We’re F*cked

44 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Jan 2015 -     First involvement - the signing of Sergiu Bus, Marnick Vermijl and Filipe Melo.
Apr 2015 -     Chief buddhist 'blessed' the ground.
May 2015 -    Three 'advisors' appointed - Glenn Roeder, Paul Senior and Adam Pearson. All three left within weeks.
Jun 2015 -     Signed Darrly Lachman, Marco Matias, Lewis Price, Lewis McGugan, Rhoys Wiggins, Modou Sougou
Jul 2015 -    Season ticket prices - cheapest Kop adult up from £360 to £395.
May 2016 -    Losses of £11m announced
May 2016 -     Average price of cheapest POTG ticket over 15/16 season - up from £23.57 to £31.11
Jan 2016 -    Club badge changed. Fans not asked.
Jun 2016 -     Signed Steven Fletcher, Jake Kean, Almen Abdi, Urby Emanuelson, Morgan Fox.
Jul 2016 -     Lewis McGugan frozen out.
Jul 2016 -    Stripes ditched from the shirt. Fans not asked.
Jul 2016 -    Season ticket prices - cheapest Kop adult up from £395 to £415
Jul 2016 -    Membership price up from £30 to £50
Sep 2016 -    Golden elephants placed outside of South Stand for good luck.
Aug 2016 -    Bizarre squad numbering announced.
May 2017 -     Losses of £20m announced.
May 2017 -     Average price of cheapest POTG ticket over 15/16 season - up from £31.11 to £33.26
Jun 2017 -     Signed Jordan Rhodes, George Boyd, Joost van Aken, Joey Pelupessy.
Jul 2017 -    Season ticket prices - cheapest Kop adult up from £415 to £455
Jul 2017 -    George Hirst frozen out
Aug 2017 -    Club1867 announced. A bronze plaque for £1,500, with a 'free' 3-year season ticket upon promotion to PL.
Sep 2017 -    Cakeball.
Jan 2018 -     Katrien Meire appointed CEO
Feb 2018 -    Fans polled regarding ticket prices and squad investment. 70% voted for ticket prices and squad investment to stay at current levels, 30% voted for lower ticket prices and promotion of youth players.
Apr 2018 -    Sean Clare frozen out
Jul 2018 -     Membership price up from £50 to £90
Jul 2018 -    Keiren Westwood frozen out
Aug 2018 -    No pre-season player signings for first time since pre-WWII. Youth players promoted into the first team squad.
Aug 2018 -    Fans told that the transfer embargo has been lifted, having not been told we were in one to start with.
Sep 2018 -    Sam Hutchinson frozen out

I agree Chansiri deserves a lot of criticism.

But to simply pick up on the negatives is unfair. 

• Like 1

What has been confirmed tonight (as if we didn't already know), is that the Chairman does not have a business plan of any description, he will not take on board the opinions of the fans, or advice from people who do know the game, but will just carry on with his head in the sand way of "managing" the club and apparently has no intentions of sacking Jos, at the current time.  In the words of the old saying it feels like "Nymphomaniac management"  (staggering from one wee wee tail up to another).

The club may have historically been in worse situations as far as league position is concerned, but the prospects really do look absolutely horrendous for the next few years if Chansiri continues as owner of the club.  He alluded to being tired and not knowing how long he would stay.  He previously stated he would go if the fans did not want him any longer.  In my mind, that time has now arrived and the best thing he can do for the club is either to sell up (if he can find someone to take on this poisoned chalice), or otherwise appoint someone with deep football knowledge and experience as a Director of Football, together with a head coach who has successful experience and knowledge of the Championship.  The cost of not doing so will be incredibly damaging to this club.

The status quo is simply unacceptable and can only lead to relegation, - possibly not just in to League One, but every chance of worse still.

3 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

I agree Chansiri deserves a lot of criticism.

But to simply pick up on the negatives is unfair. 

Feel free to slot defeat at Wembley and a play-off semi defeat in there if you like.

(Emphasis on the word “defeats”. We’ve won nothing under Chansiri. We’ve achieved nothing under Chansiri)

Can you think of any other positives?

Suppose it’s up to you if you think any of those outweigh the long term implications of what we are hearing tonight. 

Edited by sheffield_dave

There is a world bigger than just Wednesday and FFP affects many more, and some more seriously, than us.

DC clarified tonight that the rules changed in December last year and the EFL will not want several clubs all failing at the same time which is currently on the cards.

An upward change in the limits or a lengthening of the time period would change things overnight.

Some of the vagueness is for a reason because the EFL are allover clubs affected but it is something that obviously can't be spoken about publicly.

9 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

There is a world bigger than just Wednesday and FFP affects many more, and some more seriously, than us.

DC clarified tonight that the rules changed in December last year and the EFL will not want several clubs all failing at the same time which is currently on the cards.

An upward change in the limits or a lengthening of the time period would change things overnight.

Some of the vagueness is for a reason because the EFL are allover clubs affected but it is something that obviously can't be spoken about publicly.

Go to games and then come on here defending. Every time you spout this stuff but don't go to matches. And before you

red arrow with your mates pay out hard cash hard hard cash and then support this regime. 

Edited by stanningtonowl

He’s misguided, naive and probably quite stubborn. But its also glaringly obvious that he genuinely cares. That in itself gives me a little comfort, but he needs to make changes and fast. 

Stuff needs to change, he needs help from proper football folk. And personally I think he’d be better off letting KM get involved more - from Ive seen of her she’s come across really well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Go to games and then come on here defending. Every time you spout this stuff but don't go to matches. And before you

red arrow with your mates pay out hard cash hard hard cash and then support this regime. 

What?  Red arrow with my mates? Who? When? Where?  You're making it up or you've got me mixed up.

I live abroad so go when I can, went for 23 years before I did and had a season ticket for about 10 of them.  I pay to watch every game available and watch any others in whatever way I can.

None of the above invalidates my opinions or makes them worth any less than yours.  If I did still live in the UK then I'm one of those fans who would just buy a season ticket anyway if that helps?

I am well used to watching garbage from the age of 8 and going to games was never just about the result(s).

We've had loads of crap from chairmen in different ways at different times.  This one has spent a lot of his money and didn't do too bad at all in his first two years and now it's gone a bit titsup.

There are several reasons and influencing factors for where we find ourselves and I will introduce them into the debate to hopefully add to the discussion as and when I feel necessary and it is not about defending anybody.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, stanningtonowl said:

Said no Charlton fan ever. 

Charlton’s issues have always been much deeper than her, their owner appears to be the root cause. Albeit I know she didn’t exactly make herself popular with them.

But this isn’t Charlton. I’m sure she’s learned some harsh lessons from that experience.

• Like 1

Just now, bigdan2003 said:

Charlton’s issues have always been much deeper than her, their owner appears to be the root cause. Albeit I know she didn’t exactly make herself popular with them.

But this isn’t Charlton. I’m sure she’s learned some harsh lessons from that experience.

OK. Fortunately as we watch our world with KM everything is rosy.