Should we have kept Wallace

Dawson

Palmer                                             Lees                                     Hector                                                  Penney

Wallace                                       Pelepussy/Hutch                Bannan                                                   Reach

Fletch/Nuhiu/Joao                                                  FF

2 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

For me no. I can see the appeal, but his performances were down a level last saeson, and the wage bill is bloated enough as it is. Jos has already got Boyd as a bench-warmer, I doubt Wallace's fate would have been any different.

Fleetwood could offer more?

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I thought Wallace was a quality free signing but it was the right decision to release. We had an ageing squad and the average age needed reducing. We also had another ageing winger in our squad. I will never be able to get my head around why we signed George Boyd?

Me too...We should have kept Wallace instead lol

Edited by asteener1867

6 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I thought Wallace was a quality free signing but it was the right decision to release. We had an ageing squad and the average age needed reducing. We also had another ageing winger in our squad. I will never be able to get my head around why we signed George Boyd?

In hindsight not a bad addition. Experienced, can play a few positions, works hard, played week in week out in the Prem the season we signed him. 

Just seems he's lost it all with age. Always a risk when you sign players towards the end of their career. Sometimes it can work and they provide that bit of experience and knowledge you need like Steve Watson, Michael Johnson, Rob Jones and Glen Loovens did for us in the past. Sometimes they can just come here and treat us like a retirement home like Boyd, Jones and Abdi have. 

Shame because whilst FF and Matias are out he'd be a good option playing wide left in his natural position. But his legs have gone.

Edited by SallyCinnamon

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

In hindsight not a bad addition. Experienced, can play a few positions, works hard, played week in week out in the Prem the season we signed him. 

Just seems he's lost it all with age. Shame because whilst FF and Matias are out he'd be a good option playing wide left in his natural position. But his legs have gone.

We had an ageing squad when we went in for him. Absolutely barmy. Already had a similar player in Wallace. Agreed, he had a decent career at Burnley but it was based on workrate not ability. 

Boyd’s performance away at Sunderland in the league cup was one of the worst displays I’ve seen from a Wednesday player. Absolutely hopeless. It rivals Jon Beswetherick! Don’t think we’ve seen him since and I’m not surprised.

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

We had an ageing squad when we went in for him. Absolutely barmy. Already had a similar player in Wallace. Agreed, he had a decent career at Burnley but it was based on workrate not ability. 

Boyd’s performance away at Sunderland in the league cup was one of the worst displays I’ve seen from a Wednesday player. Absolutely hopeless. It rivals Jon Beswetherick! Don’t think we’ve seen him since and I’m not surprised.

It was hopeless, it's bizarre what's happened to him. Because you can't say he's always been a bad player. He used to tear us apart for Peterborough. And he played consistently at this level and higher for Burnley and Hull. 

Agreed we had an ageing squad. But hopefully the club has learned from their mistakes. However I can completely see why we went for him on a free transfer when money was tight. It's just completely backfired.

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Just seems he's lost it all with age. Always a risk when you sign players towards the end of their career. Sometimes it can work and they provide that bit of experience and knowledge you need like Steve Watson, Michael Johnson, Rob Jones and Glen Loovens did for us in the past. Sometimes they can just come here and treat us like a retirement home like Boyd, Jones and Abdi have. 

Shame because whilst FF and Matias are out he'd be a good option playing wide left in his natural position. But his legs have gone.

You do know what "In Hindsight" means don't you?

• Haha 1