Fletcher

Often a handful. Works hard. Brave.

No end product (generally speaking). Seemingly no real linkage with any other striker at the club.

What to do? For me, he's got to be dropped. He offers so little goal threat that whilst he battles manfully I feel he plays into defenders hands and often gives them the battle they want, which is aerial, physical and nothing in behind.

Joao has to start and I think nuhiu alongside. 

Tin hat on.

• Haha 1

Tin hat on again ....but best attacking performances towards the end of last season came with Joao, Nuhiu and Forestieri all playing together.

Bruce seems to want to build a defensive shield in a 4-2-3-1 formation so hard to see that happening.

I genuinely like fletch he battles hard holds the ball up well but it doesnt change the fact that hes basically a minor upgrade on nuhiu and not enough of an upgrade to justify his wages. 

He also doesnt seem to have a great understanding with the other strikers. Joao and FF seem to play better with nuhiu, fletch only seems to have a good understanding with hooper.

A tough decision going forward but we have the players to try a more mobile forward line, a front three of joao FF and aarons would cause plenty of defences problems at this level particularly away from home.

25 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

No end product (generally speaking). Seemingly no real linkage with any other striker at the club.

What to do? For me, he's got to be dropped. He offers so little goal threat that whilst he battles manfully I feel he plays into defenders hands and often gives them the battle they want, which is aerial, physical and nothing in behind.

Tin hat on.

Was thinking it all game, and tonight’s match was the final straw for me in that respect 

For all his endeavour he just isn’t enough for us when he’s up there on his own 

A striker alongside him could change that. Don’t think he’s got the chemistry going with Joao, played well with Hooper :ph34r:

Guest wilyfox

I remember watching Fletcher for Wolves in the premier league under Big Mick, and thought he was quality. Sadly we got him post-Sunderland injuries, and now turning 32. We're probably stuck with him for final year of contract because of his wage, but next season I hope he's sub at most. 

Blame the guy who has to run about chasing punts up field with no one within 30 yards of him, give me strength. We have no threat from midfield and no creativity, not a single striker could look good in our team. Was Joao even playing tonight, was he a midfielder or was he suppose to be up front with Fletch? 

37 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

Tin hat on.

Spot on until you mentioned the n word

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GerOwl said:

Blame the guy who has to run about chasing punts up field with no one within 30 yards of him, give me strength. We have no threat from midfield and no creativity, not a single striker could look good in our team. Was Joao even playing tonight, was he a midfielder or was he suppose to be up front with Fletch? 

Barely noticed Joao 

Edited by FreshOwl

How anyone can slag Fletcher off tonight is beyond me. Hector Hutch and Fletcher are the only players who can't be dropped at the moment for me. Take any of them 3 off tonight and we lose the game

The others have got to book their ideas up...Joao, Reach, Bannan, Pelepussy, Boyd were all invisible men

7 minutes ago, GerOwl said:

I agree, it’s a shockingly basic plan, but quite frankly, Fletcher wouldn’t really have the tools to operate in any other system