Should we have kept Wallace

Just now, asteener1867 said:

So you don't think we could match Fleetwood?

Maybe you are right, with the embargo looming, 

I think Nuhiu and Pudil were more of a priority than Wallace. We were under an embargo at the time so would be a waste of valuable resources to resign Wallace in my opinion. 

Put it this way, by offering Wallace a new deal we may not have been able to get Hector in. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I think Nuhiu and Pudil were more of a priority than Wallace. We were under an embargo at the time so would be a waste of valuable resources to resign Wallace in my opinion. 

Put it this way, by offering Wallace a new deal we may not have been able to get Hector in. 

Thats a fair enough point..............

13 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Yep..thnk f.ook Boyds stepped up wiv his nimble youthful whateverthef.ook lol

Yes, well no one has exactly lauded our recruitment and planning in the last few years. 

Edited by SiJ

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Fair enough...what are Boyds stats for this season?

see thats my point

Boyd is under contract

Wallace wasn't

Are you saying because we made a mistake over two years ago with giving Boyd a long contract, we should have kept Wallace on because he's a little better? If you've got limited resources you've gotta maximise their use... keeping a poorly performing player because you're obligated to keep an even more poorly performing player on the books isn't smart

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

If Boyd could go back in time a couple of years. He'd be perfect to play in the left of a three. Unfortunately he's just had it. Ran himself into the ground at Burnley it seems.

To be fair I don't think Boyd has been given a fair crack of the whip; he's mostly been played out of position. Not saying he's the answer but when players I've never heard of are on the bench in front of him then it's not just down to his ability.