1 hour ago, EcclesallOwl said:

I don’t care who plays as long as they play well so there’s no anti anyone from my side

Unfortunately Nuhiu has been atrocious all season and it appears that the end of last season was either a complete fluke or he decided to turn it on to get a new contract 

When he plays, as with Boyd, we may as well be playing with 10 men. With the need to press as a team he completely lets the side down as the opposition just walk round him. He gives away needless free kicks and constantly loses the ball.

I’d love it if he could turn it on again like he did last season but he’s showing no signs of doing so, therefore we need to have someone in the team that offers something.

We are absolutely strapped for and I emphasise the point FIT strikers. Winnal is clearly miles off the pace but can probably do a job for maybe 45 minutes.

Fletcher is by far our most dangerous fit striker at the moment. Playing him off Nuhiu gives him a break from the battering he gets each week and he has shown he can play the second striker role, a bit like Conner Wickham at times did when on loan.

Boyd  has been a huge dissapointment as his 2 goals for us testify.

Mattias  you may have a case for, he runs in behind looking for the flick on but it makes us very one dimensional. He doesn't appear to have the tricks, pace or directness that Aaron's has.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NYowl said:

We are absolutely strapped for and I emphasise the point FIT strikers. Winnal is clearly miles off the pace but can probably do a job for maybe 45 minutes.

Fletcher is by far our most dangerous fit striker at the moment. Playing him off Nuhiu gives him a break from the battering he gets each week and he has shown he can play the second striker role, a bit like Conner Wickham at times did when on loan.

Boyd  has been a huge dissapointment as his 2 goals for us testify.

Mattias  you may have a case for, he runs in behind looking for the flick on but it makes us very one dimensional. He doesn't appear to have the tricks, pace or directness that Aaron's has.

Can’t disagree with any of that

9 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

You say Winnall’s clearly not ready, but we played miles better with him on. 

We did but I agree that he's got some work to do on fitness and getting that edge back (which we all know, and I'm sure he does)

We played better because the game totally bypassed Nuhiu and we had an extra player when he went off.  Sorry, but it's true.

Bruce understands the league and also I reckon he has  already sussed our strikers.

We have seen the limited play time Nuhiu has had under Bruce, he clearly doesn’t rate him. 

I can understand why, especially as he seeks to play a fast, high tempo style however as we saw at the end of last season Nuhiu can contribute given the right partners.

Last night was purely a selection based on the opponents and options he had. Nuhiu wouldn’t have started if we had been playing say, Brentford at home.

Winnall doesn’t look fit to start, Boyd was awful at Derby and Matias was probably viewed as not suitable for the battle required.

Any footballer is better playing regularly. Nuhui was at the end of last season. Thought he was poor last night, but he played a big part in the first goal and his height was useful at both ends.

He might play the first hour on Saturday for similar reasons as last night 

4 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Bruce understands the league and also I reckon he has  already sussed our strikers.

We have seen the limited play time Nuhiu has had under Bruce, he clearly doesn’t rate him. 

I can understand why, especially as he seeks to play a fast, high tempo style however as we saw at the end of last season Nuhiu can contribute given the right partners.

Last night was purely a selection based on the opponents and options he had. Nuhiu wouldn’t have started if we had been playing say, Brentford at home.

Winnall doesn’t look fit to start, Boyd was awful at Derby and Matias was probably viewed as not suitable for the battle required.

Any footballer is better playing regularly. Nuhui was at the end of last season. Thought he was poor last night, but he played a big part in the first goal and his height was useful at both ends.

Some good points there.

56 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

I really hope you are wrong about Nuhiu, the guy is below average at best. It would be interesting to see where he ended up if we just cut him loose.

2 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

He didn’t look match fit, but neither did Nuhiu. 

Suprised you dont see the potential in Winnall/Fletcher, considering how much you like strike pairings. Could be decent foil for each other.

Where did I say I don’t see the potential?

Im simply saying Winnall is nowhere near ready to start. 

After the break, so Stoke onwards, assuming it’s a straight pick between Matias, Winnall and Nuhiu as our only available forwards, AND ASSUMING HE IS THEN FULLY FIT, which he should be hopefully, I expect we will see a Fletcher/Winnall combo tried. And I think it could be highly effective.

It also leaves Nuhiu free to give Fletch some minutes off late in games.

10 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Where did I say I don’t see the potential?

Im simply saying Winnall is nowhere near ready to start. 

After the break, so Stoke onwards, assuming it’s a straight pick between Matias, Winnall and Nuhiu as our only available forwards, AND ASSUMING HE IS THEN FULLY FIT, which he should be hopefully, I expect we will see a Fletcher/Winnall combo tried. And I think it could be highly effective.

It also leaves Nuhiu free to give Fletch some minutes off late in games.

After last night, I’d say the same about Nuhiu. Looked way off the pace. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

After last night, I’d say the same about Nuhiu. Looked way off the pace. 

Some facts for balance. Nuhiu has done no worse than others in partnering Steve Thankgodwehaveyou Fletcher.

Our forwards’ records since Jos left:-

Joao - 460 minutes - 1 goal

Forestieri - 393 minutes - 1 goal

Matias - 510 minutes - 0 goal

Nuhiu - 233 minutes - 1 goal

Winnall - 91 minutes - 0 goal

Fletcher - 1100 minutes - 6 goals

Guest Ash76
3 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

You say Winnall’s clearly not ready, but we played miles better with him on. 

Do people really believe Winnall influenced the game to this extent and it wasn’t going 1 up just before the break? 

Comical 

30 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Do people really believe Winnall influenced the game to this extent and it wasn’t going 1 up just before the break? 

Comical 

Whatever it was, we played much better in the 2nd half with Winnall on the pitch. More energy, pressed higher, moved the ball well and created chances.

And what’s comical is how touchy some people get on here if you dare to highlight how poor Nuhiu played. 

It’s nothing personal and he’s had some great games at times, but he was dogger last night. 

Guest Ash76
56 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Whatever it was, we played much better in the 2nd half with Winnall on the pitch. More energy, pressed higher, moved the ball well and created chances.

And what’s comical is how touchy some people get on here if you dare to highlight how poor Nuhiu played. 

It’s nothing personal and he’s had some great games at times, but he was dogger last night. 

He wasn’t good but it was a difficult game for him in light of the conditions, windier the higher up you go ffs. 

He was was instrumental in our first goal though and therefore the 3 points 

On 09/03/2019 at 19:55, Ash76 said:

Not his biggest fan but acknowledge he gave us something different. Nuhiu caused them all sorts of problems too, happy enough if it’s them 2 on Tuesday night 

You aren't a fan of Winnall but would be happy Nuhiu starting, did you watch the game?

Nuhiu was awful and rightly pulled, offered nothing, just gave the ball away time and time again.

4 hours ago, oldishowl said:

Only Joao and Forestieri, when fit, and in the mood, would allow Bruce to play the fast tempo stuff he prefers All the others, while offering something different, slow us down. However, as you say, those are the players we currently have, and Bruce is juggling them well, as he aims for an unlikely play off place

1 hour ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

i think you’ll find that most of us that stick up for Nuhiu are the ones that stick up for any player that’s singled out for a hard time. I’m happy to listen to anybody’s argument about his merits but leave out the childish name calling.

There were some on the OMDT last night who were abusing him right from the kick off, wanted Winnall on after 3 minutes and their every post was about that. As soon as they’d got their way and Nuhiu was subbed they spent every single post on the second half patting themselves on the back and saying how brilliant we were with Winnall on. It’s an agenda and like all those that have one, they have to be proved right.

As far as I’m concerned you either trust Bruce to know what he’s doing with his team selections or you don’t. He picked him to play so get behind him. It’s looking like we’re going to need him over the next few weeks so some of you are going to have to suck it up.

Notice the difference in ‘ L1 standard at best ‘ Liam Palmer, since someone showed faith in him and people got off his back ?

• Like 2

Guest Ash76
3 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

You aren't a fan of Winnall but would be happy Nuhiu starting, did you watch the game?

Nuhiu was awful and rightly pulled, offered nothing, just gave the ball away time and time again.

Based on his performance at Derby yes