Should we have kept Wallace

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Boyd is under contract

Wallace wasn't

Are you saying because we made a mistake over two years ago with giving Boyd a long contract, we should have kept Wallace on because he's a little better? If you've got limited resources you've gotta maximise their use... keeping a poorly performing player because you're obligated to keep an even more poorly performing player on the books isn't smart

I don't know how long Boyds contract is mate...But like I posted earlier, if that is the reason its fair enough, but still poor 

I’d have been tempted to offer him a 1 year deal on reduced terms. Like many have said, he can cross a ball. Great character. He should do well at fleetwood tho, I still laugh at when he nicked that note vs Brighton. Brilliant..!

11 minutes ago, LittleG said:

To be fair I don't think Boyd has been given a fair crack of the whip; he's mostly been played out of position. Not saying he's the answer but when players I've never heard of are on the bench in front of him then it's not just down to his ability.

boyd has been a disappointment ,but he played really well in u23s at leeds 2-3weeks ago put a shift in and scored a good goal,by miles was best player ,yet cant make the 18 even though we have massive injury problems . very very strange . 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Fair enough...what are Boyds stats for this season?

see thats my point

Isn’t Adam Reach arguably playing where Wallace would? Probably a better comparison to than someone that’s not likely to feature due to either drastic drop off in ability or likely performance related bonuses. 

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

Isn’t Adam Reach arguably playing where Wallace would? Probably a better comparison to than someone that’s not likely to feature due to either drastic drop off in ability or likely performance related bonuses. 

So if you reckon Boyd has drastically dropped off.....and not likely to feature........................

Should we have kept Wallace?

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

So if you reckon Boyd has drastically dropped off.....and not likely to feature........................

Should we have kept Wallace?

To rival Boyd as a non starter? Nah, seems excessive Jones, Abdi, Westwood already in that position. 

To rival Reach? Nah, Reach is top draw, scoring for fun even in a better league than Wallace. 

Am am I being really simple here I can’t for the life of me see why you’d still want a player who every club in this league, the one below too all said no thanks to?? 

To rival Boyd as a non starter? Nah, seems excessive Jones, Abdi, Westwood already in that position. 

To rival Reach? Nah, Reach is top draw, scoring for fun even in a better league than Wallace. 

Am am I being really simple here I can’t for the life of me see why you’d still want a player who every club in this league, the one below too all said no thanks to?? 

In no way am I suggesting YOU'RE simple..but for a club that carries Abdi etc?....maybe they are not so bright....and you don't actually know that EVERY club below us rejected Wallace ..Do you?..Maybe Fleetwood were the first to make him an offer and he took it...Maybe he has a friend in fleetwood, maybe he likes the coast?

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

In no way am I suggesting YOU'RE simple..but for a club that carries Abdi etc?....maybe they are not so bright....and you don't actually know that EVERY club below us rejected Wallace ..Do you?..Maybe Fleetwood were the first to make him an offer and he took it...Maybe he has a friend in fleetwood, maybe he likes the coast?

What would you do with him if he’d been retained?? 

asteener... genuine question mate. Do you understand that retaining people like Abdi wasn't a choice but a legal necessity because they are still under a contract that doesn't expire?

The question you're asking seems really weird. Imagine you have three cars... one is battered and gets you from A to B but splutters a lot (Wallace), the second car doesn't run at all (Boyd) and the third does the job just fine (Reach). You have to keep the first car for another 12 months, but you can get rid of the second car now. Do you get rid of the car and use the money you would have paid on road tax and petrol and put that towards a new car 6 months down the line... or do you keep it and be potentially unable to afford that replacement car in 6 months? 

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Maybe a little more than what we are doing with

Abdi

Boyd

Hutch

Hooper

Winnal 

?

I think you're working on the assumption that Wallace wasn't past it. He is and would be just another player on that list. 

• Haha 1

Just now, asteener1867 said:

Maybe a little more than what we are doing with

Abdi

Boyd

Hutch

Hooper

Winnal 

?

but what? I mean in theory I could play more than Hooper this season but I’m terrible so I’d not help the situation any more. I’d have to be better than what’s playing and I don’t see who he displaced in any first xi or match day squad? 

So what value would he add, not being pedantic here, respect your opinion but on this matter I genuinely have no idea who you’re suggesting he’s better than to justify us spending money we don’t have on players we wouldn’t play. 

but what? I mean in theory I could play more than Hooper this season but I’m terrible so I’d not help the situation any more. I’d have to be better than what’s playing and I don’t see who he displaced in any first xi or match day squad? 

So what value would he add, not being pedantic here, respect your opinion but on this matter I genuinely have no idea who you’re suggesting he’s better than to justify us spending money we don’t have on players we wouldn’t play. 

As I said earlier

If it was a matter of money

I fully understand

3 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Dawson

Palmer                                             Lees                                     Hector                                                  Penney

Wallace                                       Pelepussy/Hutch                Bannan                                                   Reach

Fletch/Nuhiu/Joao                                                  FF

Absolutely not! Stayed a season to long as it was! 

Were circa 12m over budget, most of our decisions involve a financial consideration. 

True

and the club knew we were heading for that as they signed Boyd didn't they?

Im not disputing you are right

your posts make sense

Its the situation we are in I find a little senseless