The paradox that is Sheffield Wednesday

When we finally twig as a fanbase that supporting Wednesday is just our version of the stupidly melodramatic soap operas that lots of other folk waste hours on, we’ll realise the last three seasons have been some of the best-written in living memory. A golden era, no less! Proper cliffhangers every week. Shockingly overacted set pieces with a twenty bob note as Chekhov’s gun. Sudden disappearances of key characters who then reappear six episodes later with ‘amnesia’ about what really happened. Panto villains sent packing. A tarnished hero waiting in the wings to rise like a phoenix from the ashes. Mushroom conspiracies. Cakeball. Shipments of exotic imports lost at sea. A bit of slap & tickle on the Kop.

All we need now is a mysterious evil twin, and for Abdi to go down on one knackered knee in front of Katrien in the centre circle.

Honestly, E17 has got nowt on S6.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY, I’M SECRETLY LOVING THIS YOU MADHEADS

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

23 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

When we finally twig as a fanbase that supporting Wednesday is just our version of the stupidly melodramatic soap operas that lots of other folk waste hours on, we’ll realise the last three seasons have been some of the best-written in living memory. A golden era, no less! Proper cliffhangers every week. Shockingly overacted set pieces with a twenty bob note as Chekhov’s gun. Sudden disappearances of key characters who then reappear six episodes later with ‘amnesia’ about what really happened. Panto villains sent packing. A tarnished hero waiting in the wings to rise like a phoenix from the ashes. Mushroom conspiracies. Cakeball. Shipments of exotic imports lost at sea. A bit of slap & tickle on the Kop.

All we need now is a mysterious evil twin, and for Abdi to go down on one knackered knee in front of Katrien in the centre circle.

Honestly, E17 has got nowt on S6.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY, I’M SECRETLY LOVING THIS YOU MADHEADS

Ha Ha brilliant

Probably no offers cos half the clubs in the Championship have P& S problems of their own.

The rest have parachute payments and set their sights higher or just haven’t got the dosh in the first place.

If that’s the case keep the best and release the rest in the summer. There’ll be another embargo but let a good management team have a go with what we’ve got.

After all there’s not much alternative unless there’s a surprise outgoing in the next few days.

Going to be a reyt drag I know, but I think we’re just going to have to settle for a FA Cup final win, and promotion via the play-offs double this season.

Westwood equallinghis clean sheets record, Atdhe finishing top scorer, and Abdi player of the season.

7 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I'll own up.. not that it's a secret.

I had a lot of time for what Jos was seemingly trying to do.

I really thought after the last season the lad knew what he was doing....he didn't.

But a big part of me thinks that it was the right plan with the wrong manager.

Oh I think he'd got a plan and it was clear what it was. 

The faults were that he was attempting it at 100 mph and was throwing the baby out with the bathwater.  

It's still got to be the clubs plan long term. We just need someone who needs the human touch while doing it, and making the most of the tools at his disposal in the short term until the summer.

11 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Oh I think he'd got a plan and it was clear what it was. 

The faults were that he was attempting it at 100 mph and was throwing the baby out with the bathwater.  

It's still got to be the clubs plan long term. We just need someone who needs the human touch while doing it, and making the most of the tools at his disposal in the short term until the summer.

I really wonder how the conversation went when he came onboard?

It really wouldn't amaze me if SB and his team are on to pastures new before we've got the tinfoil off our Easter eggs.

Because of money.

22 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

I'll own up.. not that it's a secret.

I had a lot of time for what Jos was seemingly trying to do.

I really thought after the last season the lad knew what he was doing....he didn't.

But a big part of me thinks that it was the right plan with the wrong manager.

He got it all wrong mate. He was a reyt numpty noodle heed.

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Yeah.. I see now that he was the wrong one.

When you have players like Hutch shaking his shoulders, saying he’s been fit for ages, not understanding why he isn’t playing, whilst we’re bringing on a young kid with bum fluff on his chin, to throw away points against West Brom, you know the manager is a mushroom short of a full English breakfast.

Just now, theowlsman said:

When you have players like Hutch shaking his shoulders, saying he’s been fit for ages, not understanding why he isn’t playing, whilst we’re bringing on a young kid with bum fluff on his chin, to throw away points against West Brom, you know the manager is a mushroom short of a full English breakfast.

I've been going back through my posting history to find something I've been right about...