Video - Danny Wilson on Sheffield Wednesday and Paolo Di Canio

5 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Lamb to the slaughter as a manager

Was it his first managerial job?

I think he was Barnsley's manager before us. I might be wrong though.

Had Barnsley playing like Brazil before joining us.. 

Handled the Di Canio situation wrongly and it cost us, losing our star player and record signing on the cheap and replaced them with De Bilde and Sibon. Say no more

Should have quit (or been sacked) after losing 8-0 at Newcastle, the only team below us in the table if I remember correctly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WelshOwl74 said:

good player,terrible manager

bottled the situation

But loved his work he did for the team at S2, if it was not for our under cover agent we may not have made them look so stupid when we picked up 8 points and two games in hand a few season back.

For me what a guy. garymegson

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Good watch that video

Danny Wilson is clearly a really nice guy

Spoke very well about Di Canio surprisingly

Classy interview

Agree but the final nail in the coffin of a ship that was sinking was the release of Di Canio. This was all caused by Dave Richards wanting to look after himself and get the premier league chairmanship. A sad part of our history 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Agree but the final nail in the coffin of a ship that was sinking was the release of Di Canio. This was all caused by Dave Richards wanting to look after himself and get the premier league chairmanship. A sad part of our history 

If you google Dave Richards other business activities you will find him to be a financial disaster area, he lost SWFC millions of pounds in player values in order to become Mr Nice and be offered the Premier League chairmanship.

1 hour ago, optimisticowl said:

If you google Dave Richards other business activities you will find him to be a financial disaster area, he lost SWFC millions of pounds in player values in order to become Mr Nice and be offered the Premier League chairmanship.

He never had the interest of the club at heart and set us on the road to where we have been for 20 years 

19 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

He never had the interest of the club at heart and set us on the road to where we have been for 20 years 

I recall seeing him pick up his wife at a Bradford & Bingley local office, where she worked on the counter. I thought this strange for the wife of the SWFC chairman, but on reflection, out of the two of them, she was probably the bread winner looking at his business failures.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

I recall seeing him pick up his wife at a Bradford & Bingley local office, where she worked on the counter. I thought this strange for the wife of the SWFC chairman, but on reflection, out of the two of them, she was probably the bread winner looking at his business failures.

The irony behind that is after Bert McGee’s frugal years Richards strapped us in and then bailed out when the going got tough

3 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

Here we go again

Dave Richards as responsible for vast improvements to th stadium whilst getting us to regular high placed top flight finishes not to mention our only major trophy for donkeys years.

Nice chap Danny Wilson. 

Mind, he didn't manage Nilsson and Palmer and I'm surprised he thinks Woods and Waddle played in our League Cup final win too. 

Mind, Carlton thinks Roland marked Giggs out of the game in 91 even though it was Lee Sharpe. 

Maybe they've all headed too many footballs between them.

Funnily enough Ryan Giggs' dad is also called Danny Wilson.

• Haha 1