27 minutes ago, NYowl said:

FF as he has been for most of the last 2.5 seasons is unavailable or not in the right mood. 

If all were fit Nuhiu  is probably our 6th choice striker behind Hooper, Fletcher, FF, Joao and Winnal, you need to take hate filled Nuhiu glasses off and give it a rest.

Well thats the one thing Nuhiu does have going for him. He is rarely unavailable unlike a lengthy list of others

9 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Less than Boyd in that role?

Less than a clearly not ready Winnall?

Less than Joao who has been poor recently?

Less than FF who has done very little up front?

We have one forward performing right now. We shouldn’t single Nuhiu out as especially ineffective. The second striker role is the one question-mark we have at present. Every other shirt is nailed on.

I wasn’t the only one - the star has him down at a 5 and everyone else 7 or above.

im not a nuhiu hater - he was rubbish last night though.

I’m happy to see us play with two proper strikers. Whether that be a fully fit Nuhiu or a clearly half fit Winnall is up for grabs.

Im defending Nuhiu. He wasn’t great but he played a big role in the opener and gave Fletcher extra room. Happy too with the impact Winnall had. He was weak on the ball but hardly surprising after so long out. And he was puffing like a steam engine after only 20 minutes. But his positioning for Aarons’ pull-back was the sign of an instinctive goal-scorer.

But the anti-Nuhiu stuff is plain daft guys. His current competition to be Fletcher’s partner are a half-fit Winnall and Matias. We need him. And Christ how we would need him if Fletch gets crocked. How lightweight and ineffective were we when we had Winnall and Matias on towards the end!,

Get behind him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I’m happy to see us play with two proper strikers. Whether that be a fully fit Nuhiu or a clearly half fit Winnall is up for grabs.

Im defending Nuhiu. He wasn’t great but he played a big role in the opener and gave Fletcher extra room. Happy too with the impact Winnall had. He was weak on the ball but hardly surprising after so long out. And he was puffing like a steam engine after only 20 minutes. But his positioning for Aarons’ pull-back was the sign of an instinctive goal-scorer.

But the anti-Nuhiu stuff is plain daft guys. His current competition to be Fletcher’s partner are a half-fit Winnall and Matias. We need him. And Christ how we would need him if Fletch gets crocked. How lightweight and ineffective were we when we had Winnall and Matias on towards the end!,

Get behind him.

I don’t care who plays as long as they play well so there’s no anti anyone from my side

Unfortunately Nuhiu has been atrocious all season and it appears that the end of last season was either a complete fluke or he decided to turn it on to get a new contract 

When he plays, as with Boyd, we may as well be playing with 10 men. With the need to press as a team he completely lets the side down as the opposition just walk round him. He gives away needless free kicks and constantly loses the ball.

I’d love it if he could turn it on again like he did last season but he’s showing no signs of doing so, therefore we need to have someone in the team that offers something.

5 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Hope Winnall gets a start on Saturday and gets a goal, that's all he needs a run of games and a few goals.

Doesn’t look remotely close to being fit to start.

20 minutes v Blackburn. Care and rest through the international break. Hopefully firing fit for the run-in from Stoke away on 30th March.

1 minute ago, EcclesallOwl said:

I don’t care who plays as long as they play well so there’s no anti anyone from my side

Unfortunately Nuhiu has been atrocious all season and it appears that the end of last season was either a complete fluke or he decided to turn it on to get a new contract 

When he plays, as with Boyd, we may as well be playing with 10 men. With the need to press as a team he completely lets the side down as the opposition just walk round him. He gives away needless free kicks and constantly loses the ball.

I’d love it if he could turn it on again like he did last season but he’s showing no signs of doing so, therefore we need to have someone in the team that offers something.

So who would you play alongside Fletcher?

Just now, EcclesallOwl said:

Winnall ideally. Matias if needs be but purely because he can run a lot. Boyd as a last resort. 

Winnall’s clearly not ready.

So Boyd before Nuhiu? 

Not for me. I want to see two proper strikers v Blackburn and Stoke. Happy with Nuhiu or Matias if they are the only two fit.

Just now, Holmowl said:

Winnall’s clearly not ready.

So Boyd before Nuhiu? 

Not for me. I want to see two proper strikers v Blackburn and Stoke. Happy with Nuhiu or Matias if they are the only two fit.

He’ll be ready soon enough.

Boyd gives us the option to drop into one of the wings and put Aarons or Reach further forward. As I said, last resort. Purely because of how I’ve seen Nuhiu play this season. 

That being said, if Bruce trusts Nuhiu and starts him again on Saturday, that’s good enough for me. 

18 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Doesn’t look remotely close to being fit to start.

20 minutes v Blackburn. Care and rest through the international break. Hopefully firing fit for the run-in from Stoke away on 30th March.

he has been in full training for over 3 months ,played a few 90 mins for u23s its only minutes playing for 1st team what will get him sharper ,for his sake though he probably needs to get games now as in 2-3 weeks hooper,joao,forestieri might be fit,though I have low hopes of that.

Guest Ash76

Wednesday fans never learn. Clamour for Rhodes singing for years based solely on his goals, failure. Now want an unfit player straight in based purely on his goals per minute ratio

I don't rate Winnall. Not strong enough, awful first touch and not particularly quick either. Having said that given a choice between him and Rhodes he wins hands down

59 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

He’ll be ready soon enough.

Boyd gives us the option to drop into one of the wings and put Aarons or Reach further forward. As I said, last resort. Purely because of how I’ve seen Nuhiu play this season. 

That being said, if Bruce trusts Nuhiu and starts him again on Saturday, that’s good enough for me. 

it is clear we need much,much better,without Fletcher this season we would be nowhere near the play offs