19 hours ago, Owls2k said:

The idea that Winnall has been mistreated is a complete myth.

Decent player but if everyone's fit he wouldn't get into the starting 11. I hope he grasps this opportunity thought.

Because all of our "strikers" can't stop banging them in can they?

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He may not be the most cultured footballer, but averaging a goal every 155 minutes of Championship football he's played so far is pretty decent.

Yes, he has a reasonable personal success rate, when it comes to goalscoring Doesn’t always translate into something that is necessarily good for the team There have been plenty of players who have built a career out of scoring consolation goals. I’m not suggesting Winnall is one of those, I haven’t studied how his goals have been scored. However, from what I’ve seen, he doesn’t strike me as the type of player who might take us forward.

11 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, he has a reasonable personal success rate, when it comes to goalscoring Doesn’t always translate into something that is necessarily good for the team There have been plenty of players who have built a career out of scoring consolation goals. I’m not suggesting Winnall is one of those, I haven’t studied how his goals have been scored. However, from what I’ve seen, he doesn’t strike me as the type of player who might take us forward.

Think you maybe right.

But let's hope you are totally wrong about this like you were about Fletcher not being able to lead the line for Bruce.

:Sid:

15 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

better than Nuhui..prob..Joao..and let's be honest Hooper,wev'e paid his wages all season for nowt

Just now, pazowl55 said:

Think you maybe right.

But let's hope you are totally wrong about this like you were about Fletcher not being able to lead the line for Bruce.

:Sid:

Sure, it’s just my personal opinion re Winnall, ditto my thoughts on Fletcher Still don’t regard Fletcher as the right person to lead the line, though to give him his due, he has upped his game recently. I think, come the summer, Bruce will definitely try to upgrade that position

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Sure, it’s just my personal opinion re Winnall, ditto my thoughts on Fletcher Still don’t regard Fletcher as the right person to lead the line, though to give him his due, he has upped his game recently. I think, come the summer, Bruce will definitely try to upgrade that position

I dunno he will be able to afford to. And Fletcher along with Palmer are probably changing any ideas Bruce may of had about them not being up to the job he asks of them.

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

I dunno he will be able to afford to. And Fletcher along with Palmer are probably changing any ideas Bruce may of had about them not being up to the job he asks of them.

Yeah, agree, players can and do sometimes improve. I’d be happy enough for Fletcher to be part of our squad going forward, and Palmer has now nailed the right back slot. Think if we continue to play just the one up front, then I’d like it to be someone more mobile, and more prolific. Fletcher comes into play, when we need to change things, and maybe go with two up top

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He may not be the most cultured footballer, but averaging a goal every 155 minutes of Championship football he's played so far is pretty decent.

Proven striker at this level , with a better strike record than most of our other strikers. 

14 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Same could be said about Rhodes. Do u reckon if we played both upfront they may score 30 but we get relegated? 

Edited by DuttyTeabags
Rhodes