Shop Window

15 hours ago, alanharper said:

We simply can't. We've known all season that we need to raise some money in this upcoming window. However better recent form may up the price a little.

We don’t need to raise money, we could perhaps be more careful with what we have. If a team going challenge they’ll have to spend 

What do we think is happening here then. Given our financial predicament, the appointment of Steve Bruce, a manager who needs a big budget, but who generally will bring success, would seem a reckless appointment. In fact it would be a move, almost akin to the Jordan Rhodes signing. I can only assume, or at least hope, that DC is working on a plan to stabilise our finances

17 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

We don’t need to raise money, we could perhaps be more careful with what we have. If a team going challenge they’ll have to spend 

Which would support the fact if correct, the extremely high package Bruce is or as been offered. How can that be right if we have to sell players to appease the FFP or to gain the services of Bruce. We cant be as bad as we thought regarding FFP. Can't see Bruce coming in if we have to sell the crown jewels.

17 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

What do we think is happening here then. Given our financial predicament, the appointment of Steve Bruce, a manager who needs a big budget, but who generally will bring success, would seem a reckless appointment. In fact it would be a move, almost akin to the Jordan Rhodes signing. I can only assume, or at least hope, that DC is working on a plan to stabilise our finances

You would have to presume that’s the case wouldn’t you which is making me rather intrigued and hopeful - here’s to an interesting 2019!

16 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Wouldn't lose any sleep if we sold FF. Reach seems to be our main man these days. I suspect if Bruce is to be the next manager, he will want keep Bannan, Westwood and Joao.

I can't see any sensible bids coming in for any of the others.

The out of contract players aren’t a problem, unless Bruce wants keep the odd one. As for Fessi, if an attractive bid comes in for him and he wants to go, why not? However if he wants to help SB to build a promotion winning team, I can see him having a great time playing under Bruce.

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Reach is being linked with Premiership clubs. If he moves in January he will go for an awful lot more than £10m.

25 year old, left-sided, two-footed, English, play any position, ultra-professional, tantrum-free, 45 game per season, fast, powerful, and now goal-scoring star player.

I would say the fee will be nearer £20m than £10m.

Hope he stays though. As the team gets stronger Adam’s runs and chances will increase, and you back him to score them more often than not.

Hes not quite premiership quality at the moment though. 

17 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Great result - but that shop window opens up in less than a week, are we going to hang onto our best players if some offers come in? 

17 hours ago, alanharper said:

We simply can't. We've known all season that we need to raise some money in this upcoming window. However better recent form may up the price a little.

IF bruce is coming in, undoubtedly he will be aware of our financial situation.

I would imagine he and the club has spoken deeply on the matter.

dc may have come up with the sale of something other than players to rebalance the books and fund a new promotion push, if that is so, then it maybe possible to keep them all who are needed, and signings and loans to press on this term.

IF SO, there is very little 'room' left for adverse results from new year inwards, and thus I fear we may only be bringing in loans, whilst freeing up any non essential personnel we can shift out.

but unknown/exciting times ahead.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce has been told that one or both of Reach and Bannan has to be sold in January with the bulk of the fees going to offset FFP and he gets a few million to spend plus loans. Spend the second half of the season getting to know the players and aiming for top half finish with the playoffs being a longshot but a bonus. Then more to spend in the summer when lots of big earners are released with a view to seriously challenging for the top six next season.  

• Like 1

Appointing someone like Steve Bruce is going down a totally different avenue of Chansiri running the club to how he's run it before? In the past he's been reliant on advisors and a continental way of doing things in terms of recruitment, this would obviously be different under an old school British Manager. This is obviously a complete guess by me but this decision is one he's either come to himself or he's been influenced by others bringing in fresh investment?

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

If the money needed to secure Bruce is correct I’d have to guess a player or two has already been sold. 

I think if we raise 12-15m in Jan and offload a big earner or two we’ll go into next season able to spend; all the players out of contract and a few others being sold too meaning we can then begin rebuilding. 

I think there are some loans to be had, if we sell Fessi or Reach the lad we missed from Chelsea could come in. 

I’m less confident about replacing Bannan, but agree we play better/more ballenced  as a team when he misses out. 

Westwood, Hutch, Boyd or Jones you’d assume we could let go of an offer is on table. 

Jaoa or Winnal I’d expect to lose either now or in July, even if just out on loan to save wages of Winnal.