Utd tickets

11 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

And the POTG is probably the lowest. 

This is the problem, going back 10 years, we had about 12,000 season ticket holders and about 10,000 who would pay in advance or on the gate, which is a huge figure in comparison to now. We probably have less than 2,000 people buying in advance or on the gate on average this season. I remember it being £17 on the gate under Laws, it’s now double that. That’s the problem.

4 minutes ago, Castleford Owl said:

This is the problem, going back 10 years, we had about 12,000 season ticket holders and about 10,000 who would pay in advance or on the gate, which is a huge figure in comparison to now. We probably have less than 2,000 people buying in advance or on the gate on average this season. I remember it being £17 on the gate under Laws, it’s now double that. That’s the problem.

So we got 22k before and we get 22k now.

The positive now is that the club have 20k season ticket holders money upfront  - isnt that a better model?

12 minutes ago, torres said:

The positive now is that the club have 20k season ticket holders money upfront  - isnt that a better model?

No because this means our crowds have stagnated where as virtually all other clubs have increased.

26 minutes ago, torres said:

I think it just shows that the vast majority of people who used to pay on the gate have bought season tickets due to being priced out on the day. Whilst I agree it’s a positive in terms of revenue, we aren’t really attracting new fans.

24 minutes ago, torres said:

Short term maybe, long term probably not.

I'm sure we have 1000's of supporters who will have been taken to a few games here and there, and fell in love with the club, and became lifelong supporters. Not many parents will shell out POTG prices or buy a season ticket for a few games for their children, which will result in more and more younger generations "supporting" Man Utd, Man CIty, etc or being Wednesday fans later in life, but not having that extra commitment to going to games week in week out.

Just now, Castleford Owl said:

I think it just shows that the vast majority of people who used to pay on the gate have bought season tickets due to being priced out on the day. Whilst I agree it’s a positive in terms of revenue, we aren’t really attracting new fans.

We had 35k for the Arsenal match

We sold out for our play off games 

We sold 40k+ for wembley 

There are a fair number of new ''fans'' there i'd say. 

I think we just have to be realistic and say that we have 22k excellent supporters and the rest will turn up for an occasion. I just assumed next Monday would be one of those ''occasions''.

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Putting aside the ethics of 'fleecing' our supporters, it's a fairly short-sighted business plan, isn't it?

The season ticket holders get a great deal for now, but those who either can't or don't want to commit to one are pushed further and further away from the club they support, meaning that our chances of attracting new season ticket holders dwindles with every passing year. Once the chairman is left with a hardcore group of ageing season ticket holders and little else, he'll only have one place to turn should he want to continue 'fleecing' our fans...

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

And yet season ticket sales have increased massively since DC took over to the highest level in my life time?

I have recently posted that I think one way of tying in more people would be to have a half season ticket based on games attended rather than time.  Many supporters as evidenced in replies here cannot attend every game for many varied reasons.  While this is a novel way forward it would commit more fans to the club, which seems to be one of their objectives

44 minutes ago, torres said:

We had 35k for the Arsenal match

We sold out for our play off games 

We sold 40k+ for wembley 

There are a fair number of new ''fans'' there i'd say. 

I think we just have to be realistic and say that we have 22k excellent supporters and the rest will turn up for an occasion. I just assumed next Monday would be one of those ''occasions''.

Not at a rip off price.

5 minutes ago, torres said:

Wembley????

To be fair, Wednesday have nothing to do with prices for Wembley.

Also, there will have been plenty who went who don't support Wednesday - went with their Wednesday mates/partner/family for the occasion and a weekend in London. Wouldn't use that game to guage our supporters (same with Cardiff in 2005).

1 hour ago, Lombado said:

Does anyone know how to get a Seniors season ticket changed to a normal Adult?

Is this possible?

I have tried calling the ticket office but no-one is home....

I sometimes upgrade a junior to an adult at the ticket office. Obviously, you have to pay the difference but i've never had any hassle doing this. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

To be fair, Wednesday have nothing to do with prices for Wembley.

Also, there will have been plenty who went who don't support Wednesday - went with their Wednesday mates/partner/family for the occasion and a weekend in London. Wouldn't use that game to guage our supporters (same with Cardiff in 2005).

I know Wednesday don't set the prices! My point was it was a rip off, yet we managed to get 42k going.

Yes we got mums, wives etc but not 25 thousands worth!

They have for me previously on several occasions. Queues can be lengthy though so give yourself plenty of time or try to sort it on a day prior to the match. I'm not sure if it can be done over the phone instead but it is probably worth calling them again. 

5 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

I don't know! Reckon half the people I know who went would need directions to get to Hillsborough!

Maybe you're right then. I might be over estimating our actual support.

I just find it a bit weird that people are willing to travel half the length of the country, at relatively huge expense to something they are not that fussed about.

2 hours ago, Plonk said:

And yet season ticket sales have increased massively since DC took over to the highest level in my life time?

As I said, it's a fairly short-sighted business plan.

The attempt to push as many fans as possible to become season ticket holders has had the desired short-term effect.

What happens to our next generation of support as a result remains to be seen.