The shadow of The Blades

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

This is what EVERY f.ooker is REALLY worried about....

We are treading sodding water waiting for United to tip up at Hillsborough.

I dunno if its affecting the players, but I reckon its affecting the fanbase.

The fact that they are in the position we wanted to be, the fact that we are waiting for it to to "Blow up" and its showing no signs?

Get yer f.ookin' act together...

The Sheffield Derby is a one off..it bucks most trends..Its a parochial battle you have to be ready for...

Our season has gone in a puff of rancid flatulent nonsense....

But we can still help to f.ook theirs up...

Get on it Brucie...Its the least we deserve!

I think it certainly affects the fanbase.  We're already frustrated that we nearly reached the promised land 3 years ago & the expectation was that we'd continue the flowing football & get to the Premier sooner rather than later.

Unfortunately successive seasons of poor recruitment while spending millions as left us no nearer the Premier then we were under Milan.  

That frustration had been compounded by the Pigs rise in fortunes & currently a very good chance of reaching the Premier before us, playing similar football to our first season under Carlos, but with drastically less financial outlay & their fans paying much less than us for the privelidge of watching it.

Our frustration is showing on matchdays, we're quicker to get on players backs for underperforming or making a mistake, booing the team off if we've not won. During the Wembley season we got behind the team & players no matter what, we don't currently.  So indirectly it might be affecting the players but I'm not sure the current lot care enough for it to affect them directly.

I really couldn’t give a flying f**k what the pigs do. They are an irrelevance and quite insignificant. They will always be the second club in Sheffield. Everyone knows it.

What I most want to see is Bruce breaking up this squad of over paid prima donnas and having a huge rebuild so we can go again. I’ve had enough of watching this crap and as fans we deserve better.

12 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

I saw a blade today, I knew he was a blade from the tattoo on his neck.

I was in the tesco that used to be the Beehive pub near Wisewood.

He walked in, looked round to see if anyone was looking (Didn't look hard enough because I was staring at him), took a bottle of plonk from one of the aisles, not even a refrigerated one and then walked straight out.

He had a bit of a shadow going off, looked like he'd not shaved for a week.

btw, true story - happened today at around 11:30.

I presume you wrestled him to the ground, retrieved the bottle of wine and turned him in to the authorities?

• Haha 1

If they go up, they play the type of football that will keep them up, they’ll be the next Bournemouth. I hate Chris Wilder with a passion but he’s a very good manager. Let’s just hope West Brom get their act together and Pigs bottle the playoffs. Then Everton sack Silva and offer Wilder the £40k a week he seeks

Chris wilder is a complete bell but my god hes a manager on a different level. With the team they have, with a different manager in charge, they'd struggle to be in the position we're in. Regardless of whether he gets them up this year, he should be a premier league manager next season with someone. I'd be bricking it if I was a blade at the thought of that. 

12 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

After our match yesterday a Rotherham fan drove past and shouted ‘United are winning 2-0 ha ha’.

Weird.

I was in Rotherham yesterday picking up my wife in a central car park. Listening to the commentary in the car as injury time panned out. Had a great time, caught Ronnie Moore's prophecy and then two mins later millers fans who left early came trudging through the car park, staring at their phones in disbelief, pain etched in their faces. I was weeing myself inside. They'd just been massived!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ka58 said:

I’m worried about them going up and leaving us behind forever with the money now on offer in the premier league 

I think (as would most people) that we will start next season in the same league as Huddersfield. Despite them have the so called Premier League riches at their disposal, would you have particular fear about playing them? 

I have come to terms with the idea of Leeds and Blunts going up together because it means we will not have to play them. I would rather get our own s h i t together for next season, get the deadwood off the books and have another go at promotion without having to play derby games. They are a distraction and nerve wracking affairs and I for one couldn't care less if we can avoid them.

6 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I think (as would most people) that we will start next season in the same league as Huddersfield. Despite them have the so called Premier League riches at their disposal, would you have particular fear about playing them? 

I have come to terms with the idea of Leeds and Blunts going up together because it means we will not have to play them. I would rather get our own s h i t together for next season, get the deadwood off the books and have another go at promotion without having to play derby games. They are a distraction and nerve wracking affairs and I for one couldn't care less if we can avoid them.

I wasn’t talking about Huddersfield.

Edited by ka58