No Westwood today - tired

Guest Manwithastick

9 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

It’s why Dawson is back. He’s saved more shots than any other keeper.

I was hoping we'd stick wih the not letting the opposition shoot approach of the last couple of games.  But if we're going back to letting them fire shots off at will I can sort of see the logic of not risking a tired player. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

I was hoping we'd stick wih the not letting the opposition shoot approach of the last couple of games.  But if we're going back to letting them fire shots off at will I can sort of see the logic of not risking a tired player. 

Anyone would think he trained for that, obviously he fancied a fry up this morning whilst reading the papers instead

I reckon I’m out on a limb with this one, but I just feel that not having trained properly for so long until Jos had left, might mean that Westwood isn’t in the best physical shape, and might’ve played the last 2 games on adrenalin, so it might now be catching up on him and he might be tired.

Radical I know.

• Like 1

Just now, theowlsman said:

I reckon I’m out on a limb with this one, but I just feel that not having trained properly for so long until Jos had left, might mean that Westwood isn’t in the best physical shape, and might’ve played the last 2 games on adrenalin, so it might now be catching up on him and he might be tired.

Radical I know.

Could be. I will stick with the other ideas myself. Mainly its just nonsense and if true then pathetic

13 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

It’s why Dawson is back. He’s saved more shots than any other keeper.

Ha ha. Interesting theory. However I would prefer to play the keeper that has played 2 games and kept 2 clean sheets. Probably not far off the amount of clean sheets Dawson has kept all season. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Radical I know.

Makes sense. 

Same with Hutchinson don't expect hell he travelling either after a gruelling game in the central midfield engine room.

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Ha ha. Interesting theory. However I would prefer to play the keeper that has played 2 games and kept 2 clean sheets. Probably not far off the amount of clean sheets Dawson has kept all season. 

Playing makes him tired though.

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Makes sense. 

Same with Hutchinson don't expect hell he travelling either after a gruelling game in the central midfield engine room.

Funny then  Ive seen him pitch side, obviously going to play some part again.

Well we get to see if Dawson is as bad as some have claimed then today. 

Was it down to jos the rotators tactics formations and constant tinkering meaning we ran around like headless chickens and couldn't defend leaving our goalkeeper looking like King canute, or just becouse westwood Marshalls the back four better and adds leadership that Dawson hasn't learned yet.?? 

1 minute ago, Big Jack said:

Funny then  Ive seen him pitch side, obviously going to play some part again.

Playing in goal.

Been practicing Westwood’s hard stare at opponents all week. With the renewed defensive qualities in front of him, like Westwood, he’ll not need to make a save anyway