The paradox that is Sheffield Wednesday

I never expected many..if any signings....I think most Owls fans realise the situation we are in...Its surprising to me that DC doesn't.

More surprising is..The people around DC don't, or... are too scared to say owt.

Now its either employees playing him along and stealing a wage, or its simply we have a hierarchy at Hillsborough..who are totally f.ookin' stupid isn't it?

FFP has been explained to Wednesday fans...Wednesday fans accept the explanation and come to the conclusion...The only viable conclusion....

We HAVE to sell players....

What a fookin' paradox this is....

Instead of the Chairman and folk who run the club, timidly explaining to fans who buy season tickets

"Look we have to sell maybe Reach or Bannan or both to keep this sustainable"

The F.ookin' fans are explaining it to the bloody CHAIRMAN!!!

Only at Hillsborough..honestly..only here.

I dunno whether DC has taken it as some bloody insult cos we didn't get to the Prem..The fans don't see it as that...its thx for trying..we f.ooked up...lets start again...

There is little, if any recrimination for that.

It seems to me like... now...Wednesday fans are the enemy, when its seemingly only Wednesday fans who can see sense.

Wind your neck in DC!!..We know the score, don't trot out ridiculous crap like..."I have spent my money, lets see if they will spend theirs"!!!..Its arrant nonsense...Wednesday fans have paid more than any other set of fans in the sodding league...and more than most in that league above we all aspire to.....

Its gonna come to crux if this carries on...and no matter how much money Mr Chansiri has...He may think he "Owns" a footballing institution..he doesn't...The fans will have the final say

and whats super stupid is....instead of getting the fans on board...they are being alienated.

You have near on 30'000 friends out here DC...should you choose to use them....properly...or you have a couple of folk who know sod all about Wednesday, whispering nonsense in yer ear....

Take a f.ookin' pick

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Well they did say we had no offers so difficult to sell at this stage. 

Could it be that other championship clubs would rather not sign our players but would rather let us get punished by ffp as that would be at a greater benefit to them than gaining one player. Another conspiracy. 

Edited by flo

3 minutes ago, flo said:

Could it be that other championship clubs would rather not sign our players but would rather let us get punished by ffp as that would be at a greater benefit to them than gaining one player. Another conspiracy. 

I dunno mate..Have you finished adding to yer statement? lol

Edited by asteener1867

7 minutes ago, flo said:

Waiting until we're absolutely forced to sell for rock bottom and / or the contracts are cheaper. They're on a good wedge for championship players also. To be honest I don't think 12m - 15m for Adam Reach or Bannan or Forestieri would be worth it to a lower prem yoyo club. There's not much obvious value in our squad beside maybe Penny or Thornily.

Edited by TrueOwl

I don't know how he's managed it but DC has somehow got the fans wanting to sell our best players despite us paying ridiculous prices to watch bang average football. 

Remember the furore over that ridiculous survey...how view points change in such a short space of time. Mind you, wasn't that supposed to be 'paying high ticket prices for our ongoing quest for Premiership football?'  Maybe they meant ongoing quest to avoid relegation, just spelt it wrong?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

I never expected many..if any signings....I think most Owls fans realise the situation we are in...Its surprising to me that DC doesn't.

More surprising is..The people around DC don't, or... are too scared to say owt.

Now its either employees playing him along and stealing a wage, or its simply we have a hierarchy at Hillsborough..who are totally f.ookin' stupid isn't it?

FFP has been explained to Wednesday fans...Wednesday fans accept the explanation and come to the conclusion...The only viable conclusion....

We HAVE to sell players....

What a fookin' paradox this is....

Instead of the Chairman and folk who run the club, timidly explaining to fans who buy season tickets

"Look we have to sell maybe Reach or Bannan or both to keep this sustainable"

The F.ookin' fans are explaining it to the bloody CHAIRMAN!!!

Only at Hillsborough..honestly..only here.

I dunno whether DC has taken it as some bloody insult cos we didn't get to the Prem..The fans don't see it as that...its thx for trying..we f.ooked up...lets start again...

There is little, if any recrimination for that.

It seems to me like... now...Wednesday fans are the enemy, when its seemingly only Wednesday fans who can see sense.

Wind your neck in DC!!..We know the score, don't trot out ridiculous crap like..."I have spent my money, lets see if they will spend theirs"!!!..Its arrant nonsense...Wednesday fans have paid more than any other set of fans in the sodding league...and more than most in that league above we all aspire to.....

Its gonna come to crux if this carries on...and no matter how much money Mr Chansiri has...He may think he "Owns" a footballing institution..he doesn't...The fans will have the final say

and whats super stupid is....instead of getting the fans on board...they are being alienated.

You have near on 30'000 friends out here DC...should you choose to use them....properly...or you have a couple of folk who know sod all about Wednesday, whispering nonsense in yer ear....

Take a f.ookin' pick

I bet you voted Brexit just like me 

• Haha 1

The chairman can't win tbh, no matter what he does. 

At the end of the day he owns the club, and be it rightly or wrongly will run it how he sees fit. 

If he loses money, it's his decision. 

For all people talk about the fans being the club, and the club being nothing without the fans, it means little these days to wealthy owners, unfortunately. 

Guest Bulgaria
2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Pimp 'em out.....you can stand Abdi on a street corner...he can't f.ookin' wander far

Pimp abdi out?

He would get herpes if someone blew him a kiss.