The shadow of The Blades

I like the way they completely make up "facts" about Wednesday. One of the simpletons on their board has come up with the "fact" that no Wednesdayite under the age of 70 has ever seen Wednesday be top of any division after 10 games, which obviously they now all believe.

Which means that despite being a quarter of a century younger than 70, I must have dreamed 83/84 and 90/91 when we were top after 10 games having won 8 and drawn 2 on each occasion. 

• Like 1

I lost a bet and went to watch them on Saturday.

They were very good. Calm when not in possession. Full of intent, pace and skill when attacking.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they win the league.

On a brighter note I attended with an old friend who is a Tottenham supporter.

His main observations:  “are all united supporters scrubbers?” “why do they sing/talk about Wednesday all the time?” “ do they know anything other than swear words?”

Answer: Cos they are scrubbers and they are obsessed with us! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

I like the way they completely make up "facts" about Wednesday. One of the simpletons on their board has come up with the "fact" that no Wednesdayite under the age of 70 has ever seen Wednesday be top of any division after 10 games, which obviously they now all believe.

Which means that despite being a quarter of a century younger than 70, I must have dreamed 83/84 and 90/91 when we were top after 10 games having won 8 and drawn 2 on each occasion. 

I saw john Ritchie head us to the top of the league with the winner at the lane and we were still top after 13 games …..went a bit pear shape after that though as we finished 4th from bottom …….i'm not 70 either . 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rogers said:

Hoping West Brom will put a run together and pip Leeds and United; and they play each other in the play offs. 

I've said WBA will win it since August and I still think they will. It will be WBA and Norwich, much to the delight of you lot no doubt.

WBA have been inconsistent, but it only takes a run of 4 or 5 wins

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BigBlueDan said:

They're head and shoulders above us, and have been before. Our time will come again, might take years, until then what can you do?

And any Wednesdayite who says they're not bothered, it just comes across as mardy, wanting the pigs to lose is part of being a Wednesdayite

Totally agree. Living in a 2-club city creates the rivalry. If you're "not bothered" what the other is doing, then you're the type that thinks March 4th is "just another game".

Heard a bloke in pub on Saturday talking to his mates saying how big a chance of promotion we have. One replied with - "I don't care what happens now unless we stuff the pigs. We've had a great season regardless" :wacko:

If someone said to me now I can only pick one - Promotion or Win at Hillsborough. It's promotion every time. Otherwise what is the point of football? It's about getting as high as possible and being successful.

7 minutes ago, Class of 91 said:

I've said WBA will win it since August and I still think they will. It will be WBA and Norwich, much to the delight of you lot no doubt.

WBA have been inconsistent, but it only takes a run of 4 or 5 wins

Baggies are good going forward but their defence is all over the place at times. Leeds will blow up. Norwich are very similar to Wolves last season and I can't see them being stopped. 

Unfortunately as the chinese have already declared this is the year of the pig.

Guest LittleG

Of course I want United to lose when they play but to say I'm bothered about their results and position, I'm not. I'm not liar, I'm not match and I'm from Sheffield. The only thing relevant to me is Wednesdays form and results; if we get it right on the pitch it doesn't matter what the other lot do. There's too many owls now becoming obsessed about them. If the boot was on the other foot and we were up at the top and they were struggling, the general feeling on here would be forget about the blades, their results are irrevant.  This is what we need to do now, they're doing well but let's focus on Wednesday.

Guest LittleG
Just now, LittleG said:

Of course I want United to lose when they play but to say I'm bothered about their results and position, I'm not. I'm not liar, I'm not match and I'm from Sheffield. The only thing relevant to me is Wednesdays form and results; if we get it right on the pitch it doesn't matter what the other lot do. There's too many owls now becoming obsessed about them. If the boot was on the other foot and we were up at the top and they were struggling, the general feeling on here would be forget about the blades, their results are irrevant.  This is what we need to do now, they're doing well but let's focus on Wednesday.

Match should say mardy.

15 minutes ago, Class of 91 said:

Totally agree. Living in a 2-club city creates the rivalry. If you're "not bothered" what the other is doing, then you're the type that thinks March 4th is "just another game".

Heard a bloke in pub on Saturday talking to his mates saying how big a chance of promotion we have. One replied with - "I don't care what happens now unless we stuff the pigs. We've had a great season regardless" :wacko:

If someone said to me now I can only pick one - Promotion or Win at Hillsborough. It's promotion every time. Otherwise what is the point of football? It's about getting as high as possible and being successful.

That’s the thought some of your lot had in 2012-2013 when you were 45 pts ahead of us and it didn’t matter if you lost. 

You’re right, its all about promotion and we swap places with you if it meant losing the derby. 

To be fair you’ve got a good chance this season; but as we’ve found out, if you don’t take your chances then the season after can be totally different.