Utd tickets

7 hours ago, torres said:

I would love a big crowd there. Sheffield is a massive footballing city and to have less than 30k there wouldn’t be befitting of the occasion.

Up to the non season ticket holders. Not convinced they are that bothered - which is disappointing on a variety of levels  

I'm bothered. I'm bothered by the fkin price of  2 tickets plus 20 for diesel.

UTO

Just now, torres said:

Honest question 

Do you go on a regular basis? 

Barely missed a home game for 15y, then a ST holder for 8 y until moved away from Sheffield

That was 15y ago and since then usually see 10-12 games a season.

DC's antics with local radio left a sour taste.

I can afford it, but don't like being taken for a mug.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Barely missed a home game for 15y, then a ST holder for 8 y until moved away from Sheffield

That was 15y ago and since then usually see 10-12 games a season.

DC's antics with local radio left a sour taste.

I can afford it, but don't like being taken for a mug.

I agree DC is cretinous but this is a one off game - one game to bite the bullet and put his nonsense to one side 

Get to the game pal and support us against the piglets 

3 minutes ago, torres said:

I agree DC is cretinous but this is a one off game - one game to bite the bullet and put his nonsense to one side 

Get to the game pal and support us against the piglets 

Fair points but I won't be spending my hard earned again at S6 this season. Followed em blind for too long, a bit wiser now. 

I'll be back, in September. But still want them to do well, especially against my old mate Wilder.

4 hours ago, Plonk said:

So it’s 20 quid on Tuesday isn’t it? Will it be a sell out. No chance. People pick and chose. It’s life. If you want to go you pay. If you don’t you don’t. I get fed up of the constant whinging about prices but then when it’s cheap nobody bothers because it’s crap opposition ( I go to watch Wednesday) it’s too cold ( buy a coat) it’s raining ( buy an umbrella) etc etc. 

Did you not notice the highest attendance we’ve had this season was against Birmingham when the tickets were reasonably priced?

We’re never going to sell out Tuesday night games but if the tickets were priced correctly we’d be pushing 30,000 for most 3 o clock games

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Did you not notice the highest attendance we’ve had this season was against Birmingham when the tickets were reasonably priced?

We’re never going to sell out Tuesday night games but if the tickets were priced correctly we’d be pushing 30,000 for most 3 o clock games

Birmingham was New Year’s Day wasn’t it? Nothing to do with the price, just tradition.

Edited by bigsheff

9 minutes ago, bigsheff said:

Birmingham was New Year’s Day wasn’t it? Nothing to do with the price, just tradition.

You think there’d have been nearly 30,000 there if the tickets were priced as they are for the pigs game?

Leeds is the only other game this season when we’ve had more than 25,000 there 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nilsson said:

You think there’d have been nearly 30,000 there if the tickets were priced as they are for the pigs game?

And therein lies the problem! Our fanbase is made up of around 24K die hards (at best) and the odd few thousand arm chair fans who choose the big games (no criticism intended) We haven't averaged 30K for over 50 years and won't do again until we reach the PL .

7 hours ago, nilsson said:

There was only 25k there because Leeds sold both tiers 

Whatever the reason - our non season ticket support has been extremely poor 

Just now, torres said:

There was only 25k there because Leeds sold both tiers 

Whatever the reason - our non season ticket support has been extremely poor 

Because the tickets seem start at £33 on the kop on average. 

Not paying £39 for the united game, no chance, so I'm going to the Brentford game instead, £20 all round. 

1 hour ago, Bulldog said:

And therein lies the problem! Our fanbase is made up of around 24K die hards (at best) and the odd few thousand arm chair fans who choose the big games (no criticism intended) We haven't averaged 30K for over 50 years and won't do again until we reach the PL .

You are correct. We have around 20-22k supporters and another 20k that will turn up for a big day out 

Does that make DC’s policy a good strategic one?

The season ticket holder can get every game on the Kop for less than £20 

Then fleece the flakey ones for as much as possible!

Im not saying it’s right but you can understand his thinking looking back at statistics 

The attendances were up when we were winning, people want to see a side that is likely to win - not rocket science. So when they're not winning and the atmosphere is dour (as per the JL regime) people are less like to put their hands in their pocket to fork out the prices being asked. The stats are clear, when we are going well people will come in their numbers even if prices are high comparatively - DCs first two seasons are testament to that.

ive had periods when I have picked and chosen my games when I didn't live local and when we were in League 1, not really much to do with prices more to do with the football being played and the time needed to travel. I don't blame anyone that has to travel any kind of distance for questioning why they are spending money on high ticket prices and the cost of the travel not to mention the potentially hours taken up over a weekend - there is a limit.

38 minutes ago, torres said:

You are correct. We have around 20-22k supporters and another 20k that will turn up for a big day out 

Does that make DC’s policy a good strategic one?

The season ticket holder can get every game on the Kop for less than £20 

Then fleece the flakey ones for as much as possible!

Im not saying it’s right but you can understand his thinking looking back at statistics 

Putting aside the ethics of 'fleecing' our supporters, it's a fairly short-sighted business plan, isn't it?

The season ticket holders get a great deal for now, but those who either can't or don't want to commit to one are pushed further and further away from the club they support, meaning that our chances of attracting new season ticket holders dwindles with every passing year. Once the chairman is left with a hardcore group of ageing season ticket holders and little else, he'll only have one place to turn should he want to continue 'fleecing' our fans...

Would dearly love to be there on Monday night but it’s just too far to travel from Cornwall. Can’t even make a weekend of it as it’s on Monday night, so I’m resigned to buying a sky pass for the evening. I’m not sure how much it would all cost really, at least £60 in diesel, three tickets £80 - £100, tram fare from Halfway to Hillsborough plus incidentals. Thing is you can’t rely on getting there on time on our motorway network at present, it could all go boobies up, and you end up sat in a queue for hours! Ironically, I’ve just driven from Geneva to Calais, 500+ miles without one traffic problem.( As soon as you reach the port however, 2hours to clear two border checks and ticketing...God knows how long that will take after Brexit). I hope it is a fullish house though, over 30,000 would be a great crowd. It will happen if we get a result against Brentford on Tuesday night and get a bit of momentum going. Rest assured I will be spending the Monday night screaming at the TV in between gulps of ale.;-)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Putting aside the ethics of 'fleecing' our supporters, it's a fairly short-sighted business plan, isn't it?

The season ticket holders get a great deal for now, but those who either can't or don't want to commit to one are pushed further and further away from the club they support, meaning that our chances of attracting new season ticket holders dwindles with every passing year. Once the chairman is left with a hardcore group of ageing season ticket holders and little else, he'll only have one place to turn should he want to continue 'fleecing' our fans...

I'm not saying it's the right way at all - i'm just sating you can see some logic behind the madness.

I don't agree with the ''season ticket holders get a great deal'' part however. I think we are in the top 3 most expensive season tickets (i believe the concession tickets are good however)

I would still reduce all adult season tickets to £15 per game for the Kop, £18 for the North and £20 for the South.

Put it in the hands of the supporters.

46 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

And yet season ticket sales have increased massively since DC took over to the highest level in my life time?