Utd tickets

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

As I said, it's a fairly short-sighted business plan.

The attempt to push as many fans as possible to become season ticket holders has had the desired short-term effect.

What happens to our next generation of support as a result remains to be seen.

Why assume this hasn't increased the next level of support?

2 hours ago, torres said:

I'm not saying it's the right way at all - i'm just sating you can see some logic behind the madness.

I don't agree with the ''season ticket holders get a great deal'' part however. I think we are in the top 3 most expensive season tickets (i believe the concession tickets are good however)

I would still reduce all adult season tickets to £15 per game for the Kop, £18 for the North and £20 for the South.

Put it in the hands of the supporters.

I understand you're not condoning Chansiri's choices - I'm just questioning how great the logic of it is as a long-term business plan, as I feel it's likely to erode our potential fanbase in years to come.

As far as season tickets being a great deal, I meant in comparison to non-season tickets at Hillsborough rather than in comparison to other clubs. There's no question that supporting Wednesday is an expensive hobby when weighed up against most other Championship clubs...which is another reason why I worry about the long-term sustainability of our fanbase.

5 minutes ago, torres said:

Why assume this hasn't increased the next level of support?

Maybe increasing prices across the board has helped to build our fanbase for the future. We'll have to wait and see, but I suspect not.

I just know that the days of being at a loose end on a Saturday and making a last-minute decision to head to Hillsborough with a group of mates seem to be fading fast. The floating fans will either stay at home, choose a cheaper way to watch football, or find something else to do with their time and money.

Once the club are appealing solely to the hardcore season ticket holders and nobody else, there will only be that group of supporters left to squeeze dry, and that'll be when season ticket prices have to start edging up...

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I understand you're not condoning Chansiri's choices - I'm just questioning how great the logic of it is as a long-term business plan, as I feel it's likely to erode our potential fanbase in years to come.

As far as season tickets being a great deal, I meant in comparison to non-season tickets at Hillsborough rather than in comparison to other clubs. There's no question that supporting Wednesday is an expensive hobby when weighed up against most other Championship clubs...which is another reason why I worry about the long-term sustainability of our fanbase.

Following Wednesday is a ridiculously expensive hobby (seems more like paying to go to work rather than a hobby at times!)

The ticket prices DC has set for both season tickets and non season tickets are horrific.

I'm ashamed of our club for having these prices - in my opinion there is no excuse for the amount we have to pay.

However i can see his logic in making POTG so stupid and therefore making season tickets ''seem'' good value  - because i personally think you get more long term fans who are on the season ticket track than getting the 3 or 4 game a seasoners to attend.

Once you have a season ticket  - the relationship grows, you become more attached, you are more hooked, sometimes you get to know the people round you, it becomes more social - you don't want to give your seat up

Once you have a season ticket i think you are more than likely to renew. If they keep adding 200-300 new ones every season then 23,24,25k season ticket holders would be brilliant 

The trouble is the starting price is £100 too much currently in my opinion. 

30 minutes ago, torres said:

Maybe you're right then. I might be over estimating our actual support.

I just find it a bit weird that people are willing to travel half the length of the country, at relatively huge expense to something they are not that fussed about.

Its because it was either a weekend away, overnight trip, day out wee wee up, or one of those 'I was there' occasions. The hype and build up will have sold it. 

Brentford at home on a Tuesday night when it's freezing cold, raining, and you've been at work all day doesn't really have the same appeal does it. 

2 minutes ago, torres said:

Following Wednesday is a ridiculously expensive hobby (seems more like paying to go to work rather than a hobby at times!)

The ticket prices DC has set for both season tickets and non season tickets are horrific.

I'm ashamed of our club for having these prices - in my opinion there is no excuse for the amount we have to pay.

However i can see his logic in making POTG so stupid and therefore making season tickets ''seem'' good value  - because i personally think you get more long term fans who are on the season ticket track than getting the 3 or 4 game a seasoners to attend.

Once you have a season ticket  - the relationship grows, you become more attached, you are more hooked, sometimes you get to know the people round you, it becomes more social - you don't want to give your seat up

Once you have a season ticket i think you are more than likely to renew. If they keep adding 200-300 new ones every season then 23,24,25k season ticket holders would be brilliant 

Problem being is when you start the journey to being a week in week out supporter, it doesn't normally start with a season ticket. It starts by going along with your mates/parents/family member as a treat, you catch the bug, and booooom, you then end up being a long suffering season ticket holder!

2 minutes ago, Womble Owl said:

Its because it was either a weekend away, overnight trip, day out wee wee up, or one of those 'I was there' occasions. The hype and build up will have sold it. 

Brentford at home on a Tuesday night when it's freezing cold, raining, and you've been at work all day doesn't really have the same appeal does it. 

No excuse with weather tomorrow, record breaking temperature possible tomorrow 19+ degrees and zero chance of rain. 

It's not only the price of the season ticket either is it. Travel, food, drink, fags if you smoke, a bet, programme, it all adds up.

My Mrs says to me "well you don't have to go to the pub before the game, have dinner at home before you leave and drive", but it's not only the game, it's the going to the pub etc that makes the match day experience. 

35 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

As I said, it's a fairly short-sighted business plan.

The attempt to push as many fans as possible to become season ticket holders has had the desired short-term effect.

What happens to our next generation of support as a result remains to be seen.

At a £1 a game for kids st's.  I 'd say we're more than looking after future generations.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, torres said:

I can see the logic in what you're saying; I'm just not sure it works that way in reality.

I'd imagine a lot of season ticket holders started off as pay on the day fans who tagged along with family or friends, then started going more regularly and it snowballed from there. With our current pricing structure, we're almost cutting off that route into supporting our club entirely. 

We'll just have to wait and see how things play out in the coming decades, I suppose.

7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

We'll just have to wait and see how things play out in the coming decades, I suppose.

Long term I suspect Mr Chansiri is expecting us to be a Premier League club, therefore we won't have such a problem as the stadium will sell out every week (and the club won't really need gate receipt money).

Not a plan I'd risk to be honest.