Guest Grez Bez
12 hours ago, roundhayowl said:

Based on what? Other than a shot on goal in a good move Winnall did little when he came on. I thought Nuhiu did quite well (bar the first 20 where we were a it lackluster full stop) - his link up play was very good, especially for the first goal.

He gives us more movement up top and creates spaces for Fletcher. There's a reason two big lads up front isn't common.

He did well for the goal.

18 hours ago, LSOwls said:

He gives us more movement up top and creates spaces for Fletcher. There's a reason two big lads up front isn't common.

He did well for the goal.

Don’t get me wrong - I’m not against Winnall. It’s just clear Wednesday fans have a vendetta against Nuhiu.

I thought Winnal did well on Tuesday. My mate thinks he hardly did anything. 

Thought his link up play at times was really good. A couple of first time passes into Bannan and all of a sudden we were on the counter. If that was Nuhui he’d be wrestling with the defender trying to shield the ball, take a few touches, then lay it off. It makes a massive difference having someone with a good touch and good movement.

25 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

I thought Winnal did well on Tuesday. My mate thinks he hardly did anything. 

Thought his link up play at times was really good. A couple of first time passes into Bannan and all of a sudden we were on the counter. If that was Nuhui he’d be wrestling with the defender trying to shield the ball, take a few touches, then lay it off. It makes a massive difference having someone with a good touch and good movement.

Did you not see our first goal?

Nuhiu, first touch sweet ball to Bannan.

On 13/03/2019 at 11:36, NYowl said:

We are absolutely strapped for and I emphasise the point FIT strikers. Winnal is clearly miles off the pace but can probably do a job for maybe 45 minutes.

Fletcher is by far our most dangerous fit striker at the moment. Playing him off Nuhiu gives him a break from the battering he gets each week and he has shown he can play the second striker role, a bit like Conner Wickham at times did when on loan.

Boyd  has been a huge dissapointment as his 2 goals for us testify.

Mattias  you may have a case for, he runs in behind looking for the flick on but it makes us very one dimensional. He doesn't appear to have the tricks, pace or directness that Aaron's has.

Boyd isnt a striker though, hes a midfielder. Still not up to it either way

18 hours ago, roundhayowl said:

Don’t get me wrong - I’m not against Winnall. It’s just clear Wednesday fans have a vendetta against Nuhiu.

A vendetta?......or perhaps they’ve just seen him in all his 218 appearances for us and would struggle to name the 18 as games where he’s looked half decent