The shadow of The Blades

Guest Kameron

Other than when we’re in the same division playing em twice a season, who seriously gives a f o ok what they’re doing?.  Our current predicament is because we’ve not improved the squad for two seasons, the problem is that players know what’s coming, many will be out of the door and it’s not before time, hopefully we’ll get rid of every single one of em and start again.  We’re too slow, lack pace, strength and are predictable.

1 minute ago, ka58 said:

I wasn’t talking about Huddersfield.

I know that but I used them as an example of the PL money myth. Clubs get all of this money for being there but then it has to be factored in the associated losses. The Blunts have been in the PL more recently than us but, in the end, that counted for nothing from a financial perspective. We should concentrate on what we can control. Learn from them and mount a promotion challenge on a realistic, sustainable budget.

3 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I know that but I used them as an example of the PL money myth. Clubs get all of this money for being there but then it has to be factored in the associated losses. The Blunts have been in the PL more recently than us but, in the end, that counted for nothing from a financial perspective. We should concentrate on what we can control. Learn from them and mount a promotion challenge on a realistic, sustainable budget.

It’s not a myth.

Using your example do you think Huddersfield will be a stronger proposition as a club next season. 

1 minute ago, ka58 said:

It’s not a myth.

Using your example do you think Huddersfield will be a stronger proposition as a club next season. 

Obviously, I cannot say with any degree of certainty but I suspect Huddersfield will eventually drop into League One before they mount another Premier League promotion push. Clubs like Newcastle get the bouncebackability. Stoke and WBA are showing that having the PL money is not everything.

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

Obviously, I cannot say with any degree of certainty but I suspect Huddersfield will eventually drop into League One before they mount another Premier League promotion push. Clubs like Newcastle get the bouncebackability. Stoke and WBA are showing that having the PL money is not everything.

What about wolves Bournemouth Brighton Burnley Etc

Just now, ka58 said:

What about wolves Bournemouth Brighton Burnley Etc

Wolves, Bournemouth and Brighton started in the same position to ourselves. They got the external investment and benefited from it. That is what we should be trying to emulate though each have put themselves in a perilous financial position doing so. Burnley, OK they seem to have bouncebackability on the back of a very astute coach in Dyche though I suspect the next time they get relegated, and it will happen eventually, they may find getting back next time less than straightforward.

I think it will be tight for the top two and the pigs lack of injuries has allowed them to put a consistent run together which suggests they have a very good chance of autos. If they don't, as we found, owt could happen in the play-offs, but I suspect they'll give the games a better go than our limp performances against Huddersfield.

All those on here saying they don't care are either liars or not from Sheffield.

30 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Wolves, Bournemouth and Brighton started in the same position to ourselves. They got the external investment and benefited from it. That is what we should be trying to emulate though each have put themselves in a perilous financial position doing so. Burnley, OK they seem to have bouncebackability on the back of a very astute coach in Dyche though I suspect the next time they get relegated, and it will happen eventually, they may find getting back next time less than straightforward.

So United could do ok and then we’ve got to hope that when they come down they struggle because Huddersfield might....

and I shouldn’t be worried?

sorry mate don’t agree.

1 minute ago, ka58 said:

So United could do ok and then we’ve got to hope that when they come down they struggle because Huddersfield might....

and I shouldn’t be worried?

sorry mate don’t agree.

Yeah, OK fine, I agree to disagree. I would rather concentrate on our own prospects and get on with sorting our own s h i t out. Clubs with parachute payments are a reality in the Championship and I wouldn't fear the Blunts any more than any relegated club from that perspective. 

Much as i hate him as his mardy scummy chip on his shoulder about Wednesday manner so typical of a large part of their sad fans, Wilder is almost unbelievably (to look and listen to him) clearly a very good tactician and manager. Adding Hogan and Madine makes them favourites for automatics imo.

We just have to front up in the derby. Players and fans, and maybe we can do some damage to their confidence. 

We have been in the shadow of the Blades before, in my time as a Wednesday fan it was in the 1970's with the great United team of the Tony Currie era, since then they have been in our shadow as well.

At the moment they have a very good team, 1 dimensional, but still very good, we are ,at the moment, a work in progress and it may take 2 seasons to get where we want to be.

That's if the supporter's have patience and give the club and management the time to carry out the job.

Guest Jack the Hat

We are not in Uniteds shadow. I'm looking forward to the Derby game but other than that I never give them a thought. Funnily enough I went out with a United fan last night who told me that Gary Hooper isn't a natural goal scorer. Difficult to take them serious at times which is why I don't.

1 hour ago, Jack the Hat said:

We are not in Uniteds shadow. I'm looking forward to the Derby game but other than that I never give them a thought. Funnily enough I went out with a United fan last night who told me that Gary Hooper isn't a natural goal scorer. Difficult to take them serious at times which is why I don't.

Im a better footballer than Hooper has been for the last year 

Guest The Horse

The annoying thing for me this season is that Chansiri's cash would have had us promoted by now if he'd just come in.

It's so wide open and inconsistent this year with no strong teams in the way that Newcastle or Burnley / Hull and Brighton were.

That team from Carlos' first season would be out of sight.

Timing as they say, is everything.

Guest LittleG
4 hours ago, Animis said:

I think it will be tight for the top two and the pigs lack of injuries has allowed them to put a consistent run together which suggests they have a very good chance of autos. If they don't, as we found, owt could happen in the play-offs, but I suspect they'll give the games a better go than our limp performances against Huddersfield.

All those on here saying they don't care are either liars or not from Sheffield.

I don't care and I'm from Sheffield

Guest wilyfox

The job Wilder has done over there on a modest budget compared to our own is nothing short of brilliant. If they go up - obviously I hope they don't - they will have earned it and fair play to them.