will be wanting 3-5 million for hector I’d love all three but can’t see it 

onomah bizarrely would be the most expensive and probably not for sale and yet this is the one I’m not fussed about 

No mate, but we can do it on the quiet.